Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths Animated DVD.

+25
TENIME_art
Hannibal king
Joshua
superdoug
Sandman
THALASTDRAGON
rwe1138
jaydee74
azrael07
prescribeddrone
Mnemosis
Nymn
AlienIncognito
meat_stick
shiky800
Rath99
potatojoe
Batman25JM
elijahdprophet
BlueMaxx
supervenom
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
Esbat
Chi-Town Spidey
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the problem with these DC animated movies for the most part is that they are restricted to a certain time limit. I believe that has to do with the fact the most if not all of them will eventually be played on Cartoon Network. Because of this time restraint, you can only do so much. Would I have liked a little more from our JLA about alternate universes? Yes. Hell, I wanted more Green Lantern vs Power Ring but I didn't get it. I think the problem is that when you have the time restriction, you can do only so much within the movie and when you have a team movie like this, you have to have a little give and take. I know that New Frontier had a lot of character interaction to it but even though it's like two minutes longer I believe, there is not equal screen time for all the characters like you have in this feature. I thought for what this was, Crisis On Two Earths was a very entertaining movie. Could they have gone in different ways? Sure. I still thought it was well done though.

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

jaydee74 wrote:I think the problem with these DC animated movies for the most part is that they are restricted to a certain time limit. I believe that has to do with the fact the most if not all of them will eventually be played on Cartoon Network. Because of this time restraint, you can only do so much. Would I have liked a little more from our JLA about alternate universes? Yes. Hell, I wanted more Green Lantern vs Power Ring but I didn't get it. I think the problem is that when you have the time restriction, you can do only so much within the movie and when you have a team movie like this, you have to have a little give and take. I know that New Frontier had a lot of character interaction to it but even though it's like two minutes longer I believe, there is not equal screen time for all the characters like you have in this feature. I thought for what this was, Crisis On Two Earths was a very entertaining movie. Could they have gone in different ways? Sure. I still thought it was well done though.

I don't think this can be explained away by simple time restraint. Even with the allotted time they could have done more with what they had, the were unnecessary fight scenes they could have cut out. the JL cartoon had even less time and they still accomplished more.

I did enjoy the movie, but it only really works as a dumb action movie, nothing more than that.

Having said that, I just saw the Spectre short, it was FANTASTIC. Leagues better than the main feature. I really hope they do more of these for other lesser known characters like The Doom Patrol, Blue Beetle, and The Outsiders. I'd give that a 10 out of 10.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess to each their own. I thought the movie was pretty well done and I am looking forward to the next DC feature which will be Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum