Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are you creative?

+14
Airwolf
FroZen
Joshua
Sci-Fi
Administrator
superdoug
Ska
potatojoe
Foxy
(._Y_.)
Esbat
BlueMaxx
Silent K
Thundermatts
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Why are you creative? Empty Why are you creative? Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know alot of people here are. Alot of us fancy ourselves writers, artists, and
filmmakers. WHat's up with that? Is it a nerd thing? What's your thoughts?

FOr myself, I credit my creativity and imagination to being an only child. Having to amuse myself usually, and not having to share really helped mold my mind into a storyteller. Even as a kid playing with my Jurassic Park toys, I played more like a director. I had a set story already in mind, and played it out to it's conclusion. Then I started with the sequel Smile

2Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Only Child FTW!

3Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YAY!

Lonely childhoods FTW

4Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Becasue I have this fantastic ability to make awesome from my magnificence. king

5Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh shoot, I meant to say please don't post if you're uncreative

6Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Oh shoot, I meant to say please don't post if you're uncreative
Don't be so hard on yourself. You wouldn't have been able to make the thread, then.

7Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BA-DUM KRSH

8Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:02 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Growing up poor and being the only male son/cousin/grandchild for about 12 years. Surrounded by girls, trapped in time, low on testosterone. Also I drew the ire of bullies and was kinda the weird/smart kid throughout elementary/jr high so Ispent many an unbeaten up lunch period in the library reading books never meant to be read by children my age. Like the Horror Movie Encylopedia (basically reading about movies I couldn't afford to watch/rent), the Encyclopedia of Villains (covered literary/film/comic villains wondering for weeks why The Shredder wasn't listed), and alot of scary/ghost/scifi books like Dune and various true hauntings books.

I was 10 when I wrote and drew my first comic, 12 when I realized I couldn't draw, and 13 when I decided I wanted to be a writer.

http://realityfugitives.com/

9Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:05 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh yeah, my mother instilled in me a love of reading that has helped. She read to me in the woumb and never quit. In fourth grade I was reading at a college level. I actually struggled through alot of english classes because the ciriculum was so boring to me. Not trying to sound like a douche, but while I was waiting on everyone else to finish whatever we were supposed to be reading, I was making up stories in my head.

10Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

On that same note, were any of The PoP!ulation in any Gifted programs in school?

11Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:16 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hells yeah, but only in fourth fifth and sixth grade, Seventh grade I went to a Catholic school and it filled me with a hatred of both Jesus, and school. When I went public again, I never applied myself and coasted on not doing work but doing well on tests.

12Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:18 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

because I create things.

13Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Oh yeah, my mother instilled in me a love of reading that has helped.

My mom made sure we picked out a book from the public library at least every other week. I was reluctant, but then, after looking at the variety, I remember thinking at the time that books are as cool as movies.

14Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:because I create things. Except laughter

15Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 am

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:FOr myself, I credit my creativity and imagination to being an only child. Having to amuse myself usually, and not having to share really helped mold my mind into a storyteller.

Thundermatts wrote:Oh yeah, my mother instilled in me a love of reading that has helped.
These, plus my dad is a geek. I was raised on Star Trek and adventure/fantasy films and books which fueled my imagination.

Silent K wrote:On that same note, were any of The PoP!ulation in any Gifted programs in school?
I was supposed to be. :x I moved to a new school in second grade and qualified for the Advance studies group, which lasted from 3rd grade to 6th, but the program was full. It was a bummer.

Last edited by Foxy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.foxyart.net

16Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:because I create things. Except laughter

I just created tears Sad

17Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awwwww! I was just zingin ya! *hugs* you actually grow on me once I look past the fact that you're forty eight with a ten year olds screen name.

18Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:On that same note, were any of The PoP!ulation in any Gifted programs in school?

I was in a forth grade reading class in the first grade. I was picked on so much, that I purposely failed so I could be taken out of the class.

19Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:26 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ha! Nerd! *Punches Joe*

20Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:26 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Awwwww! I was just zingin ya! *hugs* you actually grow on me once I look past the fact that you're forty eight with a ten year olds screen name.

Im 27!

21Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:29 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lol. I was guessing.

22Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:30 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"But still. Let's take the leap into screen name respectibility." Said the twenty four year old called Thundermatts. Sure he was dashing, funny and sweet, but Thundermatts? Rhyming is not that funny. If it ever is.

23Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:45 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:Hells yeah, but only in fourth fifth and sixth grade, Seventh grade I went to a Catholic school and it filled me with a hatred of both Jesus, and school. When I went public again, I never applied myself and coasted on not doing work but doing well on tests.

I was in from 6th to 12th. I'll have some stories to tell on this week's PoP!-Cast.

Foxy wrote:
These, plus my dad is a geek. I was raised on Star Trek and adventure/fantasy films and books which fueled my imagination.

Fathers, let your daughters grow up to be geeks.

(._Y_.) wrote:

I just created tears Sad

SNAP!

potatojoe wrote:
I was in a forth grade reading class in the first grade. I was picked on so much, that I purposely failed so I could be taken out of the class.

Horrible story!

24Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:49 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

Why are you creative? Johnmayersing

25Why are you creative? Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Why are you creative? Johnmayersing

Is that a John Mayer song?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum