Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are you creative?

+14
Airwolf
FroZen
Joshua
Sci-Fi
Administrator
superdoug
Ska
potatojoe
Foxy
(._Y_.)
Esbat
BlueMaxx
Silent K
Thundermatts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:53 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

sort of. it was reaching, I admit.

27Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:35 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:On that same note, were any of The PoP!ulation in any Gifted programs in school?

I was! My school had it for 1st-5th grades. I was an evil child in kindergarten. I got into fights all the time, and would pull people's hair, and I also enjoyed pushing the stall doors open on people in the bathroom and then running out, lol. My mom was the head room mother and everybody liked my mom, but nobody liked me. It got to the point where my teacher sent this index card home with me every Friday. It had columns labeled Monday-Friday. If I was good that day, I got a sticker in that column, but if I was bad, I got a frown in red ink. If I got stickers every day of the week, I got a big bonus sticker.

Then one day, I remember a lady came to class and pulled me out into the hallway and started asking me a bunch of questions. She said "it's okay if you don't know the answer, just say you don't know." So I answered all of her super easy questions. Then in 1st grade they put me in the gifted program. Years later, my mom explained to me that they said I was acting out because I was bored and wanted to move me up a grade. My mom didn't think that was right putting me with older kids, so they put me in the gifted thing. We basically did extra work, and my effort went into doing the work, plus complaining about it.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

28Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:46 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:On that same note, were any of The PoP!ulation in any Gifted programs in school?
Si, Senor! Because of the sheer amount of kids that spoke only spanish, I was sequestered away into gifted and talented programs because I just spoke english. Thats how I got permission to skip going to the playground during recess and madefor the library. I developed my brain out of survival from spanish speaking bullies.

I AM NOT A PENDEJO!

(._Y_.) wrote:because I create things.
Like a god but with nipples!

http://realityfugitives.com/

29Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:28 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was raised by theater people, so creativity and fun were a large part of growing up for me. My grandparents and mother instilled a deep love of reading that has served to fuel a well-active imagination. From what I gather talking to others, the games of make-believe I would play with my friends and little sister were a lot more intricate than they ought to have been. (One game we would play was 'art gallery', where one person was the gallery owner and one was a buyer, and everyone else was a painting that the buyer had to guess, and if he guessed it, then the entire game shifted to the setting of that painting. It was pretty damned awesome and complex for fourth and fifth graders. Laughing )

My mother and her brother are both artists, and I've got some of that talent, even though I never attended a formal art class. I also took three years of choir and did my own time on the stage...I was just drawn to it from a very early age.

So maybe it's just genetics.

30Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:53 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

At age 3 I was kidnapped by aliens and was granted an improved sense of creativity. They said I'll grow up to be the greatest writer ever. Or was it "big as a freighter"? Never mind. Their spacecraft exploded on launching anyway after I cut their oil pipe.

Another version would be my fucked up life forcing my little brain to create a dark, violent, fantasizing corner. My mom was sick since I can remember myself and eventually died when I was 9. My father was mostly a sad shell of his old self ever since and he passed away too when I was 19. My little brother was born with disabilities due to my mother's disease. My grandparents died when I was a little kid and me and my brother actually found my grandpa's corpse. I know all too well what poverty means. I was never a socialized person, until I grew up and had to become independent, but it still affects me to this day. I could go on and on, but anyway, fantasy seemed to always be my escape. I know it's a cliche, but that's the truth. I always found comfort in movies, books and TV and later in comic books - even when they resembled my own life.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

31Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I like to think my ability to be creative, at least in writing came from reading a lot over the years. That and the film Underworld initially inspiring me to write my own Werewolf story.

32Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yep, though sometimes I felt like I was just playing a magnificent trick on everyone.

As far as being creatively inclined goes, for me I was always an imaginitive child. I had an older brother who I played with, but he spent seven hours a day at school while I was at home, so I had a lot of time to play by myself. I think kids who grew up with 80s cartoons also tend to be more creatively inclined than generations before them. We were poor, so I didn't have a lot of toys, so my imagination had to get me through my early years. I also drew all of the time, up until high school where I turned my creative juices on music. As for working on movies, I'm just a big fan of movies and I enjoy the editing process, so it's only natural to put the two together. If I have to work, I may as well try to do something I love.

33Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:54 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When I was in grade school I won a scholarship to a summer school at the local Community College that taught comic book creation. I was in sixth or seventh grade. All through high school I was seperated from the rest of my art class due to the fact that the teacher couldn't teach me anything. I was basiclly given the freedom to create whatever I wanted.

Thinking back on it, being treated like that in art class is probably why I never went to college..that and I fell in love. wub

34Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh...and as far as why I'm creative...natural talent Baby!! I've been able to draw since I can remember (my mother still has a drawing of stick figures that I drew when I was like two years old). Later on in life it turned out that almost anything I set my mind to I could do and do very well. So far I've learned that I can draw, paint, sculpt, sing, act, dance (until I broke my leg) and write stuff like poetry and lyrics (and the occasional short story when I was younger...writing doesn't really get my rocks off).

So there you go. Wow, typing all of that and realizing that I work in retail for a living just made me really depressed. Thanks Matt, for making me realize I'm a total fuck up and a waste of skin!!

Bastard!

angry

hmm

Sad

Crying or Very sad

35Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:33 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Man reading Ska's thing about Kindegatren reminds me of the fact that halfway through the year my kindegarten teacher killed herself. And no, it wasn't my fault. I was actually an awesomely behaved little kid. I became a shit in my teenage years.

And Frozen honestly has blown me away with what work of his I've seen, and could very easily do what he wants to do for a living.

Sadly, Esbat, there is no one who will pay you to dry hump girls in cat costumes.

36Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Re-reading my list of skills... I'd have made one helluva gay guy!! Laughing

37Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Awesome to hear so many of you were "Gifted". It was a notion brought up by one of my high school friends this past weekend...about finding out that people you know are "Gifted" too....it all makes sense.

38Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I drink pee!

39Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:21 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I drink pee!
I once got duped into drinking pee. Never again.

40Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:21 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, drink this. It uh, isn't pee. *Holds out cup full of pee*

41Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

my competitiveness gets me all the time - each target must be killed in the most creative way - be it homework during school or a gundam kit for a competition

that and i like drawing hot naken female models

yeah yeah - take it off - allllll of it - yeah jst like that O_O *draws

my grandfather bought me a ton of transformers toys when i was a kid and always loved robots, computers, art, comics and media

my fuel is some premium gundams <3

42Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Asians LOVE Robots.

It's science.

43Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also, math

44Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:01 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, but I did skip preschool and kindergarten to go into first grade at the age of 4 1/2. And I had to take speech therapy for stutter and lisp (no kid should have to go through elementary school sounding like the love child of Porky and Daffy).

But no gifted programs. The school librarian, however, fed my voracious reading habits by directing me to the best stuff on the shelves. She would even let me come over to her house and borrow her private books.

45Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like to write Always have always will.

Sorry no big bigger story behind that I just do

46Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

superdoug wrote:
The school librarian, however, fed my voracious reading habits by directing me to the best stuff on the shelves. She would even let me come over to her house and borrow her private books.

SEXY!

47Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:07 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

....lucky bastard... Laughing

48Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:13 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

No, but I did skip preschool and kindergarten to go into first grade at the age of 4 1/2. And I had to take speech therapy for stutter and lisp (no kid should have to go through elementary school sounding like the love child of Porky and Daffy).

In the fifth grade I had to go take a speech class. I don't remember why exactly (it could've been my terrible southern drawl)but was outta there in a matter of months. Turns out years later while recording a demo at Pogo studios the sound guy pointed out that I do have a slight speech impediment. I have a hiss when I pronounce my "S". Funny thing is no one ever noticed until I was recorded singing. Oh well. Doug's story reminded me of that.

49Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I blame it squarely on my dad and my uncle (my mom's brother). My dad because he always loved cartoons and would watch alot of them with us and he read the Hobbit to me when I was 6 or 7 and got me hooked on fantasy as well. That and I think he started buying my brothers and I He-Man figures for our birthdays and christmas because A) he thought the toys were cool and B) there were enough figures that he didn't need to worry about thinking up gift ideas for years to come.

My uncle was trained as a classical artist and painted one of the rooms in my parents house when he was staying with them. One wall had Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice, another wall had Frodo meeting Galadriel (thought that was only half the wall, I can't remember what the other half was) and a third wall was an unfinished scene from Seasame Street (some of the background wasn't finished and Grover only had stump arms and no eyes, but it was still cool). He later went on to work as a comic book colorist for a few different companies (though Comico and Marvel are the only ones I can remember right now) and would give my siblings and I comics almost every month.

50Why are you creative? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are you creative? Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:26 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

My dad,he grew up in the best years of comics and watching Spider man and his Amazing friends on Saturdays. As a infant the only way they could potty train me was by giving me a comic. After putting my doo doo hands all over my dads collection he decided to take me to shops and cons to pick through the 25 cent bins to have my own. Once I was able to read ,It just took off for me. After comics my dad would introduce me to movies like Reservoir dogs , Big Trouble in Little China, The Crow ,Bruce Lee movies ,The Warriors and Berry Gorden's Last Dragon. I bring up these movies because A) Most parents would not show these movies to their kids and B) My friends had know clue these movies exist but I felt ahead of the generation watching great movies that know one knew about.

I was a kid with all kinds of creative juices starting. I would write script after script and I wanted to direct as well. The teen years began and I felt dumb as rocks . I hated history and Math and so what did I do, I never showed up. I am shocked I even graduated . All my Art classes I would never miss. I would go on to win several awards in ceramics, drawing and story telling. At the same time if wasn't succeeding in the other classes in school, no on cared about the other achievements. To be honest the other classes just bored me. The drama club would beg me to act or help write plays (I wish I did0 but most of the drama kids were "weird" and I just thought I would look lame to my "cool" friends but I had other avenues to get my creativeness on with them. After school I would film movies with my friends ,if that was my homework I would been set. I never knew the answers but I could name all the Power Rangers, I became the guy that knew everything about nothing.

So I just ignored everything and kept ditching classes, reading comics and going to the new movie releases every weekend. Yeah, look at me now! I am still working on My career and dead broke!
Stay in school kids

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum