Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: Unseen

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Batman: Unseen Empty Batman: Unseen Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:24 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Things that have been seen cannot be unseen. Just finish, or rather started Batman: Unseen #1, and just knew I was going to drop it right from the first page.

For starters, with a tagline of "A Lost Tale of Bruce Wayne as Batman", I knew this was going to be a bumpy ride. And how.

The art was amaturish. The kind you'd see at an Artist Alley at some backwoods fleamarket con. The writing wasn't much better. On the DC site, it's being hyped as "The fan-favorite Bat-team of Doug Moench and Kelley Jones". By what fans?!

I didn't even finish reading the issue. I just couldn't. This has to be single handedly, the worst comic I've ever read. Don't believe me? Just give it a whirl.

2Batman: Unseen Empty Re: Batman: Unseen Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

As much as I loved reading the Moench and Jones Batman comics back in the day, I've usually found that reuniting creative teams from the 80s or 90s to tell times past stories isn't what its cracked up to be. Comics have changed quite a bit in just 20 years and some of these guys haven't realized that.

3Batman: Unseen Empty Re: Batman: Unseen Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:21 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

That's it exactly. This looked like a comic from the 70s or 80s, just on glossy paper.

4Batman: Unseen Empty Re: Batman: Unseen Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

This... was less than enjoyable. =D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum