Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies

+8
DickGrayson007
flux336
Sandman
Foxy
Rath99
Debaser77
goatt
Silent K
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=13902

2PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:19 am

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

my list would have to be: The Shining ( i dont care if its over-done its still my favorite), Christine, Misery, IT, Storm of the Century, and then Shawshank. and as a side note, according to IMDB "From a Buick 8" and "the Dark Tower" are both in production. freakin stoked.

3PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:38 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Misery was another I left off the list intentionally because it was too easy (I figured Carrie was enough of a biggin' to cover).

Also, I considered it, yet didn't include it, but I LOVED Sleepwalkers.

4PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I am so down for a Dark Tower movie.

5PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with goatt. Shinning is at the top. Followed closely by Shawshank

6PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:47 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Shawshank is one of the best movies of the past 20 years.

7PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Secret Window was pretty fun. It's creepy and it has Depp.

http://www.foxyart.net

8PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:15 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I am so down for a Dark Tower movie.

I am kinda worried about it though. I would LOVE to see it, but some of his books do not translate well to movies. I think I would prefure an animated version of it that includes EVERYTHING.

9PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:26 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

Foxy wrote:Secret Window was pretty fun. It's creepy and it has Depp.

Mmm...Depp. wub

I mean, I really enjoyed Secret Window too. Laughing I actually went to the movie theatre to see that one.

10PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:20 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

The Mist and Secret Window were great.

11PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Liked the list, Knize. Never knew Running Man was a King adaptation. Hrm.

Now, on to what I would have put (YOU KNOW YOU CARE! angry Laughing )
I'd have a made a Stephen-King-movies list that consisted of lesser-known adaptations: Thinner, Silverbullet, Christine, Apt Pupil, Needful Things, and Firestarter (The other Carrie. :P). Honorable mentions to 1408 and Maximum Overdrive (The toy truck with the Green Goblin head was the leader of the semis. Very Happy ).

Oh, and Secret Window was neat. I especially liked it because I believe it was the first and only horror movie that I've watched with my mom. Which she was terrified, but I think she liked it. The shovel scene made her ask what exactly what we were watching. Many awkward moments/reactions that afternoon when she had rented it. (I think she rented it because of Johnny Depp.) Heh.

12PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:34 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Shawashank Redemption is on my top 5 and Misery is incredible if only for Kathy Bates' performance and the hammer scene.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

13PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:17 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I STILL have never watched It... someday,someday.

One of my favorites is Christine.

14PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

No love for Stand By Me? The end of that one just about makes me tear up every time.

15PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Nymn wrote:No love for Stand By Me? The end of that one just about makes me tear up every time.

Also, two other exceptions from the list that might cause an uproar, Stand by Me, due to it’s less-than-scary nature, and The Shining, because, well, it’s too easy, and frankly, Stanley Kubrick owes me 3 hours of my life back for Eyes Wide Shut.

16PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I meant leaving it off the top six list!

17PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I explained myself, did I not? Stand By Me is a great flick. Much love. But it didn't fit well with our Halloween theme.

The same could be said for Running Man...but get off my back! tongue

18PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:47 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Silent K wrote:I explained myself, did I not? Stand By Me is a great flick. Much love. But it didn't fit well with our Halloween theme.

The same could be said for Running Man...but get off my back! tongue

Darn it! I was all ready to point out Running Man not fitting in with the rest, too!

19PoP! Top 6-Pack:  Stephen King Movies Empty Re: PoP! Top 6-Pack: Stephen King Movies Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:27 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

So I finally watched Shawshank tonight.

Great flick....but not very scary.

tongue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum