Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Booster Gold

+13
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Jherek
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Administrator
Spider_Fan14
jaydee74
Metal Misfit
riv1
BlueMaxx
rwe1138
shining knight
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:alas, i have no ring Sad

I thought the issue was good but it did seem something to get new readers on to me. I really liked the eulogy parts and did Jurgens change his art for the Blue Beetle segments? i felt like there was a change in style.

Probably because those were drawn by Mike Norton.
I know this isn't the thread, but I thought for sure that they were going to make Blue Beetle's this antithesis of Green Lanterns. In a different sense than the Yellow Lanterns already were.

52Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I had to get an orange. Had too. This being my first Booster Gold issue, I really liked it. I'm looking forward to the next ish
It, oddly, does seem like a good jumping-on point, considering it is/was Booster Gold's title's only weakness before.

Thoroughly enjoyed Ted's return, the flashback to the funeral, even Daniel and Rose's part. Very cool that they've combined an main story and backstory to have Booster and Jaime battling friend and predecessor.

53Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
I know this isn't the thread, but I thought for sure that they were going to make Blue Beetle's this antithesis of Green Lanterns. In a different sense than the Yellow Lanterns already were.
what?

54Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ In Jaime Reyes' series, it really seemed like they'd become the opposite of GL's, in the sense that they send pods to different sectors to infest them by conquering.

55Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:07 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#26 was great. I really like how Booster wasn't that hesitant about dealing with BL Ted like so many other of the heroes have been when dealing with the BLs. And that last page is gonna set up some interesting things down the road.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

56Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#26 was great. I really like how Booster wasn't that hesitant about dealing with BL Ted like so many other of the heroes have been when dealing with the BLs. And that last page is gonna set up some interesting things down the road.
probobly since all the time travel from way back and he was with the real Ted, not just an evil copy.

57Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:19 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I really enjoyed this issue. I'll give it a really solid 3.5/5...I wasn't too keen on the buildup with the re-funeral last issue (felt like Identity Crisis all over again)...but this was an improvement. Certainly one of the better Blackest Night tie-in's along with last week's Wonder Woman. Yup.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

58Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read #27 and i felt it was good but not great. I think Jurgen's art was abit off in pages 15 on. The Re-Funeral was cool and it was great that Booster finally got to say the eulogy for Beetle he nwver wanted to say. Sometimes i don't like the way Jurgens set ups the art in the panels but thats just a personal thing.

59Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:19 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Looks like Jurgens is being taken off the book. Sad

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

60Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:Looks like Jurgens is being taken off the book. Sad
might be temporary like when Jerry whatshisface and other fill-ins where on the book. Hopefully.

61Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I think he does a fine, if unspectacular, job as the writer, but I really hope he stays around as artist or at least finds steady work elsewhere with DC. He's one of my favorite artists of all time.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

62Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#27. Skeets rocks! He confirms what everyone else has been saying about the Black Lanterns not being who they reanimate. I just realized that, after seeing what seems like the final funural for Ted Kord, I haven't seemed to get bored with the constant "Ted this and Ted that." They were best friends and Jurgens does a convincing job of that.

Didn't know Jurgens was getting taken off the title. That's sad. Hopefully Jaime will now be a full part of the book, traveling along with Booster and Skeets. One pet-peeve of the title right now. It combined the co-feature, Blue Beetle, with Booster Gold's main story, right? Well, it seems to have left some pages off this issue, which, to me, seems like DC pulled a fast, being that the price is still frickin' $3.99. dry

Rip's Chalkboard
"Beware the Creeper?" (My favorite.)
"WHEN?" (Not sure what this pertains to. Creeper?)
"Time of the Time Trapper!"
"The Henshaw Directive = Elimination." (Which remind me, can anyone clue me in on the possible continuity that was happening with that last page of this issue? I know it has to do with Cyborg Superman, but what?)

Oh, and the Halloween party on the last page, the guy as Booster Gold's #1 Fan, Blair Butler had me rollin'! Loved the girl as a classic Killer Moth or a Killer Moth henchwoman. Why does the girl as Donna Troy have a cracked face? huh

So many question, I know. But you can help me, you'll be alright in my book. Smile

63Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:08 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

BlueMaxx wrote:(Which remind me, can anyone clue me in on the possible continuity that was happening with that last page of this issue? I know it has to do with Cyborg Superman, but what?)

It looks like Michelle travelled back in time, and is moving to Coast City just before it's destroyed by Henshaw during the Reign of the Supermen storyline.

64Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Aw, snap. How did I not notice that. Brain-fart with the name, I guess. But ya, makes sense that she wanted to start over. And if she dies during that onslaught...the time paradox would just rip things to pieces, I imagine.

65Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:

Oh, and the Halloween party on the last page, the guy as Booster Gold's #1 Fan, Blair Butler had me rollin'! Loved the girl as a classic Killer Moth or a Killer Moth henchwoman. Why does the girl as Donna Troy have a cracked face? huh

So many question, I know. But you can help me, you'll be alright in my book. Smile
that's probobly a reference to the infection of the Black Lanterns when her BL son Robbie bit her in BN: Teen Titans mini #2.

66Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oooh, okay. Did not know she had a son. What the heck is with DC and giving superheroines children but then "erasing" them?

67Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:00 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Oooh, okay. Did not know she had a son. What the heck is with DC and giving superheroines children but then "erasing" them?
that crapfest of not allowing the characters age much but making dozens of new young characters that seem to defeat the purpose of not aging.

also she had a kid back in Teen Titans #90-92 in '92 i think the Titans Tower website wasn't as clear on it.

68Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:10 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hrm. That's odd. Power Girl has a child somewhere or somewhen, Helena Wayne was erased, Wonder Woman has had many writers make her have a child, whether in a dream sequence or what-have-you. They can all be pushed under the rug because of Crises, but still.

69Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#28 was good. It's interesting that Booster & Michelle are interacting with the same character, but at different points in time.

Oh, and if you hadn't heard yet,

Spoiler:

70Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:46 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought #28 was okay. I just haven't been loving the book lately. The BN tie in was pretty good, but I don't know. I love Booster Gold, but I'm very close to dropping the book.

71Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:57 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BG #28

Something keeps me coming back. Once again--and I really am hoping this is the last time!--Booster's origin is flashed back. I understand this is all part of the grander scheme, all part of the time-traveling process. But it's all starting to look mundane. I don't know if it's the art, the humor (Skeets as your Jiminy Cricket!), or the oddity of it all, but I can't seem to drop this book. I feel like I've put too much stock into it already. I do like the story, I don't mind the backup (it was excellent 'til it--like the front story--began telling backstory again), and I'm interested in seeing how Booster deals with the conclusion to arguably DC's most famous storyline of all time, The Death of..., in The Return of Superman. Since I just read that humongous paperback--and these two titles had the same creator involved--this arc has me seemingly engaged. I just pray that this title at some point takes a risk and avoids being pigeonholed as an "almost."

3/5 - It's a book you read, you like but know isn't that great. What else can I say.

72Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blair probably had another nerdgasm when she was mentioned in this ish for a reality show with Booster by a paparazzi. The BG story didn't feel like it went anywhere. I mean, even the minute threat of stopping the mission of the FF...err...Hank Henshaw's wouldn't have worked in the first place. She just disappeared. (Me thinks there may be a reason for that, like Henshaw assimilating the time machine that is 73 years in the future, but that is to be found out later.)

Jaime...knew that was going to happen sooner or later. He's becoming an even more diverse and likeable character than before. This should be good. 'Specially now that Peacemaker(?) has shown up.

73Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:45 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Not sure whether to drop this book or not, I don't really care for the premise of next week's issue.

What do you think BlueMaxx?

74Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Well, as much as I could care less about Cyborg Superman, it still could go somewhere neat with the first time travel retreival experiment thingy in play. And Jaime took quite an interesting turn with his upload of the Reach program. I didn't hate the story, but felt it could've been more. I'll stick with it. Jurgens is alright in my book, and I'm gonna allow him this second, tiny bump with the title.

75Booster Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:42 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#29 was okay, but seemed slow to me. Not much really happened.

And I'm sad to see Jaime's back-up ending. Paco & Brenda's conversation about comics was great, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum