Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Booster Gold

+13
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Jherek
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Administrator
Spider_Fan14
jaydee74
Metal Misfit
riv1
BlueMaxx
rwe1138
shining knight
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, #29 felt like more setup for the big moment in this arc. So while this issue isn't going to blow your mind, I personally am curious to see what's going to happen with Coast City and Hank Henshaw

77Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:09 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

LordD3r3k wrote:Yeah, #29 felt like more setup for the big moment in this arc. So while this issue isn't going to blow your mind, I personally am curious to see what's going to happen with Coast City and Hank Henshaw

and to quote The Pharcyde....DrrrrrrrrrrrOOOOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!EDDD!!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

78Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:35 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:and to quote The Pharcyde....DrrrrrrrrrrrOOOOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!EDDD!!

Laughing It's not a bad read, but it's not exactly at the top of the pull list either, if you know what I mean

79Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:49 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yup. im slowly starting to get rid of my "bottom of the punch list" books, though it still proves very difficult...some recent casualties are Nova, Booster Gold, Doc Voodoo (gone next week), Inc. Hercules (gone next week and then the one-shot), JLA, and basically anything related to Superman this side of Secret Origins...

80Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:53 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:yup. im slowly starting to get rid of my "bottom of the punch list" books, though it still proves very difficult...some recent casualties are Nova, Booster Gold, Doc Voodoo (gone next week), Inc. Hercules (gone next week and then the one-shot), JLA, and basically anything related to Superman this side of Secret Origins...

Are you going to check out the Superman war (I forget what the title is supposed to be)

81Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

War of Supermen? Well unfortunately I pulled that 3-issue mini called "The Last Stand of New Krypton" or something coming out soon but after the horrendous quality of the the Supes books lately I might just put it back on the stands when my LCS vendor isn't looking.

82Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#29 was okay, but seemed slow to me. Not much really happened.

And I'm sad to see Jaime's back-up ending. Paco & Brenda's conversation about comics was great, though.
It did feel slow. Like the last one. But it had an excuse. Want it to get to the point, although I did like the back-and-forth about what is ethical when you have access to time-travel.

End o'Blue Beetle? Sad That made me said. Didn't know until I read Paco talking to Brenda about what he was reading on the screen and the way the story ended that it hit me before that farewell by the creator-team.

Booster reverts back to $3. That's not all bad, I guess.

83Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#30 was decent.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

84Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I think it says it all that this thread has become a discussion of which books we're gonna drop. I'm gone (reluctantly and I'll be back to check out Giffen)

85Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:21 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

What is the big deal with Giffen?

I have the early Annihilation oversized hardcovers, but even that event wasn't too special 'til DnA came around. Okay, so it was pretty good.

But I keep hearing about Keith Giffen and how he's such a fan favorite. Didn't some of his recent titles fail miserably?

86Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

LOOSECANNON wrote:What is the big deal with Giffen?

I have the early Annihilation oversized hardcovers, but even that event wasn't too special 'til DnA came around. Okay, so it was pretty good.

But I keep hearing about Keith Giffen and how he's such a fan favorite. Didn't some of his recent titles fail miserably?

I dunno, I just like his style. He can be erratic quality wise though but on a good day he balances humour and fanboy level knowledge to create a heady mix of smart ass and kick ass. He seems like a good choice for Booster.

87Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:07 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ He wrote Booster pretty well earlier in the run. I'm fine with the current writings. I'm definitely going to enjoy Justice League: Generation Lost crossings, which seems to be the next arc for Booster.

Issue 30 had some moments. Glad to see that Skeets had to go amoral and solidify the timeline. Felt too fast-paced, but the twist was nice. I'm not sure I had anyone in mind of who had that laser-vision. Cyclops popped in my head, even knowing that that was wrong. tongue

88Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#31 was a nice emotional send-off for Jurgens. It should be interesting to see where Giffen & DeMattis take the book.

And did I miss something, or is this the first mention of a new Time Masters series?

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

89Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looks like Rip is going to be involved with the Return of Bruce Wayne. Makes sense from a time traveling angle.

90Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read #31 today, not too bad an issue. I'm really interested in the Giffen run coming up (Anyone else hear any new stuff about the supposed "Time Masters" series teased in the ish?).

91Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon May 10, 2010 11:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#31 was a nice emotional send-off for Jurgens. It should be interesting to see where Giffen & DeMattis take the book.

And did I miss something, or is this the first mention of a new Time Masters series?
Enjoyed this. Like you said, very nice "last" ish from Dan.

I'm still up in the air with whether I want to get Return of Bruce Wayne and Time Masters. I'd only really be interested in following Rip, because you know Morrison is going to go batty with Bats and time travel. I'll put them off for back-issuing.

Oh, and totally noticed the two guys in the park. I guessed villains, then I guessed Rip and maybe Batman...was wrong. Heh.

92Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu May 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought issue #32 was decent. I dropped this book a few issues ago (it wasn't that I hated it, but I was trying to cut back), but since it's a new creative team, and because of Justice League: Generation Lost, I decided to come back, at least for a bit.

93Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri May 14, 2010 9:17 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#32 wasn't bad, but Giffen is too damn wordy. I think his delivery really weighs down his titles and sucks the excitement out of it. Even scenes that are meant to be action backed are brought to a halt because you spend 5 minutes reading 2 panels. It's a shame, but I'm really struggling to enjoy his work lately.

And now he's writing 3 titles that I pick up, how the hell did that happen?!

94Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Sat May 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Giffen's first ish was kinda meh to me. I don't like the artist.

95Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Mon May 31, 2010 10:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it. The smartassery is fitting. Skeets was off, but the rest was alright.

96Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Booster Gold #33

Meh. It wasn't horrible, but it felt really dated. The way Booster was recapping the events of Justice League: Generation Lost was one of the things that made if feel so dated. Skeets was there!! That type of exposition is just not good in today's comics. This is why DC needs to start doing recap pages.

The only part of the book I actually kinda liked was Booster's interaction with J'onn.

Booster's plan to bring back evidence of Max's existence seems flawed. It's been shown in Generation Lost that whenever confronted with evidence of Max's existence the people who don't remember Max don't see the evidence for what it is. Why then is Booster doing this?

I'm thinking about dropping this book again. I love Booster, but this book is just meh.

97Booster Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: Booster Gold Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Didn't like this as much as I wanted to. Giffen on an off day. Too many words, too much exposition not enough funny gags or plot. What plot there was just tied into Generation Lost. I need my Booster to be an antidote to the mainstream DCU not a sales pitch for it. Giffen seems to have dumped Booster's 'Best Hero you've never heard of' persona and turned him back into a needy jerk. This book should be more like Ambush Bug meets Quantum Leap and less like Knight Rider meets Who's Who in the DCU.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum