Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batgirl

+10
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Kupocat
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Batman25JM
superdoug
jaydee74
Ben Akers
Esbat
Metal Misfit
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Batgirl Empty Batgirl Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:32 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Anyone else reading this? I like it and I'm looking forward to seeing Barbara play the mentor role. We just need to get that classic Batgirl costume back!

I'm thinking this Brian Q. Miller guy has some potential, I liked his work on Titans #18 as well.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

2Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:24 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ditto, i've dug stephanie for awhile now so this is a cool move.

http://realityfugitives.com/

3Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'm thinking this Brian Q. Miller guy has some potential, I liked his work on Titans #18 as well.

I liked the episode of Smallville he wrote this season too. I'm interested to see him do more work in the DCU.

4Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:20 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've skimmed the issues so far and may collect it in trade. I like the Stephanie/Barbara relationship. Somehow it reminds me of the Bruce Wayne/Terry McGuinnes relationship in Batman Beyond. I also like her Batgirl costume. Much more than Cassie Cain's.

5Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:49 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I've skimmed the issues so far and may collect it in trade. I like the Stephanie/Barbara relationship. Somehow it reminds me of the Bruce Wayne/Terry McGuinnes relationship in Batman Beyond. I also like her Batgirl costume. Much more than Cassie Cain's.
I agree, its got a BB vibe to it, nail on the head there J to the D.

6Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:31 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While not a fan of Stephanie Brown, I grudgingly admit that I -am- becoming a fan of this series. I would have preferred that it was Bette Kane taking up the mantle, but I guess she's destined to never get the attention her character deserves. Sad

7Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:While not a fan of Stephanie Brown, I grudgingly admit that I -am- becoming a fan of this series. I would have preferred that it was Bette Kane taking up the mantle, but I guess she's destined to never get the attention her character deserves. Sad
Boo, Bette... yay, Steph!

Blondes have more fun... in my pants.

8Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:

Bette is a blonde, you yutz. tongue

9Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Esbat wrote:

Bette is a blonde, you yutz. tongue

Post-Crisis, she is the cousin of current Batwoman Kate Kane, indicating that a revamped Kathy Kane may be that heroine's mother. In Detective Comics #856, Bette moves to Gotham City to enroll in Gotham University. It has been announced that Bette will be figuring prominently as a supporting character in Detective Comics, although probably not in her Flamebird persona.
- wikipedia

10Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:48 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

She's still a blonde, though!

And I don't want to have to add another title to my damned pull list...why can't she be in the Batgirl title? That would be very appropriate, and she could easily be in both titles.

11Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:She's still a blonde, though!

And I don't want to have to add another title to my damned pull list...why can't she be in the Batgirl title? That would be very appropriate, and she could easily be in both titles.
Hey both Steph and Bette are in the same college.

Oh and you stay on the Supergirl side of the DCU, sirrah. I called dibs on Steph a long time ago she's a milf.

12Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:56 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Excuse me...but I've been in love with Barbara Gordon since before I knew I liked boys, so I love me some World's Finest Females. Wink

13Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:Excuse me...but I've been in love with Barbara Gordon since before I knew I liked boys, so I love me some World's Finest Females. Wink
I said I claimed Steph, dammit! And I put a strikethrough. A strikethrough is the internet's way of repeating yourself in a mumbling manner! Wink

14Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm loving the new Batgirl book.

I've loved Stephanie from the first time I read a story featuring her.

I love the new Batgirl costume.

This book has the feel that the Robin book had (especially the Adam Beechen stuff) and I LOVED that book, so I'm thrilled with this book.

Ben Akers wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I liked the episode of Smallville he wrote this season too. I'm interested to see him do more work in the DCU.

What episode did he write?

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What ever happened to Cassie? i liked her like i liked Tim Drake; they much more resound to me more then the other ones.

16Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like it!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

17Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:38 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Spider_Fan14 wrote:What ever happened to Cassie? i liked her like i liked Tim Drake; they much more resound to me more then the other ones.

From what I understood, she quit. Not sure of the story behind it though.

18Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:20 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From what I understood, Cassandra quit but I remember hearing something about her coming back in a new way. Not sure what that means or even if that is 100% accurate, but hopefully she'll come back in a interesting way would be cool. I like Bette Kane simply because I like silver age fun. I hope they use her for something even if she's not Batgirl. I mean, I don't mind that she's not Batgirl as she hasn't been Batgirl for decades and I would imagine that even though she is technically the very first BatGIRL, in continuity, she probably was never Batgirl. If they do something with her though, that would be cool. I like Stephanie as Batgirl and I am curious to see what they do with her in the role.

19Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:59 am

Kupocat

Kupocat
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I picked up the first couple of issues, but it really didn't stick for me for whatever reason. I'll probably get it later on, possibly in tpb, but not in singles.

20Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kupocat wrote:I picked up the first couple of issues, but it really didn't stick for me for whatever reason. I'll probably get it later on, possibly in tpb, but not in singles.
That's what I'm going to do as well. I've read the issues at my LCS but haven't bought them.

21Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:04 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

jaydee74 wrote:
That's what I'm going to do as well. I've read the issues at my LCS but haven't bought them.

Laughing I was going to say something, but I don't want to damage my glass house!

22Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Laughing I was going to say something, but I don't want to damage my glass house!

What can I say? I go to a cool comic book store that allows you to do that.

23Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:16 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #4

Loved it, just loved it. This is already one of my favorite DC books. Love the new costume, and love dynamic between Steph and Babs.

24Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #5

***Spoilers***

I can't believe they Ted Korded Stephanie. I was quite shocked by that ending.

I'm LOVING this book. It is definitely one of my favorite books on the shelves. I keep saying it, but it reminds me of the old Robin series and that's a big compliment.

I just LOVED Damian in this issue. Miller writes a great Damian. I loved when the guy (I can't think of his name) says that he'll talk to Steph when she loses the creepy Omen kid, and then the next panel Damian's standing there like Damien (the Omen kid). I laughed SO hard.

25Batgirl Empty Re: Batgirl Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:13 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I'm really digging the book.

But in the new issue, Dick really came off as...no pun intended...a total dick. His becoming more like Bruce every issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum