Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

My God. Christmas is coming. I hate Christmas.

+13
Rath99
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
shining knight
blue halo
Thundermatts
Hannibal king
Spider_Fan14
Ska
Joshua
ChrisToPhenom
BlueMaxx
riv1
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The foundation of gift giving is reciprocity. You don't gifts, you give obligations. The essence of the custom is that a person now has to go out and purchase a gift of commensurate value and representing the same perceived level of friendship as that represented by the gift he's been given. It's no wonder suicide rates skyrocket this time of year. Still, in my case I bring it on myself by being such an endearing and important part of people's lives...My God. Christmas is coming. I hate Christmas. Bore

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hear you. Christmas is so silly. I'm always concerned about getting people gifts, and, not to sound whiny, but a lot of the times it feels I try a good deal to get them the best I can from what they want. But when it comes to my gift, it was like a second thought. Sad Laughing Kind joking.

Also, the whole Christmas time suicide thing is a fallacy. The middle of summer is the most common suicide time, oddly. It is when people are feeling and/or being lonely when everyone else is on vacation, out doing things, while Sadie McMelancholy is at home.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ah, well...

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While not the biggest fan of the show, that was a cute episode of The Big Bang Theory.

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.nowpublic.com/health/suicide-rates-rise-during-christmas-season-true-or-false

I would like Christmas a lot better if it weren't for my job. Retail is the absolute worst during the Christmas season. You don't get too much of a chance to actually enjoy the season when you're working the whole time. Then you have the grumpy shoppers who do their best to piss you off, after all it's absolutely your fault that you don't have that John Denver CD in stock. I'm at least happy that I don't work for Blockbuster anymore. They're open 365 a year. Yes, I worked on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:While not the biggest fan of the show, that was a cute episode of The Big Bang Theory.
Hm?

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Joshua wrote:While not the biggest fan of the show, that was a cute episode of The Big Bang Theory.
Hm?
Sheldon rules.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh! I'm such a dumba$$ for this one-I love The Big Bang Theory and I forgot about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhHTdDqoBc

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:http://www.nowpublic.com/health/suicide-rates-rise-during-christmas-season-true-or-false

I would like Christmas a lot better if it weren't for my job. Retail is the absolute worst during the Christmas season. You don't get too much of a chance to actually enjoy the season when you're working the whole time. Then you have the grumpy shoppers who do their best to piss you off, after all it's absolutely your fault that you don't have that John Denver CD in stock. I'm at least happy that I don't work for Blockbuster anymore. They're open 365 a year. Yes, I worked on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.
Thanks for the validity-link, Ska. Wink

Also... Retail + Christmas = Super-Duper-Mega-Hell.

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Thanks for the validity-link, Ska. Wink

Also... Retail + Christmas = Super-Duper-Mega-Hell.

I think I want to invest in one of those black Santa Clause hats this year and wear it to work.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How is that an investment?

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:How is that an investment?

It's not, but it'll make me happy. I bet the Grinch worked retail at some point in his life. I don't blame him one bit.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, I see now. Your investment is to bring others down to your level and dimish their stupid Christmas Spirit. Wink You're becoming a wonderfully evil person. devil

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

At least Halloween is right around the corner. My kids and i are gonna be Jason & Sons.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah, thats my dad's absolute favorite episode of BBT solely for Sheldon at the end.

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I'm going to be hated on but I looooove X'mas. I just love the vibe and the feelings and memories that go with it.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love it too. Who hates Christmas? How sad is it that people hate presents, hanging with friends, and singing. Seriously, only losers hate Christmas.

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

This is why the only big gift buying we're doing is for me, my wife and our daughter. Too many other peoples to be buying bigger-ticket items. So far, all my wife wants is her Nightmare Before Christmas half-sleeve tatt that she started work on last week (just before Halloween) and will finish it just before Christmas. Rather fitting, the timing. Nice price tag of about $1200, so... WOOT for the big-screen TV!!!!

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I love it too. Who hates Christmas? How sad is it that people hate presents, hanging with friends, and singing. Seriously, only losers hate Christmas.
Heh.

Nah, it's too commercial. Once you're an actual grown up, it's about as big a headache as it is hanging with friends and singing.
Me, i like Halloween better. Fairly straightforward, and something me and the family can do together. Get into costume, go trick or treat, come home, give out candy to other trick or treaters.
Sheldon really IS a genius!

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Its the endless tv commercials and looping of songs in shops that piss me off.

If I hear slades merry christmas everyone once more I'll go on a killing spree

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As long as you wear a Santa hat, i'd have your back.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, you know, I worked at TRU during the Christmas season, and aside from developing a strong distaste for hearing "Sim-ply, ha-ving, a won-derful Christmastiiime", I loved being there, helping people make Christmas enjoyable.

I volunteered to be "Santa" for my nieces last year (they were visiting from NC), and while I don't have my own children, the feeling you get from the giving is so amazing, I sometimes wonder if I'm just a cliche.

If you hate the Christmas season, might I suggest volunteering at a Soup Kitchen or for the Salvation Army? You might renew what Christmas actually feels like to you.

But that fucking Paul McCartney song can suck my dick.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:But that fucking Paul McCartney song can suck my dick.
For some reason, this is the only part of your post i'm gonna remember a year from now! Laughing

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Christmas...well...most of it.

Shopping sucks, bell ringers outside the mall...suck, sloppy dirty snow pilling up in parking lots...sucks, crowds....suck, people putting on the plastic smiles just because "it's the season"....suck.

Classic Christmas shows that I grew up watching are on...Sweetness, The smell of pine sap from a freshly cut Christmas tree...sweetness, Hot Cocoa by the window while it snows...sweetness, Seeing family for the Holidays....sucks/sweetness( I was torn on that last one)
The look on your kids face when he tears open the wrapping paper to find that one special gift he wanted....Sweetness. Kissing under the mistletoe...sweetness.

you know what, come to think of it...screw you all....Halloween isn't even over yet!!

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

actually I never thought of this what christmas songs play in shops in america?

Are you stuck with the same shit (slade, wizard ect) or do you have your own personal hell there

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum