Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hulk (2003)

+9
Off_White_Lantern
Combo Mo
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
Debaser77
blue halo
Nymn
Sandman
BlueMaxx
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hulk (2003) Empty Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saw this on tv a second ago. Anyone else feel that it was good movie? Now, I mean movie, not adaptation.

I know many rip on Ang Lee for that film, but really, he didn't write it, he just directed. And he polished the hell out of that turd. There is only so much you can do with a script that has a radioactive poodle, and Ang Lee pulled through, considering. I remember disliking the hell out of the movie when I saw it in theatres, and most of my friends really liked it because it was the new superhero flick out. Then, as time passed, they jumped on the bandwagon of the dislike for it, and I changed my opinion after giving it a second viewing.

The cinematography, with the comic paneling, was great. Excluding of course the death of Talbot, which was kind of silly. Loved how it showed more going on than what a regular scene would allow, and that really added to the characters in each scene.

The acting was great from everyone. Connelly, Bana, Sam Elliot, and Josh Tobias played a great Talbot. Tobias's good at being pricks in movies, I find. Heh. Nick Nolte, considering his character didn't, in the movie's sense, exist in the books, he had the shining moments with his powerful dialogue. His character of Bruce's father combined (appropriate term) with Absorbing Man, and a sprinkle of Zzzax there at the final battle, was pretty hard to take in, I know. But it also paralleled Hulk/Banner being Man and Soul, while his father being Man and Matter, something that is limitless while simultaneously being limited, unlike Banner. Showing, at the end, the anomalus power of willpower, mind, and body.

Too pretentious? Ah well, fuck you. Wink

2Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

it sucked, but i do not think it was as bad as everyone lets on. i personally hated the screen in screen shots though

3Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Uhmmmmm...I enjoyed his battle with the military in the desert. The rest, not so much.

4Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:36 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

You know, it did take a couple of viewings to get behind it. It is what it is. Sure, its not the best comic flick ever, but its also not the worst. I did like the panel usage, but there were a few things in it that were really not needed, or just wildly unnecessary.

5Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I can't hate anything with Jennifer Connelly in it, but otherwise I don't think it's as bad as everyone said. It's not a great movie by any means, and it does not do justice to the source material, but as a movie, it's not terrible.

6Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think this was a bad movie. It just wasn't exciting enough to keep me interested. It could have been a lot worse I suppose. The acting talent was there and I do like Ang Lee. This was just meh to me. Not horrible but not what it could be.

7Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:23 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have yet to watch this movie without falling asleep don't know

8Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now, I'm not saying it is this epic thing, just that it isn't this awful flick.

9Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:52 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

There's the problem! It's a movie about the Hulk. It needs to be epic, for Stan's sake!

10Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:06 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

i think they just tried to hard to make it a psycological thriller.

11Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:59 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They did a lot of marketing towards young kids when this came out...I think it was way too deep for most kids to understand and/or enjoy, and a lot of adults don't have the attention span for this type of film. The bad marketing IMHO, it was killed it.
I enjoyed parts if it...not a great film, but it was ok.

12Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Movie SUCKED bad. I liked the movie alright but the Hulk ruined it by looking so video game stupid.

13Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:54 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:Movie SUCKED bad. I liked the movie alright but the Hulk ruined it by looking so video game stupid.

It's one or the other; either you liked the movie, with the exception of the Hulk and a few key parts, or the movie 'SUCKED bad.' You can't have it both ways. Wink

That being said, while I was disappointed in Nick Nolte and the Absorbing Dad sub-plot, I thought Ang Lee did a very good job of showing the psychological struggle that is at the heart of the Hulk Story.

As I've said before, Lee's Hulk movie does a magnificent job of showing us why the Hulk exists, and how he's not just a rampaging brute--he just wants to be left alone; Norton's Hulk movie does a fantastic job of showing how Banner lives with the Hulk as part of his life.

14Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:13 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well said Doug!!

15Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

It wasn't a good Hulk movie, but it was fine otherwise. The again, even 'The Incredible Hulk' didn't really work despite the attempt to give a better balance between the psychological and fantastic aspects of the character. Maybe the Hulk was never meant to be on the big screen?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

16Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

[quote="superdoug"]
Off_White_Lantern wrote:Movie SUCKED bad. I liked the movie alright but the Hulk ruined it by looking so video game stupid.

It's one or the other; either you liked the movie, with the exception of the Hulk and a few key parts, or the movie 'SUCKED bad.' You can't have it both ways. Wink

I WOULD have like the movie ALRIGHT if not for the video game Hulk. The laughable Hulk parts RUINED the movie so it doesnt matter. Unless someone would go through that movie and fix all the Hulk parts to look more realistic then the movie is $hitty. So yeah everything stacked together think most everyone agrees this movie SUCKED BAD.

17Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:49 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:So yeah everything stacked together think most everyone agrees this movie SUCKED BAD.

Obviously not, as I and several others (yourself included, according to your first post) do not agree with that sentiment. I think most people would agree that some elements were seriously flawed, but as far as movies about fictional comic book monsters fighting soldiers go, it wasn't half bad. Wink

18Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember seeing in High School and though I enjoyed it a bit (I have not seen the new adaption yet), it was quite boring and while the comic panels was unique-it didn't do it for me that much.

19Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

superdoug wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:So yeah everything stacked together think most everyone agrees this movie SUCKED BAD.

Obviously not, as I and several others (yourself included, according to your first post) do not agree with that sentiment. I think most people would agree that some elements were seriously flawed, but as far as movies about fictional comic book monsters fighting soldiers go, it wasn't half bad. Wink

Doug this was an effects driven movie and the effects were laughable. I like the feel of the movie and the actors were all capable but the big fake Hulk came in and ruined it. Seriously u cant say the movie didnt suck when every scene with the title character felt like a joke.

20Hulk (2003) Empty Re: Hulk (2003) Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:08 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Obviously, I can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum