Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Film Thread

+32
Gandicles
Airwolf
Thundermatts
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Denim
UltimateUltimacy
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Janson
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
supervenom
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Silent K
Batman25JM
Zeroskull21
Gojiratoho
DickGrayson007
Joshua
Sandman
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
36 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1The Avengers Film Thread Empty The Avengers Film Thread Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When this film comes out in theaters, it'll probably be one of the happiest days I've ever lived. So many big stars on the same screen will be in this film and though I'm interested in a Justice League film, this owns it. This will be a blockbuster no doubt but I hope the story is as big as it's anticipated. Though I want Spider-Man in it but I don't think it'll follow the "New Avengers" universe. I hope everything will be in place for the planned year, 2012. Here's a couple of fake posters to tease you-

The Avengers Film Thread Avengers-20090427-fan-made-posters

IMDb Profile-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Thu May 20, 2010 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

2The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ferrigno as the Voice of Hulk? I love it already!

3The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:07 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:Ferrigno as the Voice of Hulk? I love it already!
I just hope for not a Valentine's Day stunt with all the stars and nothing more.

4The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He did the voice in "Incredible Hulk". I have a question though. Can anyone see Chris Evans giving orders to Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man? I don't.

5The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
He did the voice in "Incredible Hulk". I have a question though. Can anyone see Chris Evans giving orders to Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man? I don't.
You know, I can see it. I'd recommend checking out the films Sunshine and Push if you haven't already, he's very believably commanding and decisive when he has to be in those films. And it's not just about whether the actor playing Cap can pull off that role, which I think Evans can, but also whether the other actors like RDJ can pull off their roles of believably accepting him as a leader. Obviously RDJ is more than capable of pulling that off, and I think a lot of people tend to forget that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Tony Stark won't just blindly follow Cap's orders from the get go. Part of the team coming together will probably deal with Tony acclimating himself to being a part of a team after flying solo for so long. Cap and Thor have been in battles with fellow soldiers/warriors before so it's nothing new for them, it's Tony that will have to adjust to the whole team aspect. But I'm confident Evans, Hemsworth, and RDJ will all pull it off.

6The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Check out this awesome viral marketing for Iron Man 2.

http://www.starkexpo2010.com/accutech/

AccuTech: a subsidy of Stark Industries. Laughing

The Avengers Film Thread Im2

^Interesting logo Wink
The Avengers Film Thread The_avengers_logo

7The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
You know, I can see it. I'd recommend checking out the films Sunshine and Push if you haven't already, he's very believably commanding and decisive when he has to be in those films. And it's not just about whether the actor playing Cap can pull off that role, which I think Evans can, but also whether the other actors like RDJ can pull off their roles of believably accepting him as a leader. Obviously RDJ is more than capable of pulling that off, and I think a lot of people tend to forget that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Tony Stark won't just blindly follow Cap's orders from the get go. Part of the team coming together will probably deal with Tony acclimating himself to being a part of a team after flying solo for so long. Cap and Thor have been in battles with fellow soldiers/warriors before so it's nothing new for them, it's Tony that will have to adjust to the whole team aspect. But I'm confident Evans, Hemsworth, and RDJ will all pull it off.

Sunshine and Push, huh? Ok. I'll give them a shot.

8The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 2:33 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*bump*

9The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

personally I would like to see this follow somewhat of the avengers true beginnings. where Loki is the big bad and they all join up to stop him. We can still have the fight scene everyone wants with Thor and the avengers vs Hulk then realize they have been played. but more than anything I want Cap to be thawed out in the beginning of the movie

10The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Can anyone see Chris Evans giving orders to Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man? I don't.
I totally can. Evans is a strong performer who can have a commanding presence when need be. Though after Iron Man 2 said Tony Stark would be serving the Avengers as a consultant, I'm not sure if Cap will ever be given the chance to give him orders. It sounds like Tony will be answering directly to Nick Fury.

but more than anything I want Cap to be thawed out in the beginning of the movie
Agreed. I want the Captain America movie to be a WWII period piece that ends with Cap frozen and I'd like the Avengers movie to start with SHIELD finding Cap, thawing him out, and having him join the Avengers.

11The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Can anyone see Chris Evans giving orders to Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man? I don't.
I totally can. Evans is a strong performer who can have a commanding presence when need be. Though after Iron Man 2 said Tony Stark would be serving the Avengers as a consultant, I'm not sure if Cap will ever be given the chance to give him orders. It sounds like Tony will be answering directly to Nick Fury.

but more than anything I want Cap to be thawed out in the beginning of the movie
Agreed. I want the Captain America movie to be a WWII period piece that ends with Cap frozen and I'd like the Avengers movie to start with SHIELD finding Cap, thawing him out, and having him join the Avengers.

yeah I have been playing around with this in my head on how the best way to do this is. I too want a WWII period piece for the first movie, any sequel could be set in modern time sure, but the first one should be all WWII. I was just thinking the story could be told as one major flash back, narrated by Chris Evans, explaining his origins and what happened to him.

12The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 2:37 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

^Maybe the can start in the present with him being found and the majority of the film told as a flashback then have it end in the present with him being enlisted by Nick Fury into the Avengers Iniative.

13The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:

According to the IMDB synopsis, it is set in the 40's (no clue as to the legitimacy of that synopsis though)

14The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Insider "source" saying Skrulls will be the villains...
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18337

Take it for what it's worth. huh

15The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

I just hope that they follow with what seems to be an "Ultimates" Avengers. I may be biased, since that was the first major comic I read from Marvel, but I love me some Ultimates actions, especially with what happens in Ultimates 2. Samuel L. Jackson as Fury only continues to give me hope. Very Happy

16The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I too hope that the first Cap movie is all WWII, and then he's thawed out in the beginning of the Avengers movie. I do think it'd be cool though if the after the credits scene for the Cap movie is SHIELD locating him. They don't actually have to obtain his body, they could just show a SHIELD facility and alarms going off saying they've located something. Then we see Fury being notified.

17The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope they keep Bucky in the movie continuity.

18The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:I hope they keep Bucky in the movie continuity.

How do you mean?

19The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

How do you mean?
Oh right, this is an Avengers movie. All of the Captain America talk distracted me.

20The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I was hoping for Ultron but Skrulls work. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

21The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ultron can be the sequel, that way we can get some vision action too.

22The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:I was hoping for Ultron but Skrulls work. Laughing

http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1091649p1.html

What's even cooler about this rumor is that it says the Kree will be involved too as allies of Earth! They're saying the mystery character that Kevin Pennington is playing could be Noh-Varr...although I would probably go with Mar-Vell. huh

23The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:
Silent K wrote:

How do you mean?
Oh right, this is an Avengers movie. All of the Captain America talk distracted me.

My question was moreso in line with...Bucky's been cast in Cap...do you mean you want him in Avengers, or did you not know that Bucky was cast? Or C. Other.

24The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 12:34 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had no idea. This news fills me with happy.

25The Avengers Film Thread Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 12:46 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:I had no idea. This news fills me with happy.

Bucky will be played by Sebastian Stan of Gossip Girl, who was also in the running for Cap.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/04/02/the-first-avenger-captain-america-sidekick-bucky-is-gossip-girl-actor-sebastian-stan/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum