Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Film Thread

+32
Gandicles
Airwolf
Thundermatts
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Denim
UltimateUltimacy
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Janson
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
supervenom
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Silent K
Batman25JM
Zeroskull21
Gojiratoho
DickGrayson007
Joshua
Sandman
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

76The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:45 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fillion as Pym would be incredible!! yes

77The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Seriously. Was I the only one that has seen this coming? Whenever Joss Whedon is involved, he always re-cast some of his own crew over and over again.

Can’t wait to see “Buffy-Avengers”. You’ll see Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and others behave like children and overreact to everything.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

78The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rolling Eyes

79The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Remember way back when when Eva Longoria was leaving Marvel offices with a bunch of comics under her arm?

80The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:Seriously. Was I the only one that has seen this coming? Whenever Joss Whedon is involved, he always re-cast some of his own crew over and over again.

Can’t wait to see “Buffy-Avengers”. You’ll see Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and others behave like children and overreact to everything.

Most director's have favorite actors. It's pretty much a given that if it's a Burton project, Elfman, Depp, or Bonham-Carter (or all three) will be involved.

Scorsese loves using DiCaprio in his films.

Then there's always the Frat Pack or the View Askewniverse or the Aptow films.

81The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've never understood the mentality of people who don't like directors and actors who frequently collaborate together. Directors often work with the same editors and DPs and no one seems to mind. Personally, I think if a director works particularly well with someone then he/she should continue to do so to produce the best movie possible. I hate the idea of Christopher Nolan making a movie and not using Michael Caine in some capacity.

82The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Or a Kurosawa movie without Mifune in it.

83The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Rumor: Nathan Fillion cast as Hank Pym and Eva Longoria cast as Wasp?!
I'd love that, but as always, it's probably not gonna happen. In fact, this time someone just combined two pre-existing rumors together. Still, fingers crossed.

84The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Joshua wrote:I've never understood the mentality of people who don't like directors and actors who frequently collaborate together. Directors often work with the same editors and DPs and no one seems to mind. Personally, I think if a director works particularly well with someone then he/she should continue to do so to produce the best movie possible. I hate the idea of Christopher Nolan making a movie and not using Michael Caine in some capacity.

It's okay, I don't understand your mentality either.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

85The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Remember way back when when Eva Longoria was leaving Marvel offices with a bunch of comics under her arm?

Yup...

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Eva-longoria-comics

Suspect

86The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I've never understood the mentality of people who don't like directors and actors who frequently collaborate together. Directors often work with the same editors and DPs and no one seems to mind. Personally, I think if a director works particularly well with someone then he/she should continue to do so to produce the best movie possible. I hate the idea of Christopher Nolan making a movie and not using Michael Caine in some capacity.

QFT.

87The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:09 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Paroxysm wrote:Seriously. Was I the only one that has seen this coming? Whenever Joss Whedon is involved, he always re-cast some of his own crew over and over again.

You... never really watched or read anything by Whedon, right?

Anyway, Nathan Fillion is great, Eva Longoria not so much.

Paroxysm wrote:

It's okay, I don't understand your mentality either.
Now you're just being rude and making this debate personal. Quit it.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

88The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Rumor: Nathan Fillion cast as Hank Pym and Eva Longoria cast as Wasp?!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=19339

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Nathan-fillion-ant-man-the-avengers-castThe Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 AVNGS_005

Take it for what it's worth...

I like this bit of news. I like it a lot.

89The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:49 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ed Norton being replaced as Banner for "The Avengers"?

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19904

I hope this isn't true. Sad

90The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:37 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Nathan Fillion as Ant-Man!? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

91The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:45 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Bigtymin504 wrote:

JUST noticed Wasp in your sig pic

92The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:22 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dmahoney wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

JUST noticed Wasp in your sig pic

Yep, right over Iron Man's chest piece. happy

93The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:32 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's official: Edward Norton will not be back as Bruce Banner for Avengers.

http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/07/10/its-official-edward-norton-wont-be-an-avenger/

The press release from Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is rather blunt...

“We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks.”

Bummed but not surprised. There were always rumblings about Marvel Studios and Norton's disagreements. And Norton is notoriously known to be "difficult" or whatever in Hollywood. Oh well...now I wonder who they'll replace him with. I'm guessing we'll find out at San Diego Comic Con. happy

94The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:00 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Bring back Bana. I didn't care for the new Hulk movie at all, the first one was cast and written way better. But since they will most likely go for a third different actor I guess I'd like to see maybe Ioan Gruffudd. I know it would be weird to see Reed and Johnny as Bruce and Steve, but I really thing he could pull it off.

95The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:28 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The Hulk was actually a good movie, just not a good Hulk movie. I. Hulk had much better characterization of Banner, Betty and Blonsky. The only thing that got me in Incredible was Ross. Thunderbolt Ross was dead-on--as the military man--but Mr. Ross, father of Betty, acted uncharacteristically. He loves Betty as much as Banner and Hulk, he wouldn't treat her like he did (with the exception of bad writing in comic continuity), let alone endanger. Ah well. Ross in The Hulk was much more Betty's father, and I enjoyed that. Also, Connelly's Betty was pretty damned good. Arguably better, but whatev. I enjoyed both, but I. Hulk was definitely a Hulk movie.

Okay...uh...Ian Gufford? Not bad. But I doubt they'd let that fly.

Lee Pace?
The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 F78b56d9-8687-4a52-8cdc-41b66e475acf.widec
Good actor, has that look of being intelligent, "weak" but not weak body. As in to say, he's not chiseled, but he's hardly unhealthy.

96The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:52 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

^ I'd be for that Lee Pace rocks.

As for Hulk vs. I.Hulk I thought it was a good origin story and they even bookended it to lead to a a more action packed sequel. I do admit that blending Brian Banner and Absorbing Man was a little iffy, but it worked ok. But really Hulk doesn't that many cool villains: You've got Ross, Abomination, Leader, Absorbing Man and Brian Banner and that's about it before you start getting into silly territory. And even with those villains only two/three (two at the time three now) can go toe to toe with the Jade Giant. The to fights that fans really want to see we sort of got but only in animated form and that's Thor and Wolverine. Since Wolvie is still stuck in Fox land that fight may never happen live action. Thor on the other hand just may happen so here's hoping they don't miss the boat and we get a Hulk/Thor throwdown in the Avengers movie.

97The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:01 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd have to give a big NO to Ioan Gruffudd. I personally just never fully bought his portrayal of Reed Richards, so I doubt I would like him playing Banner.

I like the Lee Pace call though.

For some reason, Cillian Murphy was the first name to come to my mind...

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Cillian-murphy2

98The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rumor: Joaquin Phoenix offered role of Bruce Banner

http://chud.com/articles/articles/24388/1/WILL-THE-NEW-HULK-RISE-LIKE-A-PHOENIX/Page1.html

Reliable sources tell me that Marvel has already put out an offer, and the actor they've spoken to is Joaquin Phoenix, believe it or not. Phoenix is taking time to mull over the offer and the bigger implications - Marvel may yet resurrect the Hulk franchise - but Marvel hopes to have him in place by Comic Con, which is when they want to announce their new Bruce Banner.

huh

99The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'm sorry, but I just do NOT see him as Banner.

100The Avengers Film Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:05 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

makes sense that they want to announce it at comic con, but i don't see phoneix in the role...i'm still in edwards nortons camp, i like the way he portrayed it, but if they want to change i won't argue as long as it's someone who looks the part, which bana and norton both did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum