Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Film Thread

+32
Gandicles
Airwolf
Thundermatts
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Denim
UltimateUltimacy
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Janson
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
supervenom
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Silent K
Batman25JM
Zeroskull21
Gojiratoho
DickGrayson007
Joshua
Sandman
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

176The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting article on why Ant-Man isn't in Avengers?
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/28/why-isnt-ant-man-in-avengers/

Edger Wright:
“I talked to [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige about that a while back where we just discussed about whether he would be in The Avengers,” Wright told Cinema Blend at Comic-Con. “The thing is, the script that I’ve written, you know, whether it’s next or not I don’t know, the chronology of it or the way it works wouldn’t really fit in with what they do. And my film is very much an introduction to that character, and so it wasn’t something where it felt right to introduce him in that film. Maybe if I do the solo Ant-Man film and maybe there’s a later Avengers then they could draft him in later. But it didn’t work with the kind of the angle that we were going to do with the origin that I’d written.”

I had a thought, maybe they could put Hank Pym in the movie as Giant-Man (notice they haven't exactly ruled that out publicly yet). He could be introduced as inventing Pym particles, which leads to the Ant-Man movie, maybe with Pym as Giant-Man and either Scott Lang or Eric O'Grady as Ant-Man.

Then again, they probably just think that Avengers is already packed with enough characters. With Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye already in it, Pym and possibly Wasp might be too much to add.

177The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:43 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I say just give us a Pym cameo. He doesn't have to be anyone (Ant-Man, Giant Man, etc.), or really even say anything.

And, I'm 99.9% sure Edgar Wright's movie was going to be Scott Lang.

178The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:42 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Blaargh!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

179The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Blaargh!
Interesting thoughts.

180The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

New Hulk Marc Ruffalo explains his interpretation of the character:

"He's a guy struggling with two sides of himself - the dark and the light - and everything he does in his life is filtered through issues of control. I grew up on the Bill Bixby TV series, which I thought was a really nuanced and real human way to look at the Hulk. I like that the part has those qualities."

He also confirmed they start shooting this winter. [IGN]

Nice!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

181The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am thinking since everyone is already going to be established that this will be the "Hawkeye" origin story. I wonder if they are going to go with him being a villian that reforms. In which case they can go any route with the most obvious would be having him working as a spy for Hydra (which sets up a villian group for Shield to fight in their movie)

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

182The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I've considered that take as well. What better way to portray evenly the big stars (actor or character) by the audience viewing them, appropriately, through Hawkeye's pov. At least somewhat. Like Agent Myers in Hellboy.

(Have I said this before? Feels like I've said this before. Heh. Even the Hellboy example.)

183The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Denim wrote:I am thinking since everyone is already going to be established that this will be the "Hawkeye" origin story. I wonder if they are going to go with him being a villian that reforms. In which case they can go any route with the most obvious would be having him working as a spy for Hydra (which sets up a villian group for Shield to fight in their movie)

They could always go the Ultimate route and introduce him as a SHIELD agent.

184The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

That's what I'm thinking. It'd also give them another ready-made character for the SHIELD flick.

185The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers Comic Con teaser "leaks"!!

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/08/04/marvels-avengers-teaser-leaks-for-now/

186The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ thumbs up

Man I can't wait for this movie.

187The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:56 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Is this the biggest gap between teaser/release ever?

188The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:01 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Mother. Fucking. Goosebumps.

yes

189The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

rwe1138 wrote:Is this the biggest gap between teaser/release ever?

Yep.

190The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

So this trailer was supposed to give us a hint at who the villain/villains will be. I say Skrull Invasion. Hands down.

They won't have enough time to develop a true, complex villain origin story. A massive Alien threat is a simple idea that audiences can wrap their heads around.

I predict hordes of Skrull will be run through by the Avengers meat grinder before the movie is over.

191The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:59 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Paroxysm wrote:So this trailer was supposed to give us a hint at who the villain/villains will be. I say Skrull Invasion. Hands down.

They won't have enough time to develop a true, complex villain origin story. A massive Alien threat is a simple idea that audiences can wrap their heads around.

I predict hordes of Skrull will be run through by the Avengers meat grinder before the movie is over.

CG aliens with green blood make it easier to get away with violence and a PG13.

192The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:21 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ A hint? From that? It was just a big "A."

Paroxysm wrote:

Yep.
Yea. I know it's a teaser, but Sam Jackson doing his cool voice...that's it? Expected just a teensy bit more.

193The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

BlueMaxx wrote:^ A hint? From that? It was just a big "A."

Paroxysm wrote:

Yep.
Yea. I know it's a teaser, but Sam Jackson doing his cool voice...that's it? Expected just a teensy bit more.

I also didn't know "The Avengers were born?"

Way to fuck up the easiest tagline in comic-book history.

194The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm sure they're saving "assemble" for the main trailer.

195The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I hope so, I know he's quoting Avenger #1 but still I NEED to hear it.

196The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Teaser does nothing for me, it's just too far out for me to really get excited. I am looking forward to it, but not going to let the hype gain control of me and build up expectations for a movie that is over a year away.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

197The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

You're fucking up, Marvel.

From Mania.com, c/o CinemaBlend

Is There Bad Blood between Favreau and Marvel?

Although we've seen hints of it in the past, a new "insider" report from Cinema Blend suggests that the relationship between director Jon Favreau and Marvel Studios has soured quite a bit in the past year or so.

2008's Iron Man was a noteworthy success on many levels, two of which were that it cemented Marvel's status as a stand-alone studio and propelled Favreau to the A-list. And there's no downplaying Favreau's role in making that movie into a massive hit. The man "campaigned" for his audience for years prior to the film's release, showing up numerous conventions and trade shows and using the internet's emerging social media to win over his audience.

And yet, when it came time to talk sequels, the notoriously-frugal Marvel had trouble making an acceptable offer for the director to return. Negotiations got contentious to the point where, late 2008, Favreau started making some public insinuations to let the fans know Marvel was dragging its feet on the deal.

Of course, they signed him, but the Cinema Blend report goes on to describe a high degree of creative interference that came from Marvel on Iron Man 2. As was apparent to most critics and many fans, there were numerous moments in the film designed to build up to The Avengers that had little to do with the story of the film. Reportedly, Favreau was also unhappy with the aggressive production schedule, which forced him to roll cameras on the film with an incomplete script.

And for a time, Favreau seemed a likely candidate to direct The Avengers. Cinema Blend's insider claims that Favreau wanted that job very badly. However, Marvel didn't want to pay him at the same level they did for Iron Man 2. Instead they went with the less-expensive Joss Whedon who, understandably, has a huge fan base but very little practical experience directing feature films.

Cinema Blend's insider also suggests that Robert Downey Jr. is disenchanted with Marvel as well. He's locked in for The Avengers and Iron Man 3 but the insider says "chances are that will be his last movie.

198The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^shake my head

199The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:You're fucking up, Marvel.

From Mania.com, c/o CinemaBlend

Is There Bad Blood between Favreau and Marvel?

Although we've seen hints of it in the past, a new "insider" report from Cinema Blend suggests that the relationship between director Jon Favreau and Marvel Studios has soured quite a bit in the past year or so.

2008's Iron Man was a noteworthy success on many levels, two of which were that it cemented Marvel's status as a stand-alone studio and propelled Favreau to the A-list. And there's no downplaying Favreau's role in making that movie into a massive hit. The man "campaigned" for his audience for years prior to the film's release, showing up numerous conventions and trade shows and using the internet's emerging social media to win over his audience.

And yet, when it came time to talk sequels, the notoriously-frugal Marvel had trouble making an acceptable offer for the director to return. Negotiations got contentious to the point where, late 2008, Favreau started making some public insinuations to let the fans know Marvel was dragging its feet on the deal.

Of course, they signed him, but the Cinema Blend report goes on to describe a high degree of creative interference that came from Marvel on Iron Man 2. As was apparent to most critics and many fans, there were numerous moments in the film designed to build up to The Avengers that had little to do with the story of the film. Reportedly, Favreau was also unhappy with the aggressive production schedule, which forced him to roll cameras on the film with an incomplete script.

And for a time, Favreau seemed a likely candidate to direct The Avengers. Cinema Blend's insider claims that Favreau wanted that job very badly. However, Marvel didn't want to pay him at the same level they did for Iron Man 2. Instead they went with the less-expensive Joss Whedon who, understandably, has a huge fan base but very little practical experience directing feature films.

Cinema Blend's insider also suggests that Robert Downey Jr. is disenchanted with Marvel as well. He's locked in for The Avengers and Iron Man 3 but the insider says "chances are that will be his last movie.

Well I think we should take this with a grain of salt for now, at least until someone either walks or is booted. Also, studios constantly negotiate money and contracts with directors and actors, so its no big surprise that sometimes things get testy between the two parties. Not a big deal.

That said, if Favreau really did complain about Marvel's Avengers influence on Iron Man 2, I'm gonna go ahead and tell him to cry me a river. He knew damn well that this was the way things were gonna be. Marvel Studios is openly doing something nobody has ever done, incorporating separate character franchises together and building a cohesive cinematic universe. All the directors, writers, and actors hired by Marvel Studios know this so complaining about it after the fact is just nonsense.

And as comic fans, we all want to see these movies share the same universe just like in the comics. So I'm all for Marvel Studios implementing that plan to the fullest. As far as RDJ being "disenchanted" goes, I don't buy it. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if Avengers or Iron Man 3 are his last films playing Tony Stark. Actors generally never commit to franchises beyond 3 or 4 films, and at his age you can't expect him to play the character forever. I just wonder what Marvel Studios will do with this cohesive universe once the actors have to inevitably move on due to circumstances or age.

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

200The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:27 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Oh, wonderful. I can't wait for the Iron Man 4 reboot.
The Avengers Film Thread - Page 8 12_iro10

>(

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum