Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Film Thread

+32
Gandicles
Airwolf
Thundermatts
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Denim
UltimateUltimacy
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Janson
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
supervenom
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Silent K
Batman25JM
Zeroskull21
Gojiratoho
DickGrayson007
Joshua
Sandman
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

101The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Isn't he trying to be a rapper or something like that?

102The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:48 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i think that was fake, supposedly there's a movie him and casey affleck were making about it.

103The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Isn't one of the reasons they ousted Norton because he was a troublemaker? And they opt for Joaquin "I'm batshit insane" Phoenix?

104The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Well IIRC Norton wanted to make the movie too close to the old TV show and Marvel said no and Norton got pissed.

105The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Ed Norton being replaced as Banner for "The Avengers"?

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19904

I hope this isn't true. Sad

I could see this happening. I like Ed Norton as an actor a lot but from what I understand he's just impossible to work with because he like to have a bit of creative control from what I have heard.

Janson wrote:Bring back Bana. I didn't care for the new Hulk movie at all, the first one was cast and written way better. But since they will most likely go for a third different actor I guess I'd like to see maybe Ioan Gruffudd. I know it would be weird to see Reed and Johnny as Bruce and Steve, but I really thing he could pull it off.
I really liked Eric Bana in the role of Bruce Banner. That would be a great call.

Bigtymin504 wrote:I'd have to give a big NO to Ioan Gruffudd. I personally just never fully bought his portrayal of Reed Richards, so I doubt I would like him playing Banner.

I like the Lee Pace call though.

For some reason, Cillian Murphy was the first name to come to my mind...

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Cillian-murphy2
I could see him in the role. That would work for me.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Rumor: Joaquin Phoenix offered role of Bruce Banner

http://chud.com/articles/articles/24388/1/WILL-THE-NEW-HULK-RISE-LIKE-A-PHOENIX/Page1.html

Reliable sources tell me that Marvel has already put out an offer, and the actor they've spoken to is Joaquin Phoenix, believe it or not. Phoenix is taking time to mull over the offer and the bigger implications - Marvel may yet resurrect the Hulk franchise - but Marvel hopes to have him in place by Comic Con, which is when they want to announce their new Bruce Banner.

huh
what da fuck?

106The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well Joaquin Phoenix was a pretty great actor before he went crazy...which many have said was all just an act. So I really think he could pull this off.

107The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
I could see this happening. I like Ed Norton as an actor a lot but from what I understand he's just impossible to work with because he like to have a bit of creative control from what I have heard.

i don't see a problem with that, especially since latley with the exception of the iron man movies and the the 2 batman movies, and his hulk movie, the studios have collectivley screwed the pooch. they call him impossible because he's not jus there to read script and collect a pycheck, he's there to put out a good product, unlike fox and some companies who just make crap put a super hero name on it and expect us to not revolt at our childhoods being ruined.

108The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Why Eric Bana should get the role again (the dumb version)
He's an Aussie where Bruce is a common name/nickname "G'day Bruce!" His last name is Bana. Bruce Bana = Bruce Banner.

It's pretty dumb, but it could be fate.

109The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually never understood Eric Bana playing Bruce Banner.

Banner is supposed to be a meek genius scientist type, not some some well-built good-looking bloke.

110The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Why Eric Bana should get the role again (the dumb version)
He's an Aussie where Bruce is a common name/nickname "G'day Bruce!" His last name is Bana. Bruce Bana = Bruce Banner.

It's pretty dumb, but it could be fate.

that was clever i liked that! Laughing i liked bana's banner (tounge twister) too, but norton looks more....i dunno tourtured. bana was the like, "repressed anger" bruce, norton was the "why has thou forsaken me." bruce.

Bigtymin504 wrote:I actually never understood Eric Bana playing Bruce Banner.

Banner is supposed to be a meek genius scientist type, not some some well-built good-looking bloke.

well, he can be both....i mean look at tobey mcguire, he's like unconventional good looking he worked for spidey.

111The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Yeah and Wolverine is supposed to be 5' 3'' but people seem to like Jackman in the role. As long as the part is played well, which IMO it was, the actor becomes the character. Norton was just Norton the whole movie. Bana on the other hand was Banner. Also they showed that Bruce road is bike everlwhere, staying active keeps you in shape, but he really didn't know how to use it. Josh Lucas handed him his ass before Bruce Hulked out because Bruce is a meek, non-confrontational guy because of his messed up childhood.

112The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Yeah and Wolverine is supposed to be 5' 3'' but people seem to like Jackman in the role. As long as the part is played well, which IMO it was, the actor becomes the character. Norton was just Norton the whole movie. Bana on the other hand was Banner. Also they showed that Bruce road is bike everlwhere, staying active keeps you in shape, but he really didn't know how to use it. Josh Lucas handed him his ass before Bruce Hulked out because Bruce is a meek, non-confrontational guy because of his messed up childhood.

well norton was too, he got slapped around a few times, he jogged alot. i dunno they were both good but for different reasons to me, like norton looked scrawny, but bana was the more believeable in the messed up childhood aspect. i like jackman in the role because he made the hair not look dumb, plus, look at the weapon x scene in origins.....tell me that whole brief 2 minutes wasn't pure wolvy.

113The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Yeah and Wolverine is supposed to be 5' 3'' but people seem to like Jackman in the role. As long as the part is played well, which IMO it was, the actor becomes the character. Norton was just Norton the whole movie. Bana on the other hand was Banner. Also they showed that Bruce road is bike everlwhere, staying active keeps you in shape, but he really didn't know how to use it. Josh Lucas handed him his ass before Bruce Hulked out because Bruce is a meek, non-confrontational guy because of his messed up childhood.

I don't think the Wolverine comparison is really the same thing but I do agree that the most important thing is how the actor plays the role. Personally, I didn't really care for Bana as Banner, and the fact that he was all wrong physically didn't help. But maybe I just didn't like him because I didn't like the movie overall.

114The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I preferred Norton to Bana, but I didn't hate Bana. I just wish they'd keep Norton. This is supposed to be a shared universe and we've already seen Rhodey recast, I'd prefer not to see Banner recast as well.

115The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Think of it a the character being drawn by a new artist or a character redesign.

116The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Think of it a the character being drawn by a new artist or a character redesign.

Ha yeah basically. I wish they could have kept Norton, but it is what it is. At some point in the future, this Marvel Movie Universe will have to be rebooted with new actors anyway.

117The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Mark Ruffalo May Be Marvel’s New Hulk Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Deadline reports is that Mark Ruffalo is in ‘late stage talks’ to be the new Bruce Banner and Incredible Hulk in The Avengers. That’s all the info we’ve got right now, but I love the idea. I’ve enjoyed Ruffalo’s work for a long time, and while his basic mode is pretty much the polar opposite of The Avengers, I think he could be great fun. Think of his performance in The Brothers Bloom modulated by his serious but pulpy work in Shutter Island. Yeah, this may do nicely. More details as they come in.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/14/mark-ruffalo-may-be-marvels-new-hulk/

Nice choice!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

118The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:44 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I fully support this.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

119The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Eww, but I'll wait and see.

120The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd definitely be down for this. He's a good actor.

121The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One word. YES!! I love this idea. Mark Ruffalo is a great choice for Bruce Banner.

122The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:53 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I like him he would work but I feel like Norton nailed it.

123The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Actually after some more thought I remembered how good he was in Zodiac. It was just all those awful date movies he was in that sprung to mind right away I forgot he could play darker characters. So I'm for this.

124The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:32 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

meh.....i don't see it.

125The Avengers Film Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think he'd be a good choice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum