Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Film Thread

+32
Gandicles
Airwolf
Thundermatts
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Denim
UltimateUltimacy
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Janson
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
supervenom
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Silent K
Batman25JM
Zeroskull21
Gojiratoho
DickGrayson007
Joshua
Sandman
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

126The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43 am

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Joss Whedon Confirmed As Director Of 'The Avengers....

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

127The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:07 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought that was old news...... scratch

128The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

It's official now.

129The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:43 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

if it means nathan fillion as ant-man, i'm in. i'm a fan of adrien brody, but rumors of him getting it didn't sit well....i guess it's just preference.

130The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mark Ruffalo may be signed, sealed, and delivered for the big Marvel Movie Panel tomorrow.

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Mark-ruffalo-20060115-102414

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/23/mark-ruffalo-avengers-marvel-hulk-comic-con/

131The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Marvel & Ruffalo Reach Hulk Deal Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Marvel & Ruffalo Reach Hulk Deal

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Ruffalo

EXCLUSIVE: Back on July 14th, I scooped that Mark Ruffalo Is In Late-Stage Talks To Be Marvel's New Hulk in 'The Avengers'. Now I've just learned the ink is drying on the deal reached by Brillstein Entertainment Partners with Marvel. (There's no official confirmation yet from Marvel whose reps aren't available for their usual "No comment".) So it looks like Marvel movie mastermind Kevin Feige may pull this off and bring Ruffalo along with as many other of The Avengers superheros he can corral to tomorrow night's panel at Comic-Con.

Of course, imagine the Hollywood actor whom you'd least expect to play The Incredible Hulk in The Avengers, and maybe, just maybe, you'd come up with the Ruffalo's name. He's always been an actor's actor and is getting critical raves in Focus Features' The Kids Are All Right which opened this month. Ruffalo, of course, replaced Edward Norton as Hulk. Marvel made a pittance of an offer to Edward Norton to continue in the role. But it caught the actor by surprise that the studio decided to replace him altogether with no advance warning. Like Norton, Ruffalo would bring real chops to the role. But, unlike Norton, he won't be an on-set asshole.

Remember everything that went on in 2008 when Marvel and Norton were privately and publicly feuding over the remake of The Incredible Hulk, details of which I scooped back then? Eventually they settled their issues after clashing over how to cut the $150+ million pic. But what was released was Marvel's cut of the movie, not Norton's. Now remember that Norton was promised big involvement and access after Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel invited the actor into the core team to rewrite Zak Penn's script. But, in the end, Marvel ignored Norton's ideas about how to cut the film. Even the film's director, Louis Leterrier, joined with Norton to lobby for a longer, more detailed, more character-driven film while Marvel Studios wanted a faster, leaner one.

Sure, Norton has a difficult reputation. And he never does a lot of publicity for pics. But, basically, Marvel found him to be a pill. At the same, Marvel's Maisel acted like a jerk. I always thought the studio would recast. Now they have.
Very Happy

132The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"But it caught the actor by surprise that the studio decided to replace him altogether with no advance warning."

Marvel needs to seriously work on this. They pulled the same stunt with Terrence Howard and Iron Man 2. In any business, it's bad to do things like that. If you decide you don't want someone, just tell them. It's akin to burning bridges if you don't.

133The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:22 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

awesome news!

SDCC News – AVENGERS Has its Ant-Man

Written by Skott Stoland on 07/23/2010 – 9:40 PM -

It’s been kind of a fan-wanky rumor that Nathan Fillion might play Ant-Man in Joss Whedon’s Avengers film. You know, since they’ve worked together before. Well, sometimes if the internet talks about something enough it happens (I’m looking at you Betty White hosting SNL.).

During Whedon’s panel at Comic Con, Fillion asked a question from the audience while in disguise. That question, “Who is your favorite actor?” After the writer/director/god of geeks answered “Nathan Fillion,” the actor took off his disguise and revealed himself .

Whedon then told Fillion that he wanted him to play Ant-Man in Avengers, confirming the casting.

Does this mean than he’ll also be playing the character in Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man film, or will the two directors be using different characters under the mask? There were three different Ant-Men, after all.

134The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:31 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 12771111

135The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:57 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:"But it caught the actor by surprise that the studio decided to replace him altogether with no advance warning."

Marvel needs to seriously work on this. They pulled the same stunt with Terrence Howard and Iron Man 2. In any business, it's bad to do things like that. If you decide you don't want someone, just tell them. It's akin to burning bridges if you don't.

You also have to take into account that Howard was asking for more money than RDJ to play a supporting character.

136The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:05 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:"But it caught the actor by surprise that the studio decided to replace him altogether with no advance warning."

You also have to take into account that Howard was asking for more money than RDJ to play a supporting character.

I'm aware of that. That's when you go, "no, we'll find someone else then" and do so. I can understand looking for another actor if the negotiations are going bad but doing so without warning as it seems here is bad. And since this does tend to happen in Hollywood and these guys are so surprised at Marvel makes it seem like Marvel gave them the impression they would be back and surprised them with this. That's bad.

It's akin to you asking for a raise and your boss saying he'll think about it and then the next day, finding out in the newspaper that your boss hired someone else to do your job.

137The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:14 am

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

colossus1979 wrote:awesome news!

SDCC News – AVENGERS Has its Ant-Man

Written by Skott Stoland on 07/23/2010 – 9:40 PM -

It’s been kind of a fan-wanky rumor that Nathan Fillion might play Ant-Man in Joss Whedon’s Avengers film. You know, since they’ve worked together before. Well, sometimes if the internet talks about something enough it happens (I’m looking at you Betty White hosting SNL.).

During Whedon’s panel at Comic Con, Fillion asked a question from the audience while in disguise. That question, “Who is your favorite actor?” After the writer/director/god of geeks answered “Nathan Fillion,” the actor took off his disguise and revealed himself .

Whedon then told Fillion that he wanted him to play Ant-Man in Avengers, confirming the casting.

Does this mean than he’ll also be playing the character in Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man film, or will the two directors be using different characters under the mask? There were three different Ant-Men, after all.

I would love to see Fillion play Eric O'Grady.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

138The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:30 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nathan Fillion posted this on Twitter about an hour ago.

@NathanFillion: Joss' comment: Funny and very clearly a joke. People hear: Whatever they wanna hear.

139The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:32 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It has been confirmed, Jeremy Renner from The Hurt Locker will be Hawkeye

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

140The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well now i feel stupid already....

SDCC: Nathan Fillion is NOT Ant-Man in The Avengers

by SuperHeroHype
Jul 24th, 2010

Some confusion arises from today's panel
There seems to be some confusion that Joss Whedon announced Nathan Fillion will be Ant-Man in The Avengers at a Comic-Con panel today. While we couldn't attend, Marvel has confirmed to us that he was joking.

"Nathan Fillion is Ant-Man," he said, adding, "unfortunately Ant-Man isn't really in the movie."

scratch is he getting a solo movie.....so confused.

141The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:14 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still weary in a sense of this movie, but hoping Marvel has a heavy hand in the production.

142The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:44 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:It has been confirmed, Jeremy Renner from The Hurt Locker will be Hawkeye

So much win.

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Jeremy-renner

143The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:57 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good short Whedon interview.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20497

144The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:22 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it will either be epic, or a horrible failure..

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

145The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:46 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Spazzy wrote:it will either be epic, or a horrible failure..

^^

146The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:

I'm aware of that. That's when you go, "no, we'll find someone else then" and do so. I can understand looking for another actor if the negotiations are going bad but doing so without warning as it seems here is bad. And since this does tend to happen in Hollywood and these guys are so surprised at Marvel makes it seem like Marvel gave them the impression they would be back and surprised them with this. That's bad.

It's akin to you asking for a raise and your boss saying he'll think about it and then the next day, finding out in the newspaper that your boss hired someone else to do your job.
This so happened to me once... minus the asking for a raise part or getting fired. I had a position with responsibility and one day, not that it wasn't ordinary business, some guy came by for a job interview. I was notified that he'll be a new shift manager. Then a few days later we had our monthly staff meeting and the new guy, before even starting to actually work, was there too. All of a sudden, my boss announces the new guy is now doing my job, without even letting me know earlier in private. Not only it felt like backstabbing, but it was in front of my co-workers and everyone realized that too. I wanted to quit the same day, but eventually stayed for another 7-8 months ("just" as a shift manager) until I found another job.

Then again, my boss up until recently, whom I thought to be the best boss I ever had, was arrested a month ago for embezzlement and left my department in shambles. Maybe it's time to go freelance...

---

Anyway, back to business... What is it with Marvel and announcing official sign-ups/castings a long time after the fans already accepted them? Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones and now Whedon. And burning bridges with actors isn't buying the company any credit points. Ed Norton is not John Byrne; he won't just go and yell at his forum members how evil your company is, or blog about Joe Quesada's dirty underwear -- he'll burn you with the Actors Guild and half of Hollywood, you twats!

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

147The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:32 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers Assemble!!!!
The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 AvengersAssemble
(L-R) Robert Downey Jr., Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Director Joss Whedon, Producer and Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige from the motion picture "MARVEL STUDIOS' THE AVENGERS" in which Earth's Mightiest Heroes including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Agent Coulson assemble together on screen for the first time.

big grin big grin big grin big grin

148The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:35 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^There are no words to express my utter joy at that picture.

I can't wait!!!

149The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:50 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 AvengersAssemble2

Man, this is gonna be epic.

150The Avengers Film Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:51 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:I'm still weary in a sense of this movie, but hoping Marvel has a heavy hand in the production.

Spazzy wrote:it will either be epic, or a horrible failure..
I'm kind of with you. The more I see pictures, the more I'm unsure. Mixed bag, really. Cool settings, costumes are...okay, actors are still worrying me, Joss Whedon is good in my book, just not sure about this task. The combo of resolute collaboration and Marvel Studios yet to really fuck up are really what's giving me hope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum