Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Film Thread

+32
Gandicles
Airwolf
Thundermatts
Astro13Zombie
MikeSabian
Spazzy
G_Zatara
Denim
UltimateUltimacy
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
dmahoney
Janson
Foreigner_Man
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
supervenom
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Silent K
Batman25JM
Zeroskull21
Gojiratoho
DickGrayson007
Joshua
Sandman
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 12:54 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Joshua wrote:I had no idea. This news fills me with happy.

Bucky will be played by Sebastian Stan of Gossip Girl, who was also in the running for Cap.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/04/02/the-first-avenger-captain-america-sidekick-bucky-is-gossip-girl-actor-sebastian-stan/

What's really interesting about that is they signed Stan for a 3-picture deal...can you say Winter Soldier? Wink

27The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 1:14 am

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

I'm not really digging the idea of Skrull/Kree showing up so soon. Maybe when they have a few sequels, some extraterrestrial mentions or name-drops, I would like it. But so soon? Not really. I think that having the alien side of Marvel show up so soon might alienate all but the nerds in the audience. Just my two-cents though.

28The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 1:16 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

However...an event of that magnitude MIGHT be the reasoning for joining these heroes together in the first place. Maybe Fury already knows the Skrull are on Earth, and are planning a full scale attack?

29The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 1:23 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Zeroskull21 wrote:I'm not really digging the idea of Skrull/Kree showing up so soon. Maybe when they have a few sequels, some extraterrestrial mentions or name-drops, I would like it. But so soon? Not really. I think that having the alien side of Marvel show up so soon might alienate all but the nerds in the audience. Just my two-cents though.

It's been suggested in the articles on this that the first Avengers movie could be the Skrulls working more behind the scenes planting seeds and such, then going full on invasion in a potential Avengers 2. I have a feeling that if they do this, the Skrulls will be a shadowy villain but not THE imminent threat of the first film. We'll see though.

30The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I was reading on comicbookmovie.com and this guy had a great idea, what if you made Agent Coulson a Skrull, that would be pretty awesome.

31The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 10:48 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I hope that doesn't end up being the case. I like Agent Coulson a lot, and I don't want him to be a Skrull.

32The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 11:25 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

^That's precisely why it would work because everyone likes that character so much and he's also in the thick of all the Avengers Initiative stuff so he can gather tons of info. I could see a scene of him talking on the phone saying "He loves you." that would be a great nod to the fans in a cliffhanger scene.

33The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 21, 2010 11:54 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wohoo!!!! Secret Invasion! definitely excited for this!

34The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon May 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There's a scoop saying that Kevin Pennington will be playing Captain Marvel (possibly as some sort of SHIELD agent) in the Avengers movie! Its just not clear whether that's Mar-Vell or Noh-Varr.

http://avengersnews.com/2010/05/24/kevin-pennington-being-set-to-play-captain-marvel/
The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Xd71j6The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Mar-Vell

"Kevin’s role won’t be disclosed publicly until closer to filming. Marvel is still choosing which characters would best fit in their cinematic universe. They don’t want to throw a character in for the sake of it; they want it to make sense. Plans are for Kevin to be in 'The Avengers' in a small role to be expanded further in the future."

Personally, I think Mar-Vell makes a WHOLE lot more sense if they want to do a version of the Kree/Skrull War. Noh-Varr is a very new character with no deep history in the Marvel Universe, don't think it makes sense to use him over an established icon like Mar-Vell.

35The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Tue May 25, 2010 1:04 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:There's a scoop saying that Kevin Pennington will be playing Captain Marvel (possibly as some sort of SHIELD agent) in the Avengers movie! Its just not clear whether that's Mar-Vell or Noh-Varr.

http://avengersnews.com/2010/05/24/kevin-pennington-being-set-to-play-captain-marvel/
The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Xd71j6The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Mar-Vell

"Kevin’s role won’t be disclosed publicly until closer to filming. Marvel is still choosing which characters would best fit in their cinematic universe. They don’t want to throw a character in for the sake of it; they want it to make sense. Plans are for Kevin to be in 'The Avengers' in a small role to be expanded further in the future."

Personally, I think Mar-Vell makes a WHOLE lot more sense if they want to do a version of the Kree/Skrull War. Noh-Varr is a very new character with no deep history in the Marvel Universe, don't think it makes sense to use him over an established icon like Mar-Vell.

That's pretty cool. I figured it was that or Quasar. I see them using Ultimate Captain Marvel, who was associated with SHIELD more so than any of the 616 versions.

36The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Tue May 25, 2010 1:18 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm down for Skrulls as a threat if for no other reason that it introduces the cosmic side of Marvel into the Marvel-produced movies. I know it won't ever happen, but just the thought of an Annihilation movie makes my naughty bits tingle and moisten.

37The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Tue May 25, 2010 1:31 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder if a Green Lantern movie doing well will sway them into making a space-based movie, like Nova or Quasar thus leading into a possible Annihilation movie.

38The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Tue May 25, 2010 1:34 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I wonder if a Green Lantern movie doing well will sway them into making a space-based movie, like Nova or Quasar thus leading into a possible Annihilation movie.

Now I'm getting all tingly like Joshua. neutral

39The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Wed May 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope they go with Secret Invasion/Chitauri invasion storyline more than anything, with the Kree involving themselves because they dislike the Skrull and want to keep their power limited or something. Secret Invasion was a wonderful idea that was just poorly executed. But it's easily accessible to the average movie-goer (evil aliens want to take over earth/wipe out humans for whatever reason). The fact that they are shape-shifters makes for a nice touch. From a marketing standpoint, it could work well (similar to the Secret Invasion promos but more real world stuff).

40The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 27, 2010 5:07 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jeremy Renner is supposed to have signed on to be hawkeye, which is pretty cool if it's true....if you watch hurt locker he has a "hawkeye" moment or 2

41The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:Jeremy Renner is supposed to have signed on to be hawkeye, which is pretty cool if it's true....if you watch hurt locker he has a "hawkeye" moment or 2
Hope its true!

42The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No official confirmation from Marvel on Joss Whedon yet, but his brother pretty much just confirmed it...
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/05/27/joss-whedon-has-tentatively-agreed-to-direct-the-avengers-says-zack-whedon/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+splashpage+%28MTV+Splash+Page+Blog%29&utm_content=Twitter

"Speaking of the ['Doctor Horrible'] sequel, we are all anxious to work on it, but some of us — and I'm not pointing any fingers here — but some of us have tentatively agreed to helm an all-star mega-blockbuster summer tent-pole extravaganza movie to be released in 2012," Zack Whedon told Comic Book Resources. That could possibly, maybe, interfere with the production of our internet musical. Hopefully we will have time for all of us to do everything we want to do."

thumbs up

43The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Sweet. I hope we got official confirmation soon.

44The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pennington apparently NOT Captain Marvel...

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18572

That's a bummer if it's true. Sleep

45The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Bigtymin504 wrote:
colossus1979 wrote:Jeremy Renner is supposed to have signed on to be hawkeye, which is pretty cool if it's true....if you watch hurt locker he has a "hawkeye" moment or 2
Hope its true!

It's not true though.

www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/30/jeremy-renner-says-he-isnt-hawkeye/

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

46The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Fri May 28, 2010 10:49 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well.....that blows, glad i said "supposed to" and "if it's true." otherwise i'd look like a total tool. which isn't out of the ordinary, but on this i'd rather not! Wink

47The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Sat May 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alice Eve and Malin Akerman reportedly finalists for a role in Avengers

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18605

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Alice-Eve-Maxim-004The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Malin-akerman-maxim

source: “Marvel is searching for the perfect candidate for this particular role. They are important in their universe and whichever actress gets cast will potentially have the largest female role in the film.”

The speculation seems to be either Janet Van Dyne/Wasp, Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel, or possibly even Sharon Carter. I hope they go with Alice Eve, Malin Akerman did not impress me in Watchmen.

48The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon May 31, 2010 5:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Josh Holloway in negotiations for a Marvel movie?
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDogPound/news/?a=18654

The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Hot-list-josh-holloway-2

Don't know how legit this is, but still fun to ponder Laughing

Hank Pym? Hawkeye? Other?

49The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon May 31, 2010 5:12 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Holloway would make a wicked Hawkeye

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

50The Avengers Film Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Film Thread Mon May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I could see him as Hawkeye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum