Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Samuel L. Jackson Says We’ll See A SHIELD Film After The Avengers

+10
Bigtymin504
Fresh03
jaydee74
Sandman
azrael07
tstrike99
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
MillionDollarGeek
Paroxysm
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/13/samuel-l-jackson-says-well-see-a-shield-film-after-the-avengers/
When Samuel L. Jackson was signed to a nine-film deal by Marvel, you had to bet that part of the attraction of the deal was that he’d eventually get a pretty big role, if not a star turn, in one of the studio’s projects.

So far, Jackson’s Nick Fury has been a small part of the Iron Man films, and we know he won’t appear in Thor. But he will be in Captain America, and is likely to be a big part of The Avengers. Going beyond that, Jackson says we should expect a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie to follow Marvel’s team picture.

Jackson talked to RadioBigBoy (via CinemaBlend) and said specifically,The Avengers should start shooting some time next year, and then some time after that there’ll be a big S.H.I.E.L.D. movie.

That sounds pretty definitive, but until it comes from Kevin Feige, mark it as ‘relatively definitive,’ or maybe just ‘hopeful.’
So what would the S.H.I.E.L.D. movie be? Hopefully a slightly smaller picture that focuses not on the backstory of the agency, but of the strings it pulls in the background to get things done. Perhaps it would be a sort of espionage picture in the Marvel vein, something to break from the big superhero pattern of the other films.

As for characters, unless one of them is offed in the next couple films, we’ve already got Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. (You’ve got to figure that one or two of these secondary characters are going to get killed sooner or later; got to have some sense of danger, even though this is death-averse Marvel.) By the time Thor, Captain America and The Avengers are all said and done, we’ll probably have a few other possibles as well. And the film could be a launch pad for other secondary Marvel characters.

Finally, Jackson also speculates in the interview that we’ll see a lot of War Machine in future Marvel movies. No surprise there, as the character seems to be primed to have a real part in The Avengers, at the very least.

I love all these Marvel movies!!!!Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmmmmm... DC, your move.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Tell me about it. DC has so many characters they're not playing with.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DC has some really, really unique characters as well. I hope they use them soon.

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I never thought I would live to see this many Marvel films! It's so awesome! Jackson is the perfect Nick Fury. The movie should be like Jmes Bond, Pulp Fiction, and Dirty DOzen all wrapped into one!

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i think the reason DC is not using some of their characters is because they're trying to play it safe. Yeah, characters like Flash and Green Lantern are awesome, but they might feel they may not have the drawing power of Batman or Superman. and probably also because they've seen how a quickly licensed movie with a not-as-big character can crash and burn(see what Marvel's done with Ghost Rider,Elektra, DareDevil, etc.)

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

azrael07 wrote:i think the reason DC is not using some of their characters is because they're trying to play it safe. Yeah, characters like Flash and Green Lantern are awesome, but they might feel they may not have the drawing power of Batman or Superman. and probably also because they've seen how a quickly licensed movie with a not-as-big character can crash and burn(see what Marvel's done with Ghost Rider,Elektra, DareDevil, etc.)

you mean not as well done movie! AND i hope DC learned THAT lesson *cough*Catwoman*cough*Steel. you would think a movie about a guy with a flaming skull would generate some interest! but it was so crapily done no one really bothered

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/13/samuel-l-jackson-says-well-see-a-shield-film-after-the-avengers/
When Samuel L. Jackson was signed to a nine-film deal by Marvel, you had to bet that part of the attraction of the deal was that he’d eventually get a pretty big role, if not a star turn, in one of the studio’s projects.

So far, Jackson’s Nick Fury has been a small part of the Iron Man films, and we know he won’t appear in Thor. But he will be in Captain America, and is likely to be a big part of The Avengers. Going beyond that, Jackson says we should expect a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie to follow Marvel’s team picture.

Jackson talked to RadioBigBoy (via CinemaBlend) and said specifically,The Avengers should start shooting some time next year, and then some time after that there’ll be a big S.H.I.E.L.D. movie.

That sounds pretty definitive, but until it comes from Kevin Feige, mark it as ‘relatively definitive,’ or maybe just ‘hopeful.’
So what would the S.H.I.E.L.D. movie be? Hopefully a slightly smaller picture that focuses not on the backstory of the agency, but of the strings it pulls in the background to get things done. Perhaps it would be a sort of espionage picture in the Marvel vein, something to break from the big superhero pattern of the other films.

As for characters, unless one of them is offed in the next couple films, we’ve already got Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson and Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. (You’ve got to figure that one or two of these secondary characters are going to get killed sooner or later; got to have some sense of danger, even though this is death-averse Marvel.) By the time Thor, Captain America and The Avengers are all said and done, we’ll probably have a few other possibles as well. And the film could be a launch pad for other secondary Marvel characters.

Finally, Jackson also speculates in the interview that we’ll see a lot of War Machine in future Marvel movies. No surprise there, as the character seems to be primed to have a real part in The Avengers, at the very least.

I love all these Marvel movies!!!!Very Happy

That's just really cool.

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Now, if it happened to be based on Hickman's new SHIELD book...

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This should be awesome.

azrael07 wrote:i think the reason DC is not using some of their characters is because they're trying to play it safe. Yeah, characters like Flash and Green Lantern are awesome, but they might feel they may not have the drawing power of Batman or Superman. and probably also because they've seen how a quickly licensed movie with a not-as-big character can crash and burn(see what Marvel's done with Ghost Rider,Elektra, DareDevil, etc.)

I think DC Entertainment is finally realizing they can and should make superhero movies other than Batman and Superman. They saw the huge success that a former B-lister (in the mainstream) like Iron Man could be, and realized they have plenty of characters capable of that. Iron Man is now a household name. So after seeing Marvel, thankfully they're growing a pair and releasing Green Lantern soon, not to mention rumors of Flash and Wonder Woman movies finally getting serious. It's a shame WB/DC didn't start getting their act together till now, they could have built a "DC Cinematic Universe" like Marvel's a LONG time ago since they've been having all the rights under one roof for decades now.

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah but i doubt DC would not just throw a big name on screen just to make a substandard movie, that's why it took so damn long for a batman move to begin with and i still think superman returns was at least better than 3 and 4 so i'll give it credit that it at least gave hope for future attempts also don't forget they kinda tested the waters with the losers too, alot of people (myself included) thought the losers was a decent flick.....if not great definatley sequel worthy. i know it's not "costumed super hero" comic movie but it counts.

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Well I think also DC has been caught flat footed in the race for the superhero movies. WB had made some cheesy movies in the past and even some Marvel licensed stuff was cheesy. Now movie houses (WB and Marvel) are seeing that a serious movie, based around a comic book character, will work and not just work for comic geeks but the whole audience.

Look at Batman Begins and TDK, both are truly character driven movies about a man trying to make his city safer, fighting crime, etc. He just happens to dress up in black and drive tank, and oh yeah he is rich. Same thing with Iron Man. The problem is when a movie goes to far into or away from the source material. X-1 was okay, it deviated a bit, but then all holy hell broke loose when characters died or were unmutated (see X-3).

So hopefully WB sees that just because a character is a superhero, does not mean that they must be lack of depth. And totally will see an Avengers film, and a Shield film.....

Sam Jackson in 9 Marvel movies? How many has he been in? Iron Man 1 and 2. (1 & 2) plus Captain America (3).... so where are the other 6 coming from?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

You know what could be a good movie? Jonah Hex. Someone should try doing that.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YES!

This is going to be awesome!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum