Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Superman/Action Comics

+12
Mnemosis
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
rwe1138
Administrator
Batman25JM
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
Bigtymin504
LOOSECANNON
Joshua
Metal Misfit
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I too am curious as to how long they can keep this up. I'm sure JMS has big plans, I just can't say I know exactly what they are. But, I like it well enough so far.

And yeah, that cover was great.

152Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say JMS. I want to know where you are going with this.

153Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Paul Cornell's big plans for Lex...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27068

Action Comics #894
Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Ac_cv894_pencils-300-copy1

cover reveal
Spoiler:

neutral

Very interesting. One of the things I love about this storyline is that the incredible power of the power ring is being examined. One of the things I've found impressive about the rings is how they utilize emotion for a variety of effects. The black lantern ring espcially since it allows one a vairaty of powers and can create a zombie. Imagine the power one would have having such things under one's control or a ring that allows one the power of Spectre or Flash or Superman. In any case I can't wait.

As for Superman 701, I liked this issue. I hated the event that started it all (getting slapped by Bitchy Magee) but Superman walking amongst people is humourous and a nice change of pace. However, I do hope JMS has something good planned because this can grow old over time. But each city provides something different so it should be interesting to see what Superman runs into. I hoping he walks into Gotham or Star City or the other fictional but less famous cities (like Hub City). I wonder if he will encounter other vigilantees? Should be fun overall and a good way to milk some issues. Overall I though this was good and worth the time. In short, this was a very charming issue.

154Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I quite liked #701 too. Supes always had heart and its on full display here. I do fear this bordering on becoming overly preachy though...but so far it hasn't fallen into that yet.

155Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this issue. The illegal alien topic sorta confused me because that's pretty dickish of Superman's character, he sounded like I was reading a message board or something but other than that I liked the issue a lot.

156Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman #702

Meh. I'm already growing tired of this arc. The preachy nature of the book is wearing thin. It was fine for an issue, but I'm already sick of it.

Superman being against those aliens being here illegally made him look like a giant dick. Seriously, I mean, HE IS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN!!

The crap with the factories in Detroit irritated me. I live in Michigan, I know that we have problems. I don't need to be reminded of it when I'm reading a comic. I read comics to escape, not to be told the world sucks. JMS did this in his ASM run as well, and I hated it there too. Also, I hate when they fix real world problems in comics. It seems so false since they haven't been fixed in real life. UGH! I hate it!!

The conversation between Lois and Clark seemed off. It sounded too much like an MJ/Peter conversation.

I'll stick with the book, but after two issues I've gone from super excited about it to sick of it.

157Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this issue was pretty interesting. The thing I see with this issue is that JMS is bringing Superman back to the People's Champion sort of hero. It's who he was from the beginning so it's a bit interesting to see how he handles everyday problems. I'll be curious to see how this continues on but so far, I really like it and that in itself really surprises me.

158Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:48 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Im not sure about you guys but Im interested in 703, hes suppose to come to cincinnati....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

159Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm curious about every issue. JMS wants to have Superman deal with situations that he can't just punch in the face or use his super powers. I find it interesting if not completely exciting. I do wonder how long JMS can sustain this though.

160Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I do wonder how long JMS can sustain this though.

Exactly. I'm open-minded enough to see where this goes, but something more exciting needs to happen than fixing broken cars and making rich aliens help the economy

161Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:27 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman/Batman #75

I'm not sure what I expected from this anniversary issue, but this wasn't it. This was a typical multiple random stories that really have no consequence type of book. I thought this was supposed to be the start of some "new, exciting" arc, but I guess I misread something. Oh well.

Action Comics #892

This was kind of interesting, but still in that setup phase where you're not sure what's happening yet. Seems like Lex is hunting down these pockets of Black Lantern energy that elicit these violent rages in people if they get too emotionally charged near it. Plus, looks like Lex is still showing signs of the lingering effects of being an Orange Lantern

162Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:09 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman/Batman #76

I've been waiting awhile for this book to return to the level of quality it showed about a year ago, and with this issue I think it finally took a step back in that direction. Thank you Judd Winick.

This issue explores the emotional turmoil Clark experiences over the death of Bruce after Final Crisis. Now to be honest, I've been waiting for this kind of issue since FC ended, but with the mindframe of "FC won't interfere with current storylines that way fans don't have to buy more titles than necessary", I can see why it took so long.

I know some people hate on Winick, but in my opinion, his work has been pretty solid lately.

163Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I LOVE Judd Winick. He's honestly one of my favorite writers. I may have to check out this issue.

164Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:19 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I LOVE Judd Winick. He's honestly one of my favorite writers. I may have to check out this issue.

It also features an altercation between Clark and Nightwing, who I know is another favorite of yours Wink

165Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I LOVE Judd Winick. He's honestly one of my favorite writers. I may have to check out this issue.

It also features an altercation between Clark and Nightwing, who I know is another favorite of yours Wink

yes Sold! I'm definitely looking for this when I go to my LCS on Wednesday.

166Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:29 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Is anyone out there reading Action Comics?

Lex Luthor vs. Grodd!

The back-up with Jimmy Olsen makes up for his brief death that once saddened me only to anger me upon his unbridled revival. Thankfully, his competition with new LexArts hot-shot should be an interesting read. Next issue, both stories should be even more compelling. Praises to Paul Cornell for reigniting a once stagnant book. Sorry, Rucka.

893 = 4/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

167Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:04 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Surprised a book involving Neil Gaiman's Death character doesn't margin up a convo....good little book, unfortunately leading to yet ANOTHER guest star appearance...hoping this doesn't become Cornell's once and only trend. Also, Superman's story was surprisingly decent despite the fill-in writer...it's just one of those things where you don't want to drop it and lose out on the contuinity of the collection, but you prefer JMS' run only.

168Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:34 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

about to drop Superman, again...

169Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman #705. Not sure how I felt about it. I get what JMS is trying to do in this book but not sure how much it's holding my interest. I thought the story was interesting enough I guess to check out the next issue though.

170Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:00 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JMS needs to make something happen QUICK. 5 months of this snoozefest is wearing thin.

171Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:15 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^It wore thin after 2 months for me. I dropped it and I haven't regretted it for a moment.

172Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:17 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Action Comics #895 was superb. You can't really go wrong with Vandal Savage & Luthor punning each other to death. Not only was the main dish solid, but Jimmy Olson's backup actually outshined its big brother for once. It was priceles to see Jimbo aim to bore his newfound alien brethren to an utter silence. Too bad the series won't last. 4/5

173Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:45 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Action Comics #895 was superb. You can't really go wrong with Vandal Savage & Luthor punning each other to death. Not only was the main dish solid, but Jimmy Olson's backup actually outshined its big brother for once. It was priceles to see Jimbo aim to bore his newfound alien brethren to an utter silence. Too bad the series won't last. 4/5

Agreed. This run has been pretty solid so far. It's interesting that these pockets of black energy have been around for so long

174Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read Superman #706. I really enjoyed this. The story about Perry White and the Daily Planet was really interesting and cool. I'm not sure how I feel about this series at the moment but this issue has me interested in the next one and I guess I'll consider continuing getting the next issue until it no longer interests me. So far, I'm interested.

175Superman/Action Comics - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman/Action Comics Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:43 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Surprise of the Week, really. This might've been the best issue of JMS run and it was written by G. Willow Wilson, instead. Perry White has never been funnier, and considering I'm a New Media "mogul" this story deeply interested me.

And it doesn't hurt the uplifting reading that my rooommate is blasting giddy theatrical music in the kitchen while baking cokies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum