Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PRINCE OF PERSIA!

+16
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Paroxysm
Bigtymin504
Debaser77
Batman25JM
Thundermatts
Joshua
supervenom
Sandman
MillionDollarGeek
Nymn
Astro13Zombie
ChrisToPhenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Sat May 29, 2010 1:15 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Seeing this movie tonight. Not expecting much, but I'm sure that this will be a fun time w/my friends.

27PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Sat May 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I went to see this last night and thought it was pretty good. I really like the special effect they used when he activated the dagger. Also Ben Kingsley was pretty awesome too.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

28PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Sun May 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

First off, I'm unfamiliar with the videogame, so I don't know how faithful it was. I found this to be fun with good action and some fun performances. I wish they borrowed a couple pages from Indiana Jones for this. Ben Kingsley was great as always, and Alfred Molina stole the show. The ending was a bit of a cheat, but makes me curious to see how it'll work in a sequel. (I hope Molina's character returns.) Also, the villains weren't as interesting as they could have been. As fun as Kingsley was, his character seemed way in over his head. But all in all, a fun popcorn movie and a just a good time to have with friends.

29PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:41 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:First off, I'm unfamiliar with the videogame, so I don't know how faithful it was. I found this to be fun with good action and some fun performances. I wish they borrowed a couple pages from Indiana Jones for this. Ben Kingsley was great as always, and Alfred Molina stole the show. The ending was a bit of a cheat, but makes me curious to see how it'll work in a sequel. (I hope Molina's character returns.) Also, the villains weren't as interesting as they could have been. As fun as Kingsley was, his character seemed way in over his head. But all in all, a fun popcorn movie and a just a good time to have with friends.

I just got back from this and wholeheartedly agree with you man. I enjoyed it. Fun movie with good performances all around. Gyllenhaal was a solid action hero. I thought it was funny that the same chick from Clash of the Titans was in this (she looks even hotter in this with that Persian tan lol). Both are the same type of movies, just with different cultural inspirations. PoP (heh) was definitely better though IMO. Sure there were a few silly moments but I expected that going in so they didn't bother me. Overall a solid summer flick.

30PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:First off, I'm unfamiliar with the videogame, so I don't know how faithful it was. I found this to be fun with good action and some fun performances. I wish they borrowed a couple pages from Indiana Jones for this. Ben Kingsley was great as always, and Alfred Molina stole the show. The ending was a bit of a cheat, but makes me curious to see how it'll work in a sequel. (I hope Molina's character returns.) Also, the villains weren't as interesting as they could have been. As fun as Kingsley was, his character seemed way in over his head. But all in all, a fun popcorn movie and a just a good time to have with friends.

I just got back from this and wholeheartedly agree with you man. I enjoyed it. Fun movie with good performances all around. Gyllenhaal was a solid action hero. I thought it was funny that the same chick from Clash of the Titans was in this (she looks even hotter in this with that Persian tan lol). Both are the same type of movies, just with different cultural inspirations. PoP (heh) was definitely better though IMO. Sure there were a few silly moments but I expected that going in so they didn't bother me. Overall a solid summer flick.

There's a movie review show here that's on TV every week and has been running for decades hosted by two old fuddy duddies and I nearly fell off my chair when they said they both enjoyed this. I haven't seen it yet but that indicated to me that it's probably above average when it comes to this type of film.

31PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:02 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

saw it on sunday with mym gf - we both know of the game but never really played the new ones - we were into the old school dos version of it! ha!

butyeah i agree it was a fun enjoyable action hero movie -with some funny moments

the cg was cool - and jake was super beeefyy.. yummmmyy!

32PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

There's a movie review show here that's on TV every week and has been running for decades hosted by two old fuddy duddies and I nearly fell off my chair when they said they both enjoyed this. I haven't seen it yet but that indicated to me that it's probably above average when it comes to this type of film.

Haha yeah I think that's the perfect way to describe it.

33PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:41 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

34PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:54 pm

ScarletW

ScarletW
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Was babysitting this weekend and this is the movie the kid picked to go to. I went in with absolutely no expectations, and like you guys have said: I was pleasantly surprised! I groaned a little inside when I saw the run-time was two hours, but it flew by. The scenery was gorgeous, Gylenhall was gorgeous. That would have been enough for me! But the story was actually pretty good, and we had some laughs too!

35PRINCE OF PERSIA! - Page 2 Empty Re: PRINCE OF PERSIA! Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I really enjoyed this movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum