Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember...Remember....

+14
BlueMaxx
Joshua
Gojiratoho
Heytherejeffro
Jherek
alucardbarnivous
melvinlikechris
Spaced4SimonPegg
elijahdprophet
Harry Wang
Airwolf
Combo Mo
MillionDollarGeek
shining knight
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Remember...Remember.... Empty Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:01 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

yes its the annual british tradition of celebrating a failed terrorist plot by building bonfires and throwing dummies into them oh and of course the legal use of fireworks!

which of course was the inspiration for this guy....

Remember...Remember.... Vforvendetta

2Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

haven't seen the movie yet

3Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:19 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed it. Drags in some spots, but overall entertaining and Agent Smith is great.

4Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:52 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

agent smith ftw!

yeah i thought someone will post the nov 5 V poem. hehe

5Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:06 am

Harry Wang

Harry Wang
Pirate
Pirate

*tosses Airwolf into a bonfire*

6Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:16 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OHHH ITS GETTIN HOT IN HURRRRRR!

7Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I have a closet full of roman candles left over from July 4th, I plan to set some off this evening.

8Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Couldn't finish the movie...Simon was talking about this on Twitter...now I understand. scratch

9Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:19 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today we celebrate terrorists
The rest of the year we fear them

10Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:14 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LETS BURN SOME EFFIGIES UP IN THIS MOTHER! WHERE'S KUPO?!

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

11Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Yaay! Happy Guy Fawkes night everyone. Over here in England the whole country goes batshit firework Keraaazy. It's the busiest night of the year for our brave firemen so spare a thought for them as well as a penny for the Guy. Luckily we had the traditional torrential rain last night so that should put a dampener on any out of control bonfires. Remember...Remember.... 29517
I can already hear the bangs and whooshes so I'm gonna go and check out the free show from my neighbours!
I live in Brighton in Sussex, Which has a huge Guy Fawkes tradition.
Here's this from wiki

In Sussex, it is a major festival that centres on Lewes necessitating the closure of the town centre. The night also commemorates the Glorious Revolution and 17 local Protestant martyrs that were burnt at the stake during Marian Persecutions by the Catholic Queen Mary I.The night begins with torchlight processions in costume by a number of local bonfire societies and culminates in six separate bonfires where effigies of Guy Fawkes, Pope Paul V and topical personalities are destroyed by firework and flame. The burning of an effigy of Pope Paul V is carried out by the Cliffe Bonfire Society alone and they are barred from marching with the main procession.
In 2001 an effigy of Osama bin Laden ensured that the annual event received more press attention than usual (it featured on the front page of some national newspapers) To mark the demise of the 17 martyrs, 17 burning crosses are carried through the town, and a wreath-laying ceremony occurs at the War Memorial in the centre of town. there are races pulling flaming tar barrels; the barrel run, take place along Cliffe High Street at the start of the evening. A flaming tar barrel is also thrown into the river Ouse; this is said to symbolise the throwing of the magistrates into the river after they read the Riot Act to the bonfire boys in 1847. The festivities culminate in five separate bonfire displays, where the effigies are destroyed by firework and flame. Up to 80,000 people have been known to attend this local spectacle, coming from all over the South and sometimes further afield.

12Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Today we celebrate terrorists
The rest of the year we fear them
You know, my students asked me who Guy Fawkes was, and I had to explain that he was a terrorist, and then we got into the "both sides of the same coin" discussion...

Luke Skywalker was also a terrorist.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

13Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:12 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fun Fact: The colloquial use of guy (as in fella, male, dude, hombre, sir, bro, chap) comes from Guy Fawkes.

Fun Fact #2: Our Founding Fathers were terrorists.

14Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist.

15Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Terrorism - The systematic use of fear, usually through violence, especially as a means of coercion.

There are a lot of terrorists then. Wink

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is the vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital
voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous
visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these
venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently
vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict
is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain,
for the value and veracity of such shall one day
vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily,this vichyssoise of verbiage
veers most verbose vis-a-vis
an introduction, and it
my very good honor
to me you and you
may call me
V."

16Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

All I can add is this which has been said before but is no less the truth for that

ONE MAN'S TERRORIST IS ANOTHER MAN'S FREEDOM FIGHTER

Which I guess is why you Colonial rebels and I can talk so freely.

Long may democracy reign and the fireworks fly!

17Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Harry Wang

Harry Wang
Pirate
Pirate

Out of friendship, we send your people toothbrushes. king

18Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
You know, my students asked me who Guy Fawkes was, and I had to explain that he was a terrorist, and then we got into the "both sides of the same coin" discussion...

Luke Skywalker was also a terrorist.

this is very true,and if we really wanted to stick the point...you could say for instance that the first death star destruction was say like "oklahoma city" and the second would be like the trade towers. in a way to show them as ,for lack of a better term mirror situation. one truth to remember about "freedom fighters" "revolutionaries" "terrorists" whatever,is that...in all honesty,their story gets written by the people left behind in their wake,they are villians or heroes,depending on the point of view,shaka zulu,sun tzu,julius cesear,alaxander the great according to some people were all scociopaths, according to others they were millitary wizards. it's the point of view,the people effected that will always determine the history of such things.

19Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So is Guy Fawkes celebrated or is the celebration that the plot was found out before it could happen?

20Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The celebrate the stopping of The Gunpowder Plot and the Catholic conspirators that planned it. Guy Fawkes the most famous because he was there. They burn fake "Guys" during some celebrations.
"A traitor to the Crown by his action,
No parli'ment mercy from any faction,
His just end should'st be grim,
What should we do? Burn him!
Holler boys, holler boys, let the bells ring,
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the King!"

21Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yep its not the man himself thats celebrated (though we do refer to him) its the prevention of his plot to blow up the houses of parliament

22Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:15 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You foreigners are weird. neutral

23Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:18 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

we say the same about you turkey boy Laughing Wink

24Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah...but you say it out of envy.

25Remember...Remember.... Empty Re: Remember...Remember.... Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

FroZen wrote:You foreigners are weird. Remember...Remember.... 656889

It's our job.

But if we Brits weren't here who would play all your baddies in Hollywood movies? Remember...Remember.... 179710

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum