Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's Get Serious

+2
BlueMaxx
Spider_Fan14
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Let's Get Serious Empty Let's Get Serious Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Since it's no longer on WUMB, i wanted to restart it again since it's a great thread. For those who never heard of it, it's where you take an old TV show, Movie, Videogame, whatever and make it into a new version, darker or cooler then te previous form, a good example would be Space Ghost the TV show and the DC Comics' miniseries reimagining of SG (the mini where Alex Ross provided the covers).

2Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, cool. I gotta bunch of posts, but you liked my thread? I loved that thread.

I remember wanting an Inspector Gadget reinvention based off a picture I found, with a mixture of GitS/Blade Runner and 1984.
This pic:
Let's Get Serious Inspector_gadget_by_rubendevela
Let's Get Serious 1241200021682

Here's two others:
Let's Get Serious 985fb8c0a361f443e8ea46de48f7d059Let's Get Serious Go_go_Gadget_Noir_by_GreenSoda

3Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh, cool. I gotta bunch of posts, but you liked my thread? I loved that thread.

Here's two others:
Let's Get Serious 985fb8c0a361f443e8ea46de48f7d059Let's Get Serious Go_go_Gadget_Noir_by_GreenSoda

oh yeah, the bottom ones are cool. and yeah Maxx, i loved that thread, it was really cool imho.

4Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh, cool. I gotta bunch of posts, but you liked my thread? I loved that thread.

I remember wanting an Inspector Gadget reinvention based off a picture I found, with a mixture of GitS/Blade Runner and 1984.
This pic:
Let's Get Serious Inspector_gadget_by_rubendevela
Let's Get Serious 1241200021682

Here's two others:

That's pretty cool. I'd read and/or watch that version.

5Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:00 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Considering all the global warming disaster films, I was thinking Captain Planet could be told in a dramatized way. No cornball stuff. No announcement when Captain Planet is summoned, and also, "Captain Planet" would be said on the down low, maybe as a joke in one instance. I'd like the end of the series to reveal his true name, which would be Earth, to coincide with Gaia and her name. (Even though, the Latin word "Terra" was the first name for our planet.) A relationship between the two would really work, and I'd want the rational message of keeping our planet clean...nothing pretentious. We get bombarded by enough of that.
Let's Get Serious Captainplanet
Also, a sequel mini or movie could then start digging into the rest of the villains, and, of course, Captain Pollution.

6Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:20 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Good ideas so far, BlueMaxx!

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

7Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Considering all the global warming disaster films, I was thinking Captain Planet could be told in a dramatized way. No cornball stuff. No announcement when Captain Planet is summoned, and also, "Captain Planet" would be said on the down low, maybe as a joke in one instance. I'd like the end of the series to reveal his true name, which would be Earth, to coincide with Gaia and her name. (Even though, the Latin word "Terra" was the first name for our planet.) A relationship between the two would really work, and I'd want the rational message of keeping our planet clean...nothing pretentious. We get bombarded by enough of that.
Let's Get Serious Captainplanet
Also, a sequel mini or movie could then start digging into the rest of the villains, and, of course, Captain Pollution.

I'd really like a more serious Captain Planet. A movie would be really cool. That poster looks awesome. I'm not a save the planet fanatic (I don't want to destroy it, but I'm not out picketing or anything), but I know I'd enjoy a Captain Planet movie if they made one. The only thing is, that I would want them to call out their powers and announce Captain Planet. That was, and is, my favorite part of the show. It doesn't have to look or sound silly.

8Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Earth!"

"Wind!"

"Water!"

"Fire!"

"Heart!"

"With your powers combined, I am CAPTAIN PLANET!!!"

...ya, that's not cheesy. tongue I just really think it is uneeded. They can combine their powers without the role-call of powers. And who dubbs themself the captain of the planet? Even if it was established that newspapers or the Planeteers named him that, why would he announce that during his transformation? It pretty impractical and pretty cornball, even for my pulp-loving tastes. Just throwin' that out there.

9Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:06 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:"Earth!"

"Wind!"

"Water!"

"Fire!"

"Heart!"

...ya, that's not cheesy. tongue I just really think it is uneeded. They can combine their powers without the role-call of powers. And who dubbs themself the captain of the planet? Even if it was established that newspapers or the Planeteers named him that, why would he announce that during his transformation? It pretty impractical and pretty cornball, even for my pulp-loving tastes. Just throwin' that out there.
what would you relpace it with?

10Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Good question. Hrm. Well, I guess a one-time deal with the roll call could work. Just the elements, not Captain Planet saying his line. If they were to say "Earth" or "Wind" with a whisper, it could work. Makes it more of a concentration to make the ring work rather than a simplistic verbal command. And when Captain Planet shows up after forming, especially the first time, he should be quiet and show nothing but baddassedness with the problem at hand. Then his amalgamation seperates to go back into the Planeteer's rings without saying a word. That's when they speak with Gaia once more. And this is where she explains things--mostly--hinting at her love, and the sacrifice he made, explaining why he was contained into the rings.

It'll be explained that it was for the benefit of man to do what they will with the elements. But it quickly turned to greed and so the rings were hidden. Like a djinn type of story to Captain Planet (Earth). Most people don't know that the original lore of the djinn didn't involve lamps so much as rings. Solomon captured them in rings--supposedly more than one, anyway. Then, all you need do is rub the ring and the djinn will do your bidding. So Arabic mythology could play into a bit.

11Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:58 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Let's Get Serious 1258880095550

12Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:59 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Let's Get Serious 1258880095550

Cool! i was just thinking of a Dark Knight parody when i watched some of DD on youtube.

13Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You know, I could actually see that working in at least a semi-serious way. Just like Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAm), which was a little more serious about Dr. Robotnik and his evils. I'd love to see both as a comicbook or a movie reinvented.

14Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

here's one i thought of the other day;
American Dragon: Jake Long

add some Terry McGuiness to the character of Jake to make him a redeeming punk and elder bruce wayne to his Grandfather who both have the power to turn into dragonlike humans to defend and protect the magical and human race from the Dark Dragon, a hitler and hussien of dragons who just wants to pave away the human race for magic, but then only for dragons. On the human side of the extremes is the Huntsclan, a group like KKK who hunt down creatures for sport and is led by the Huntsman, a guy who wears Troll skin armour and vaious body parts of creatures as accesories. aided by him is Huntsgirl, an almost equally bloodthirsty hunter.

also, Jake's child prodigy sister Haley displays many dragon powers and is the back up for Jake. His friends Spud and Trixie are also helpers that help in battles but Jake fears they'll get killed for helping them some day, straining thier freindship abit.

15Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

bump

16Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:55 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Legend of Zelda
Let's Get Serious The_Legend_of_Zelda_by_kowan
Who wouldn't want to see a dramatized version, with artistic realism?

17Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Legend of Zelda
Let's Get Serious The_Legend_of_Zelda_by_kowan
Who wouldn't want to see a dramatized version, with artistic realism?
wasn't Twilight Princess kinda the closest to the dramatized version of Zelda?

18Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I was thinking the original being reinvented in the same vein of realism as Tolkien and Lewis with their creature and mythos handling as a comicbook. Maybe get around to Ocarina of Time.
Let's Get Serious Legend-of-zelda

Let's Get Serious Legend-of-zelda

19Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Wind!"

"Water!"

"Fire!"

"Heart!"

It doesn't have to sound cheese, tone and inflection can make a big difference. And why wouldn't he call himself Captain Planet? If he his a magical being then he can literally be Captain Planet. He can be the protector of the planet. It's not necessarily self appointment so much as just what he is. And even if they went the route of the newspapers dubbing him that he can call himself that. Superman was dubbed that by the newspapers and he now calls himself that.

That is, at least to me, a hallmark of the show. All my friends would run around calling out the elements. I think losing that would be losing a piece of the excitement.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Let's Get Serious 1258880095550

That looks AWESOME. I wish it was really happening.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

"Wind!"

"Water!"

"Fire!"

"Heart!"

It doesn't have to sound cheese, tone and inflection can make a big difference. And why wouldn't he call himself Captain Planet. If he his a magical being then he can literally be Captain Planet. He can be the protector of the planet. It's not necessarily self appointment so much as just what he is. And even if they went the route of the newspapers dubbing him that he can call himself that. Superman was dubbed that by the newspapers and he now calls himself that.

That is, at least to me, a hallmark of the show. All my friends would run around calling out the elements. I think losing that would be losing a piece of the excitement.

I have to agree. Having them call out the elements is a pretty important part of the show's identity and can be done without sounding cheesy. It could be explained away as the best means to access the rings's powers, or could have a more symbolic meaning, as in the show Bleach, whenever the characters say "bankai" or go into shikai, it always sounds cool. If the ensuing affect is cool, it also can make up for what seems cheesy. In any case, I doubt they would say the elements the same everytime they use it. It would depend on the situation and all that.

21Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I could see the roll call happening...twice. The first to test their power, and the second to call upon him at the part of the movie they need him most. But him sprouting out of the elements and saying his line...no matter how well it is said, people will think of the cheesy line.

22Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I could see the roll call happening...twice. The first to test their power, and the second to call upon him at the part of the movie they need him most. But him sprouting out of the elements and saying his line...no matter how well it is said, people will think of the cheesy line.

I really think they could get away with it. Like Dr. Wade said, when they call things out in Bleach (and other anime) it doesn't sound cheesy. I know those are animated shows, but still. Also, take the recent Wonder Twins episode of Smallville. The twins yelled out "Powers Activate" before using the powers, and I don't think that sounded cheesy.

23Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:02 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Powers activate" is a simple command, so it flows, but "With your power combined, I am Captain Planet," sounds overly-dramatic.

24Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:"Powers activate" is a simple command, so it flows, but "With your power combined, I am Captain Planet," sounds overly-dramatic.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because I think it would sound fine.

25Let's Get Serious Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because I think it would sound fine.
And knowing is half the battle. Wink Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum