Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's Get Serious

+2
BlueMaxx
Spider_Fan14
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

seriosuly, can we get back to reimagining videogames, cartoons and stuff for comics and stop the capt. planet monoply going on now for abit please?

27Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because I think it would sound fine.
And knowing is half the battle. Wink Laughing

Laughing

I'm actually glad they threw that in the GI Joe movie.

28Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OMG! They did? Rolling Eyes

Spider_Fan14 wrote:seriosuly, can we get back to reimagining videogames, cartoons and stuff for comics and stop the capt. planet monoply going on now for abit please?
Fair enough.

Jak & Daxter. In the same vein as Sonic, with the animalistic characters and the source of the planet's life, Eco. Could be fun stuff. They're more human looking, so they'd be more relatable characters. Could work.

29Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:OMG! They did? Rolling Eyes

Spider_Fan14 wrote:seriosuly, can we get back to reimagining videogames, cartoons and stuff for comics and stop the capt. planet monoply going on now for abit please?
Fair enough.

Jak & Daxter. In the same vein as Sonic, with the animalistic characters and the source of the planet's life, Eco. Could be fun stuff. They're more human looking, so they'd be more relatable characters. Could work.
thanks Maxx, i don't mean to bring down the hammer too hard but it has been alittle off topic for abit.

30Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:50 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think someone may have said this in the old thread, but Mighty Max is such a solid premise, that it may work well. Toyline turned cartoon turned videogame turned vaguely remembered nostalgia. Could work.
Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Adventures_of_Mighty_Max_GEN_ScreenShot1

31Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:10 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

been sitting on this for awhile;
Hanna Barbera Universe

It'd be a massive line of comic books that connects the following action/detective/fantasy shows cohesively: Jonny Quest, Scooby Doo, Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, The Impossibles, Space Ghost, Birdman, Frankenstein Jr, Galaxy Trio, Josie and the Pussycats, Devlin, Funky Phantom, Super Friends, Arabian Knights, Hong Knog Phooey, Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels, Godzilla and Atom Ant and some updates like;
They may take place in either the '60s or modern time (exception to AK since its ancient middle east), Charlie Chan would be a bit more gruffer like Liam Neeson's guy from Taken and the kids could be a burdon on a small scale some cases with one getting killed or crippled from one case, ect. i'll get more down but its getting late for me, sorry.

32Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's sort of like Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, but with a serious take. I think it could work if it didn't have any of the anthropomorphic characters, and Scooby. They'd be hard to pull off. But ya, with all the mystery solvers, that might work. Even Funky Phantom could fit into that.

33Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:03 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ That's sort of like Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, but with a serious take. I think it could work if it didn't have any of the anthropomorphic characters, and Scooby. They'd be hard to pull off. But ya, with all the mystery solvers, that might work. Even Funky Phantom could fit into that.
no, i'd leave them in since it'd be normal to them like how Brian is on Family Guy where no one notices he's a taking dog.

34Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:04 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hrm. I guess. Scooby is a dog that talks, while Hong Kong Phooey is an anthropomorphic dog, so that'd be weird. But, Disney does it with Pluto and Goofy...but that is a kiddie concept. Even with DBZ, the animal people were usually for comic relief. It'd be hard to pull off.

35Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:52 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Hrm. I guess. Scooby is a dog that talks, while Hong Kong Phooey is an anthropomorphic dog, so that'd be weird. But, Disney does it with Pluto and Goofy...but that is a kiddie concept. Even with DBZ, the animal people were usually for comic relief. It'd be hard to pull off.
Underdog was a shoeboy and no one noticed he or his love interest Polly Purebred the reporter were dogs. I just kinda let anthropomrphic animals be part of that reality like how common criminals take the guise of mythological beings and costumed villains are as common as crack dealers.

36Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hrm. I'm starting to wrap my head around your concept. Could work pretty well, actually.

37Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Hrm. I'm starting to wrap my head around your concept. Could work pretty well, actually.
thanks Smile . Also if i was doing a second line of HB i'd make a humor series with the different antrhos like Yogi and the like.

38Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:58 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

you know a movie i would love to see be redone would be Fahrenheit 451... It was a book by Ray Bradbury, but the book was great with some dark over tones..... man it could be made into a gritty movie very quickly.... unlike the 1960s movie that was just blah

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

39Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:you know a movie i would love to see be redone would be Fahrenheit 451... It was a book by Ray Bradbury, but the book was great with some dark over tones..... man it could be made into a gritty movie very quickly.... unlike the 1960s movie that was just blah
what was it about?

40Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i've been catching up on this show "SWAT Kats" on boomerang network and i really love it, the style mostly. I would put them in my first cohesive universe definatly.

41Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:36 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was thinking that that show has its dramatizations, but can be stylized more for a comicbook. Also, it is in its own cat-world, so I'm not too sure it'd go with the Hanna-Barbara world you were thinking of. Like the Space Ghost comic.

42Let's Get Serious - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Get Serious Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I was thinking that that show has its dramatizations, but can be stylized more for a comicbook. Also, it is in its own cat-world, so I'm not too sure it'd go with the Hanna-Barbara world you were thinking of. Like the Space Ghost comic.
True, but the city could be the capital city for the anthros of the HB world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum