Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

40 year old virgin pro geek or anti geek?

+3
BlueMaxx
Ska
kidspider2099
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On hand i think 40 year old virgin is kinda anti-geek. Andy is geek and in the course of the movie he sells and toys and geeky stuff to become normal and get the girl.

at the same time it does highlight geeks and show they are good decent people a little off social wise but not bad.

I enjoy the movie i just think its kinda anti-geek.

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never saw the movie all the way though. It's not my kind of humor. I thought it was shitty that he had to sell all his toys.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I never saw the movie all the way though. It's not my kind of humor. I thought it was shitty that he had to sell all his toys.

is there any girl that really like dick and fart jokes? i don't think girls dig that sorta stuff.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ There's plenty out there. Laughing On here, in fact. Ska, I'd say, is the exception. Course there is a line of how much saturation from said jokes. But that goes for anybody.

As far as the movie? Not so much. If you remember, the guys came over and during the Mortal Kombat scene, it came off as this mutual thing. They talked about movies, like Bourne Identity and such. I don't think it was a knock towards geeks or nerds or what have you, just accenting this guys decent into loneliness over the years. And ya, sure, the comics, toys, and other nerdy paraphernalia was going stereotypical with the easy laugh at times, but I don't think that was the goal. If anything, you should roll your eyes at stupid films like Revenge of the Nerds and pretty much any depiction of nerds in 80s movies.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I don't think it was anti at all. It showed the positive aspects of geeks, but also told them that sometimes they need to give up on their hobbies to get happiness/love/family/The Ultimate Dream. Selling the collection was Andy's way of moving on. He gave up on his stuff, but it didn't mean he's no longer a geek or will not start the collection again, perhaps smaller.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mad Hey, I do too like fart jokes. I pinned Kerouac down and farted on him one time. It was awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:Mad Hey, I do too like fart jokes. I pinned Kerouac down and farted on him one time. It was awesome.

*Puts hands in front of chest, doing a pushing motion with a worried look on face.*

Technically that isn't a joke, though. That's just being a bully. neutral

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's neither.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:It's neither.

Exactamundo.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
Ska wrote:I never saw the movie all the way though. It's not my kind of humor. I thought it was shitty that he had to sell all his toys.

is there any girl that really like dick and fart jokes? i don't think girls dig that sorta stuff.

Those are my favorite kind of jokes...that and sex jokes Laughing

I loved 40 Year Old Virgin it is one of my favorite movies. I think it played into a lot of stereotypes, but overall it was a good movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum