Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alice (2009 Syfy Mini)

+7
MillionDollarGeek
comicgeekelly
Spaced4SimonPegg
Nymn
Captain Painway
Ska
BlueMaxx
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:03 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Starts Sun. @ 9 PM (EST) and has 2 encores.

It's a reimagining, like Tin Man, which I liked, so it looks like fun.
Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Alice-syfy

Episode 2 plays the next night, Mon. @ 9PM, so it won't drag across two weeks.

2Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:09 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OMG, I want to see this. No cable. ;_;

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

3Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hulu will probably have it. Smile

4Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:30 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tin Man was phenomenal, so I'm going to be expecting the same from Alice. Tim Curry and Colm Meaney make this one even better already! Frank N. Furter and O'Brien? thumbs up

It still won't be as awesome as the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland will be, though.

http://likeitderby.com

5Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:31 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Hmmm, mmmmmmaybe. I have a bunch of episodes of shows I still haven't gotten around to watching yet. I suppose I could just download it and check it out whenever.

6Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I might give this a view..it looks pretty good.

7Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:12 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wanted to watch this, but I'm not a fan of the time slots. I'll try to find it on Demand on somewhere online.

8Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:39 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Im watching both. Dont know if I should watch it back to back on Tuesday or just watch it tonight and tomorrow night.

9Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

So who's playing Flo?

10Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:Tin Man was phenomenal, so I'm going to be expecting the same from Alice. Tim Curry and Colm Meaney make this one even better already! Frank N. Furter and O'Brien? thumbs up
It still won't be as awesome as the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland will be, though.
Oh, definitely not. But Syfy knew they had to get this in before that movie came out.

The best adaptation I've seen of it was from NBC in '99 when I was a kid. This should be fun, though.

MillionDollarGeek wrote:Im watching both. Dont know if I should watch it back to back on Tuesday or just watch it tonight and tomorrow night.
Heh, that's my same situation. I'm thinking of watching this episode tomorrow, before the 2nd one, or maybe at 1AM, but I can't decide.

Debaser77 wrote:So who's playing Flo?
Sorry, my memory is hazy. Is that a flower from the giant garden? Or is that the lady with The Duchess...? scratch

11Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed the first half. So good to see Andrew Lee Potts on American TV, hopefuly he'll show up more after this.

12Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:33 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved the concept and I thought it was nice to look at..but I thought the lead was a little weak, but always glad to see Tim Curry and Kathy Bates.

13Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are SO fucking old it makes MY bones hurt to be around you.

14Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Mnemosis wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are SO fucking old it makes MY bones hurt to be around you.

It's true.

Oh, and Bluemaxx, Flo was a character on the 1970's sitcom Alice who made "Kiss Mah Grits" a national catch phrase. I was unaware of Syfy's Alice until I read this thread. I'll probably keep an eye out for the eventual marathon and DVR it.

15Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh. Laughing I see.

I dug the first episode. Cool stuff. Seems they went The Prisoner route and are putting 2 episodes back to back.

16Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved this miniseries. So much better than I expected it to be. The ending made me happy.

17Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The 2nd half was better than the 1st...I wouldn't mind watching it in a complete run...I might have a better opinion of it.

18Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:30 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I watched the first half Sunday, and then watched the whole thing last night. I thought it was really slow but finally picked up towards the end. Great cast and the images were sweet.

Overall it was a nice reinvention and now I'm ready for Tim Burtons version.

19Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ There were some slow moments. Me thinks that it was supposed to be 4 episodes over the course of 4 weeks and got crammed together, so it didn't flow a well as it could have?

Still thought it was a good sign for Syfy and made-for-tv movies and miniseries. I know Syfy is considered the King of Made-For-TV Movies, and, likewise, are renowned for the lowest quality when it comes to their quantity compared to other networks. But it seems they are getting a little better each year.

comicgeekelly wrote:I loved this miniseries. So much better than I expected it to be. The ending made me happy.
Same here. That's how I felt about Tin Man. And yes, that happy ending got me like the sucker that I am. I usually don't like the cliche, but the entire mini I was waiting for Ken Doll, Prince Charming to give Alice a reason to not be with that plastic-haired douche. Heh. I'm lame.

But ya, back to what I was saying with FroZen, I'd be happy if they'd go for another reinvention. Maybe Neverland or Slumberland? Those are both in public space (I think that's the term.). Just think, if that were the case with Neverland, Peter Pan would be The Adversary in Willingham's Fables.

20Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Didnt like this one much at all. I read reviews in TV Guide that said "watch at your own risk" lol so I wasnt expecting much. My friend taped it and we watched most of it. Veeeeeeery slow and banks on the spooky look of the show with very little dialogue at times.

I liked the way most of the stuff looked but overall this was a turd. Go rent Tin Man if u want to see this when it was done right.

21Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:31 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I totally agree that TinMan was way better. Hell, after watching Alice I think I'll re-watch TinMan this weekend.

22Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

FroZen wrote:I totally agree that TinMan was way better. Hell, after watching Alice I think I'll re-watch TinMan this weekend.

Yeah I figure SYFY has been working on this since Tin Man came out and was so popular. ACtually Tin Man was the most watched event in the channels history.

Anyway can be compared to the revamped Bionic Woman which came on the heels of Battlestar and had most of the same suits running it. Katee Sackhoff was the only good thing about that show.

23Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Empty Re: Alice (2009 Syfy Mini) Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:31 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Wow, didn't know that. I thought Earthsea was their biggest.

I had fun with it. I mean, I'm less prone to dislike weak F/X when it is a tv show. And, being a mini, it beats the heck out of a lot o'crap. It did seem like there was a good bit of wasted talent, especially with Tim Curry. I'd still be up for more reinventions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum