Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smackdown moves to SyFy

+2
ChrisToPhenom
Fresh03
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1271183183.shtml

It was rumored all day, but the WWE just made the offical announcement.

October 1st SyFy is Smackdown's new home.

Not sure what to make of the move, it's a great thing for SyFy because most viewers will follow it immediately, but then you're also taking it off of free network TV and you'll loose the non cable having viewers.

2Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:31 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:http://www.gerweck.net/news/1271183183.shtml

It was rumored all day, but the WWE just made the offical announcement.

October 1st SyFy is Smackdown's new home.

Not sure what to make of the move, it's a great thing for SyFy because most viewers will follow it immediately, but then you're also taking it off of free network TV and you'll loose the non cable having viewers.

This. I feel the same about Conan's new move.

Smackdown moves to SyFy Ditto-787902

3Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah, that's my main concern, I'm not sure the percentage of Americans that don't have cable or the expanded basic like SyFy falls under in my area, but if it's any sort of decent percentage, i.e. 10-15% that's allot of viewers to loose automatically, add in the percentage of knuckleheads that won't be able to find it, don't want to bother, or whatever other excuse people find for their laziness and Smackdown could take quite a hit.

I think it's a coup for SyFy, although I don't even want to imagine how much they had to pay to get Smackdown, Friday's their big programing night and Smackdown is pretty much guaranteed to become their highest rated weekly show bar none, so adding it as a lead in program to their already strong line up is a great move.

Like anything it's got its pluses and minuses and only time will tell who this benefits the most.

4Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

what channel is that on direct tv?

5Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still dont understand why wrestling is on the syfy (ugh...i hate that spelling) channel. I have nothing against wrestling, I actully used to be a huge follower of it, now I am more of a casual one, but I really dont understand why it has to be on the sci-fi channel.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

6Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I still dont understand why wrestling is on the syfy (ugh...i hate that spelling) channel. I have nothing against wrestling, I actully used to be a huge follower of it, now I am more of a casual one, but I really dont understand why it has to be on the sci-fi channel.
oh ok Sci-fi. thanks

7Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:24 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is a stupid move because less people will watch it on Friday on cable TV.

8Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I still dont understand why wrestling is on the syfy (ugh...i hate that spelling) channel. I have nothing against wrestling, I actually used to be a huge follower of it, now I am more of a casual one, but I really dont understand why it has to be on the sci-fi channel.

I believe it's because the same corporation owns USA, NBC, and SyFy so the WWE has an agreement to produce programing for all of their channels, hence once they moved back to USA all of a sudden ECW pops up, they start doing Saturday Night Mainevent again, and Tribute to the Troops gets moved to NBC.

Once the contract with the CW ran out it was inevitable that Smackdown would move to one of those three stations.

9Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, just read on aint it cool news that when this happens, the origianl programming they currently have on friday nights will be moving to Tuesdays. Due to what thenetwors show on tuesday nights which are usually bigger hitters then they air on friday nights, i see the ratings going lower for their origianl programming.

10Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:56 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

so wait... if WWE films Smackdown on Tuesdays and air it on Fridays and will now be on Sci Fi on Tuesdays, does that mean they go live? Is ROH planning to have their own tv show on either Wednesdays - Fridays?

And what the hell is going on with TNA, haven't seen any of it since.... shit, I dont remember.

11Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MDG....lol, Smackdown will continue to air on Fridays, the original program that sci-fi currently airs on fridays is moving to Tuesdays, and TNA is on Monday nights.

12Smackdown moves to SyFy Empty Re: Smackdown moves to SyFy Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thanks for clearing that up for me. I feel safe now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum