Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

a waste of ten dollars

+8
prescribeddrone
Nymn
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Silent K
riv1
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
kidspider2099
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1a waste of ten dollars Empty a waste of ten dollars Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today i was finishing my christmas shopping for my family and i was doing a little shopping for myself I was at Fred meyer's looking at the cheap dvds and i saw a double feature of spies like us and nothing but trouble I've never seen spies like us so on a impulse i bought so i took it home i was going to watch it and to my horror the dvd case was empty there was no dvd. I got ripped off so now i gotta head back to fred meyer and get another copy. Big fun.

2a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, that sucks. I hate when things like that happen.

3a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:22 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I once spent 10 bucks on a bag of weed that turned out to be mostly stems. Fucking RIP off! a waste of ten dollars Mad

4a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

It's not really a waste of $10. You'll get the DVD replaced.

5a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:I once spent 10 bucks on a bag of weed that turned out to be mostly stems. Fucking RIP off! a waste of ten dollars Mad
In high school, I sold mostly a bag of stems to a freshmen as a thirty. neutral

I've been jipped before, too, though. Usually not that small a bag. You usually get your stuff pinched when you buy a larger bag.

Silent K wrote:It's not really a waste of $10. You'll get the DVD replaced.
Inconvenienced is the word he's looking for.

6a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

okay it was an inconvience at best.

7a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Still sucks. I remember being little and I bought Mega Man 8 at Gamestop and they didn't put it in. Called and they apologized because they had that one in stock and shipped it to me in the mail with a Mega Man t-shirt. So, it was kind of a win. Can't remember what the price was. It could've been 10 or 15 dollars.

8a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:39 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

17-18 years my dad bought a used VCR. One day we purchased a copy of what seems like something called Psycho Cop but instead was a recording of a post-apocalyptic horror film and Adventures in Babysitting. I didn't know the names of the movies back then and still don't know what the name of the first one was.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

9a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:02 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Psycho Cop sounds like a copy off of Maniac Cop. Yep, one year after.
Tomer Soiker wrote: One day we purchased a copy of what seems like something called Psycho Cop but instead was a recording of a post-apocalyptic horror film and Adventures in Babysitting. I didn't know the names of the movies back then and still don't know what the name of the first one was.
This should be fun to guess. Do you remember anything about the film?

10a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:27 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Oooohh, I'll guess! Was it called Hardware?

11a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I said I don't remember the name...

Although I recall watching it a lot, I don't remember much of it really. I'll see if my brother remembers anything, but I doubt it.

12a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:31 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:I once spent 10 bucks on a bag of weed that turned out to be mostly stems. Fucking RIP off! a waste of ten dollars Mad

Indeed. That's even worse than having no DVD Very Happy

I remember buying a rare import CD for like 30 bucks and there was nothing inside. I'm glad I opened it right after I left the store otherwise it would have been harder to convince them I'm telling the truth.

13a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I said I don't remember the name...

Although I recall watching it a lot, I don't remember much of it really. I'll see if my brother remembers anything, but I doubt it.
Hrm. Shucks. Ask him!

If the range is roughly around Adventures in Babysitting, then I'll guess that it is from roughly mid-80s to roughly 1990 for this P.A.W. movie, then I can come up with some guesses.

A Boy and His Dog?
Night of the Comet?
The Quiet Earth?
1990: The Bronx Warriors?
The Last Man on Earth?
2019: After the Fall of New York?
The New Barbarians?
Warriors of the Lost World?
Wheels of Fire?
Steel Dawn? (You'd probably remember Swayze though.)
Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
Hell Comes to Frogtown?
American Cyborg: Steel Warrior?
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn?
Cherry 2000?
Deathsport?

And no, half this list I have not seen. But I'd like to. Even if they're cornball. Something about the 80s and its generation's fascination with Post-Apocalyptic Worlds.

14a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

not as bad as just tipping a stripper and not getting a lapdance.......

man was i young then

15a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

My brother don't even know what I'm talking about...

Now, I'm not even sure the box was of Psycho Cop. The title was similar, I think, but it had the upper body of a black man in police uniform over a city. Never heard of it before or after.

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reminder to self: Don't forget it's BBCode and not HTML)

16a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Okay, a few moments ago it jumped to my head that the title had something to do with "class", and that it was set in the future (future to the early '90s).

I'm %100 this is the movie I remembered, Class of 1999: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099277/

Now I want to know what was the movie on the cover...

(Thanks to anyone who tried helping me remember.)

17a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:33 am

Lewis Black is Sabertooth

Lewis Black is Sabertooth
Ninja
Ninja

Tell your mom i want a refund

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.moutrey

18a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Okay, a few moments ago it jumped to my head that the title had something to do with "class", and that it was set in the future (future to the early '90s).

I'm %100 this is the movie I remembered, Class of 1999: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099277/

Now I want to know what was the movie on the cover...

(Thanks to anyone who tried helping me remember.)

Man, from the way you described the cover I'm almost certain the artwork was from Maniac Cop:

a waste of ten dollars Image110

19a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:

A Boy and His Dog?
Night of the Comet?
The Quiet Earth?
1990: The Bronx Warriors?
The Last Man on Earth?
2019: After the Fall of New York?
The New Barbarians?
Warriors of the Lost World?
Wheels of Fire?
Steel Dawn? (You'd probably remember Swayze though.)
Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
Hell Comes to Frogtown?
American Cyborg: Steel Warrior?
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn?
Cherry 2000?
Deathsport?

Wow...helluva list. I've seen them all except for Hell comes to Frogtown and Wheels of Fire.

20a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

FroZen wrote:
Man, from the way you described the cover I'm almost certain the artwork was from Maniac Cop:

a waste of ten dollars Image110
Could be... Way I remember, it was a photographed black-skinned cop and only his upper body was shown over the city's skyline. And it was dark with burning light coming from one direction.

21a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Correction: I remembered it a bit wrong and thanks to your suggestion, FroZen, I think I've found what I was looking for:

a waste of ten dollars Maniacop2-poster

He does look black-skinned despite the shading (I'm still not sure he isn't)... and most of his body is seen, not just the upper body. As you can see, it's not a photo.

Can't believe I found it after all those years...

22a waste of ten dollars Empty Re: a waste of ten dollars Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Correction: I remembered it a bit wrong and thanks to your suggestion, FroZen, I think I've found what I was looking for:

a waste of ten dollars Maniacop2-poster

He does look black-skinned despite the shading (I'm still not sure he isn't)... and most of his body is seen, not just the upper body. As you can see, it's not a photo.

Can't believe I found it after all those years...

This movie's a gem.

Bruce Campbell as a cop versus a killer zombie cop??

Yes, please.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum