Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Golden Globes

+13
superdoug
melvinlikechris
Thundermatts
comicgeekelly
MikeSabian
jaydee74
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
Spaced4SimonPegg
Administrator
Combo Mo
Debaser77
(._Y_.)
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:26 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Whilst I don't agree that Avatar should've won best picture, I can't say The Hurt Locker was any more deserving. Whilst it was a good film, it was set-piece after set-piece all with a similar feel. It was a great film, don't get me wrong, but wasn't Best Picture quality. I thought IB should've won it (though I am yet to see (and have high hopes for) Up in the Air).

27Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

(._Y_.) wrote:James Cameron seems like such a pompous douche. I really like all of his movies, but can't stand the guy. Just because a movie made the most money, doesn't mean it's the best movie. Anything with Michelle Rodriquez in it, should NOT win best picture. I haven't seen The Hurt Locker yet, but I'll watch it before the Oscars for sure. Inglorious Basterds was only alright in my opinion.
I hate Michelle Rodriguez, but judging a whole movie just because she had a supporting part in it? Eh... I even tolerated her in this role.

(._Y_.) wrote:Also Mad Men? Wtf? Does anyone even watch that show?
I watch and love Mad Men. I'm surprised it didn't take acting awards, but Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow deserved their awards nonetheless, while their show didn't.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

28Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:54 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:Also Mad Men? Wtf? Does anyone even watch that show?

I don't watch it on AMC (my poor DVR has enough to contend with as it is), but I have the first two seasons on Blu-Ray and love it. It's a fantastic show that never quite seems to go the way you're expecting it to. You should really check it out.

29Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:08 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:James Cameron seems like such a pompous douche. I really like all of his movies, but can't stand the guy.

I feel the same way way about Tanratino, that guy is so irritaing

on the contrary, I love James Cameron

30Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:09 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:James Cameron seems like such a pompous douche. I really like all of his movies, but can't stand the guy.

My sentiments exactly. tongue

31Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm thinking Precious or Hurt Locker is being saved for Oscars. Golden Globes has always come off as consolation prize when it comes to movies, IMHO. Christoph Waltz better when Best Supporting, though. That guy was frickin' awesome as Hans Landa.

32Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MikeSabian wrote:"I like a drink as much as the next man... unless that man is Mel Gibson!"
I saw that. I'm wondering if that was improv on Gervais' part. Gibson seemed a bit uncomfortable.

33Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:

I'm not a huge Taratino fan as well. I like his movies but I can't stand listening to the man.

34Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

BlueMaxx wrote:I'm thinking Precious or Hurt Locker is being saved for Oscars. Golden Globes has always come off as consolation prize when it comes to movies, IMHO.

95% of the time, whatever wins the Globe for Best Picture - Drama wins Best Picture at the Oscars. Plus, all of Hollywood is all gaga over Cameron.

35Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:I'm thinking Precious or Hurt Locker is being saved for Oscars. Golden Globes has always come off as consolation prize when it comes to movies, IMHO.

95% of the time, whatever wins the Globe for Best Picture - Drama wins Best Picture at the Oscars. Plus, all of Hollywood is all gaga over Cameron.

Historically speaking, this is true.

36Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:

Just in case anyone was wondering:

Supporting Actor: 13 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Supporting Actress: 12 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Actor: 15 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Actress: 19 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Director: 16 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Picture: 17 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar

37Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:08 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:that list is huge... can someone sum it in one word please?

Thundermatts wrote:AWARDS!

melvinlikechris wrote:that'll do nicely thankyou
Rolling Eyes If only this smiley was frowning, it'd be perfect.

38Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I'll check out Madmen.

39Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:12 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:

Cameron seems like a nice guy to me.

Tarantino seems like a lot of my friends rolled up into one person, so personally I like him. Also I have a lot of the same opinions on film that he does.

40Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:21 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Cameron seems like a good guy. I've never met anyone who disliked Tarantino until WUMB and here. Like you said, he's got a lot of my opinions, or how I'd explain things/have a conversation with word usage. Now, don't get me wrong, his persona can be overbearing at times, coming off as annoying. Hence the parodies of the guy on sketch comedies.

He still makes some of the best movie commentary as far as I'm concerned.

jaydee74 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:

Combo Mo wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:

Just in case anyone was wondering:

Supporting Actor: 13 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Supporting Actress: 12 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Actor: 15 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Actress: 19 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Director: 16 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Picture: 17 of the last 24 Globe winners won the Oscar
Well, damn. Heh. Crow-foot in mouth-hole. Cameron did give the studios one and a half billion, double what they spent. So, being a good investment, I wouldn't scoff if he won.

41Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Celeb Journalists....you figure before they write something they would know all the facts! Mad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/6989229/Dexter-star-Michael-C-Hall-diagnosed-with-cancer.html

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

42Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Spider-Man wrote:Celeb Journalists....you figure before they write something they would know all the facts! Mad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/6989229/Dexter-star-Michael-C-Hall-diagnosed-with-cancer.html

???

Are you talking about the story about the NY Post writer who tweeted about his hat?

43Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:38 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:Celeb Journalists....you figure before they write something they would know all the facts! Mad

???

Are you talking about the story about the NY Post writer who tweeted about his hat?

yep

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

44Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

You linked the wrong story, bud.

45Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Globes Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not much into awards shows, but I'm happy The Hangover, Robert Downey Jr., and Meryl Streep won.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum