Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

a belief in santa claus

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
riv1
krpykrwly
Denim
dmahoney
supervenom
BlueMaxx
The Ignored One
Ska
kidspider2099
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1a belief in santa claus Empty a belief in santa claus Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:47 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

as a kid i never believed in santa clause mainly cause my parents told me and brother that they gave us gifts and not santa. Our house isn't anti-santa we doo have santa decorations including santa doll thats one of a kind. I never even visited santa as kid at the mall.

as a kid do you believe in santa?

2a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I believed in Santa, and I turned out fine. I can't stand some people that are like "lying to children can damage them forever!!!". Maintain some of the goddamn magic of the season! It's always the people who did believe in Santa at one point that are all "oh, you shouldn't lie to kids". Well, you liked Santa and you turned out fine!!! If you're still having sleepless nights because your parents lied to you about Santa, go jump off a bridge. People are going to grow up and have to deal with a world that is shitty anyways, you might as well enjoy some of the magic as a kid while you can. I appreciate my parents doing what they did to make my Christmas fun: getting letters back from Santa, cookies being half eaten on the mantle, and all my presents addressed "To: Kristin, From: Santa". My mom would even go as far as to change her handwriting style for my letters from Santa.

I also believed in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. I remember just before Easter morning one year, I woke up, and my mom was still up and heard me. She shouted "Hey Easter Bunny!" and I ran out hoping to see him, but she said he was just hopping away. And I always got a dollar from the tooth fairy. I always hated my mom for trying to yank my tooth out for me though. -__-

Sorry for getting all wound up about it. Long story short, let kids be kids dammit. To some degree, I bet we all wish we still were kids. Ignorance is bliss.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

3a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

My dad got drunk and told me there was no Santa when I was 4.

I'm kinda doing the same thing with my kid. I'm going to tell him that Santa is made up, and everyone that gives him presents works very hard to make the money to provide him with those presents. I'm also gonna make sure somehow he doesn't ruin it for other kids, how, I don't know yet.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

4a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's a way to do things. Helps build your kids empathy and understanding in social situations.

Ska wrote:My mom would even go as far as to change her handwriting style for my letters from Santa.

I also believed in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.
Don't think I ever believed in the Easter Bunny. Can't remember. I remember the Tooth Fairy, and it was kind of creepy imagining that when I fell asleep someone would be standing over me, reaching under my pillow. I remember my dad would always put a bunch of pennies under my pillow, which made me realize it was him. I guess he thought I was stupid and would think that was more money. Rolling Eyes Laughing I remember thinking that I couldn't even put them in the machines to get a sticky-hand or something stupid like that. Ha!

5a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

no but I do believe in Tom cruise. scarrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! Shocked

6a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:25 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ He's out there. Trust me, I've seen him. Couldn't get my camera to focus in time, though. Like every bad ufo or bigfoot footage. *sigh*
a belief in santa claus Tom-cruise-nut

7a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Santa: yes
Easter Bunny: no
Tooth Fairy: no
Tom Cruise: no

8a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have something I am posting on Christmas Eve here that will fill warmness into everyone's hearts. I hope

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

9a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:12 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It better, my heart of ice has be "Ba-humbugging" every breath. dry

10a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:15 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My eldest kid knows and has been threatened with grievous bodily harm if she tells her younger brother or sister.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

11a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:17 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ My brother told me. I think mom and dad asked him to, but he totally had fun with crushing it for me.

12a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:00 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i did believe in the tooth fairy till my mom who acted as the tooth fairy tripped over a toy gun we had on the floor.

13a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:05 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ He's out there. Trust me, I've seen him. Couldn't get my camera to focus in time, though. Like every bad ufo or bigfoot footage. *sigh*
a belief in santa claus Tom-cruise-nut
oh shit you lucky duck! Where have you been looking? I've been searching the foothills of the South Dakota badlands. all I found was a piece of lint and Michael Richards.

14a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ lol! Michael Richards? Heh. Gold!

15a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:48 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I believed when i was a kid.

i think as a parent you should never tell your kids Santa's not real. It's something they should figure out themselves.

16a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:as a kid i never believed in santa clause mainly cause my parents told me and brother that they gave us gifts and not santa. Our house isn't anti-santa we doo have santa decorations including santa doll thats one of a kind. I never even visited santa as kid at the mall.

as a kid do you believe in santa?

Short answer: No

Long answer: I don't think I ever truly believed in Santa, just allowed myself to participate in the rituals (leaving out the cookies and milk) for whatever reason (I would end up eating the cookies myself sometimes). Kind of like play-acting or something, if that makes sense. The same goes for everything else. The idea seemed nice but it seemed nonsensical to me, especially when often I would go shopping with may parents when they bought my gifts. Rarely did I get a gift I was not expecting often it was something I had been eyeing for some time (like a game system or a game).

17a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:58 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

From the recent issue of Mad (#502):

a belief in santa claus 5b8b2e

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

18a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:14 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kid spider also doesn't belive in using a as a word.

tongue

19a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Kid spider also doesn't belive in using a as a word.

tongue

nope and i don't believe in columbus either.

20a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:03 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:From the recent issue of Mad (#502):

a belief in santa claus 5b8b2e
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

21a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ lol! Michael Richards? Heh. Gold!
thank you thank you. I'll be at the Hilton next wednesday. *bows* Wink

22a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:00 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nope never believed in anything like Santa or Easter Bunny. My parents were the ones who thought that was lying to my brother and I. My son believed in Santa until this year when he just flat out told us that Santa wasn't real. I'm pretty sure the kids at school or one of his friends broke the news to him. He wasn't upset at all though. I kinda think he's known for a while but has just been playing along for his mothers sake.

23a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I totally believed in Santa with all my heart when i was a kid...
I wish i could be a kid again...everything was so simple and magical.

Ska wrote:Yeah, I believed in Santa, and I turned out fine. I can't stand some people that are like "lying to children can damage them forever!!!". Maintain some of the goddamn magic of the season! It's always the people who did believe in Santa at one point that are all "oh, you shouldn't lie to kids". Well, you liked Santa and you turned out fine!!! If you're still having sleepless nights because your parents lied to you about Santa, go jump off a bridge. People are going to grow up and have to deal with a world that is shitty anyways, you might as well enjoy some of the magic as a kid while you can. I appreciate my parents doing what they did to make my Christmas fun: getting letters back from Santa, cookies being half eaten on the mantle, and all my presents addressed "To: Kristin, From: Santa". My mom would even go as far as to change her handwriting style for my letters from Santa.
thumbs up

24a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:Nope never believed in anything like Santa or Easter Bunny. My parents were the ones who thought that was lying to my brother and I. My son believed in Santa until this year when he just flat out told us that Santa wasn't real. I'm pretty sure the kids at school or one of his friends broke the news to him. He wasn't upset at all though. I kinda think he's known for a while but has just been playing along for his mothers sake.

The first grader's almost there?

Last year: "Why's Santa have the same kind of wrapping paper we do?"

I guess I could give more Christmas effort but I can't help that I'm a Halloween guy. king

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

25a belief in santa claus Empty Re: a belief in santa claus Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:59 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
FroZen wrote:Nope never believed in anything like Santa or Easter Bunny. My parents were the ones who thought that was lying to my brother and I. My son believed in Santa until this year when he just flat out told us that Santa wasn't real. I'm pretty sure the kids at school or one of his friends broke the news to him. He wasn't upset at all though. I kinda think he's known for a while but has just been playing along for his mothers sake.

The first grader's almost there?

Last year: "Why's Santa have the same kind of wrapping paper we do?"

I guess I could give more Christmas effort but I can't help that I'm a Halloween guy. king

Kids are just too damn smart nowadays. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum