Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Fandom Deserves an Expanded Universe Through Comics?

+12
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Velociraptor DJ
Tom
AlienIncognito
Spider_Fan14
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
Goof
The Ignored One
potatojoe
kidspider2099
BlueMaxx
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like Star Wars, Conan/Red Sonja, Buffy, and so many more, what fandom of some other medium--tv/movies, books, videogames, etc.--would be cool to have as a comic series or set of comic mini/maxiseries and/or one-shots?

I'll throw Bryan Fuller-verse out there since it may be happening with Pushing Daisies. But I'd love for Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me to get at least a mini and maybe crossover into the upcoming Pushing Daisies comic, that'll most likely be a mini to finish the tv-show. And I don't mean it as a Whedon-verse, it actually fits because references to his first two shows are made in Pushing Daisies, which may imply that they are in the same universe.
What Fandom Deserves an Expanded Universe Through Comics? Bryanfuller

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Like Star Wars, Conan/Red Sonja, Buffy, and so many more, what fandom of some other medium--tv/movies, books, videogames, etc.--would be cool to have as a comic series or set of comic mini/maxiseries and/or one-shots?

I'll throw Bryan Fuller-verse out there since it may be happening with Pushing Daisies. But I'd love for Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me to get at least a mini and maybe crossover into the upcoming Pushing Daisies comic, that'll most likely be a mini to finish the tv-show. And I don't mean it as a Whedon-verse, it actually fits because references to his first two shows are made in Pushing Daisies, which may imply that they are in the same universe.
What Fandom Deserves an Expanded Universe Through Comics? Bryanfuller

i'd say back to future.
or maybe farscape.

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mortal Kombat, Masters of The Universe and The Mario Bros

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Universal Monsters
Venture Brothers

All I could come up with for now.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sliders and somebody will probably do Heroes once it's finally cancelled.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
i'd say back to future.
or maybe farscape.
potatojoe wrote:Mortal Kombat, Masters of The Universe and The Mario Bros
The Ignored One wrote:Universal Monsters
Those all have had comic series. Dark Horse did Universal Monsters specifically, let alone the various incarnations of their characters from other publishers, specifically Marvel's integration of all of them into the main universe in one form or another.
Back to the Future seems to have just redid the films, though. But Farscape, Mortal Kombat, He-Man, and Mario have all had at least a short-lived comic series.

I know, they could keep going with it, but I don't know.

I know Midway did one game with DC, so they vaguely have a license. I wouldn't mind a Mortal Kombat, through DC, comic or something...maybe.

The Ignored One wrote:
Venture Brothers
This one's gold. I'm surprised they haven't done a mini, honestly.

Goof wrote:Sliders and somebody will probably do Heroes once it's finally cancelled.
Heroes has an e-comic that has been running with it since the show's start.

Sliders is a really, really good one. Even if they feel they need to revamp. But ya, how are the viewers supposed to know how many worlds they've been on. The show that inspired Exiles needs one. (It also needs the 5th season to be released on dvd. angry)

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What about Lost? Or for that matter an Abrams-verse of Lost, Alias and Fringe?

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:What about Lost? Or for that matter an Abrams-verse of Lost, Alias and Fringe?
Now we're talkin'! I've heard Lost and Fringe could possibly be in the same universe, even though I've heard denial from the creators. This could be pretty cool.

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Veronica Mars. Just because I want to see Kristin Bell in a bikini again.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Like Star Wars, Conan/Red Sonja, Buffy, and so many more, what fandom of some other medium--tv/movies, books, videogames, etc.--would be cool to have as a comic series or set of comic mini/maxiseries and/or one-shots?

i'll buy it since i loved pushing daises even though it got screwed over by the writer's strike and ABC but the show's episode format doesn't really have an epic undertone of build-up like Buffy has so i'm not sure how well it'll go. Also i would like to see Pshyconauts get a exapanded universe since the guy who created it said no sequels will be made.

Last edited by Spider_Fan14 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didnt want the pic in)

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe someone will bring X-Files back but then again that ship has pretty much already sailed.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote: Also i would like to see Pshyconauts get a exapanded universe since the guy who created it said no sequels will be made.
I've always considered getting that game. If I see it, I'll definitely snatch it up now.

Goof wrote:Maybe someone will bring X-Files back but then again that ship has pretty much already sailed.
X-Files has a bunch of comics (back-issue). They just had a mini from Wildstorm just last year.

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:

Goof wrote:Maybe someone will bring X-Files back but then again that ship has pretty much already sailed.
X-Files has a bunch of comics (back-issue). They just had a mini from Wildstorm just last year.

I didn't know DC/Wildstorm had the rights to X-Files. I thought Topps still owned them. Thanks for the info BlueMaxx! I'll have to check out the mini series.

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I second Veronica Mars. How about John Doe?

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

What about a tv series of Jar-Jar Bink?

thumbs up

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:What about Lost? Or for that matter an Abrams-verse of Lost, Alias and Fringe?
Now we're talkin'! I've heard Lost and Fringe could possibly be in the same universe, even though I've heard denial from the creators. This could be pretty cool.
Yeah I think you could pretty easily bring all three shows into the same comics universe even if they weren't meant to be that way in the tv shows. And there are such big shadowy groups and organisations in those shows that you could easily get some storylines and central themes running that interconnected all three worlds. I actually think it could be pretty damn good if done right. Also I don't think you'd have to hit us with all the main characters from those shows. Different people could pop up now and then but I could see a storyline that focussed on one or 2 (maybe some sort of conspiracy) which as it was explored more started to draw connections between the three worlds we've seen already.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That trifecta reminds me of Chris Carter-verse with X-Files, Lone Gunemen and Millennium. I'd say Lost would the their Millenium. Heh.

Tom wrote:What about a tv series of Jar-Jar Bink?thumbs up
No. And this is comics. And if he were given a comic, it should be a one-shot called Jar-Jar Binks: The End. Like Marvel. Now we need a thumbs up

Laughing

AlienIncognito wrote:How about John Doe?
YES! Loved that show. Too shortlived.

Speaking of shortlived shows that deserved more, how about Freakylinks. There are a bunch of that type of mystery solvings dealing with the paranormal: Hellboy/BPRD, Proof, Perhapanauts, Criminal Macabre, Goon--but I guess there could be room for one more.

Oh! Invisible Man (the series). Remember that show.
What Fandom Deserves an Expanded Universe Through Comics? The_invisible_man-show
Man, that was good stuff. Although, it did seem to take from Alex Mack. Ah, snap! Alex Mack. (Next stop, Serious thread. Wink )

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

AlienIncognito wrote:I second Veronica Mars. How about John Doe?

John Doe was awesome! I didn't like the damn ending they went with.

Also Fastlane would be awesome on comic book version. Tiffany Amber Thiessen as a cartoon. Yum!

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

I thought there were plans to make a Veronica Mars comic....I guess they've never gotten around to it. Crying or Very sad

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That seems to be the new thing to say when a tv show is getting cancelled or was cancelled. Weird. Firefly (Which does have minis.), Sarah Conner Chronicles, The Middleman, Pushing Daisies...but no show for the comics based on these shows.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Gargoyles. Yes I know they did one but I want a series that lasts for more than 10 issues.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Fair enough.

(Nice quote from Heart of Ice. An Emmy winner. Smile )

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Veronica Mars, Kyle XY.

Surprised no one has said Dollhouse.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I doubt Whedon and co. will anything to explore with the franchise after the last episode, but most of all I doubt he wants to continue with it in any form. He said everything he had to say about that world.

On the other hand, Buffy ended well (IMO) and seemed everyone including Whedon were good with that, yet there's the 8th season in the form of a comic book - so who knows?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Twisted Metal series I could easily see as a comicbook.
What Fandom Deserves an Expanded Universe Through Comics? Sweettoothconceptart_2
It has that concept that is able to reach for deep storytelling, with the wishing and amorality of the contenders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum