Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rogues Gallery Thread

+7
alucardbarnivous
shining knight
Joshua
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty The Rogues Gallery Thread Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Which character's rogues gallery is your favorite and why? Among them, who do you like the best and why? Who do you think has the best? The most difficult? The most diverse? Discuss! Discuss! Discuss! yes

2The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think its the rogues galleries of Batman and Spider-Man. They both have the most amount of creative and good character developed villains.

I'd say the X-Men's rogues gallery is up there too.

3The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman's rogue's gallery is my favorite (I know, shocker). I just love the psychological complexity of his villains. The Joker would be my favorite of his rogues (and my favorite comic villain in general). The Penguin comes in second, the Riddler in third, and Scarecrow in fourth. I also LOVE Black Mask, but I haven't had as much exposure to him as the others so he isn't as high.

The Flash's rogue's gallery is my second favorite. As with Batman's rogues Flash's are complex characters. I give the credit for my love of Flash's rogues to Geoff Johns. It was during his run that I came to love them. Captain Cold is definitely my favorite of Flash's rogues. He's also my second favorite DC villain.

Spider-Man's rogues are my third favorite. I just think he has a nice diverse set of villains and a lot of them are really cool. The Kingpin is my favorite of his villains (though I consider him more of a Daredevil villain) and he is also my favorite Marvel villain. After Kingpin I love Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, The Rhino, and Hobgoblin a lot. Sandman, Electro, and Venom are also cool. There are more I like but I don't want to list them all.

I'm liking Green Lantern's rogues more and more. I've always loved Sinestro, but with the birth of the other corps there are now tons of villains I love. I LOVE Atrocitus. I also love Arkillo, Larfleeze (though I don't know if you can really call him a villain), and the Black Hand (I didn't have exposure to him prior to Johns' run).

Superman has some rogues that I really like. Lex Luthor is awesome. I also love Metallo, Zod, Darkseid, and Parasite.

I think that the Fantastic Four have one awesome villain, and the rest are just meh. Doctor Doom is awesome.

The X-Men have a great rogue's gallery as well. Magneto would be my favorite, but I also love Sabretooth, Sebastian Shaw, Mystique, and many others.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

4The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:45 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kind of taking from Batman25's opinions, but adding some personal love.

1) Batman's - Guy has some of the most memorable and deep villains known to comics.

2) Flash's - Personal favorite of mine mixed with the classic, pulp-themed villains of yesteryear = win in my book.

3) Hellboy's - His "rogues" consist of all the evil from every mythology on Earth...ever. Now that's a rogues gallery!

4) Spider-Man's - Let's face it, the Webhead has some very memorable villains he plays around with. And heck, other Marvel villains are technically his villains too because his stomping ground is the whole of NYC, Marvel's Nexus of sorts.

5) X-Men - Quantity, quantity, quantity.

(I wanted to put Ghost Rider villains, but my personal love for the mantle was pushed aside by the logic of X-Men.)

5The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:35 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Kind of taking from Batman25's opinions, but adding some personal love.

1) Batman's - Guy has some of the most memorable and deep villains known to comics.

2) Flash's - Personal favorite of mine mixed with the classic, pulp-themed villains of yesteryear = win in my book.

3) Hellboy's - His "rogues" consist of all the evil from every mythology on Earth...ever. Now that's a rogues gallery!

4) Spider-Man's - Let's face it, the Webhead has some very memorable villains he plays around with. And heck, other Marvel villains are technically his villains too because his stomping ground is the whole of NYC, Marvel's Nexus of sorts.

5) X-Men - Quantity, quantity, quantity.

(I wanted to put Ghost Rider villains, but my personal love for the mantle was pushed aside by the logic of X-Men.)

You can talk about Ghost Rider villains. We never here enough about them anyways. This thread is pretty much an open forum on all Rogues. Laughing

6The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:12 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay...uh...Ghost Rider is mantle that trancends 2 decades to bring solid flow of continuity with a few hiccups that can easily be written aside. (Thank you, Jason Aaron. Wink What Dr. Strange touched on, Ghost Rider lived. All of Marvel's Hells, devils, demons, and dark deities go through this guy. He's fought them all from Mephisto, Blackheart, Satannish, Nightmare, Chthon, and many others. Not to mention the Lilin, a class of demon that are, with their diversity, on par with mutants mixed with Anne Rice vampires, in that they all have a specific ability and are all part of the same family under Lilith, Mother of All Demons. Blackout being one of the most famous. He's fought Spirits of Vengeance to mock-SoV and everything in between that spectrum of being. He's fought Death itself. Not the first appearance of the entity, Death, in Marvel, but the first one that took hold of it and made it appeal to Marvelites to later being incorporated into Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet and Marvel as a tangible, concept character.
Oddly, Ghost Rider was meant to be a mock-supernatural, villainous stuntman for Daredevil. The idea grew and was thrown into Marvel Spotlight #5 as a man who made a deal with the devil.

7The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never liked Flash villains. I think most of them are super lame and disproportionately powered compared to Flash to a ridiculous degree. Just my take.

8The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman, The Flash, Superman, X-men, Thor.

9The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:25 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The flash rogues are my faves I especially liked captain boomerang (the original one)and mirror master (the scottish one)

10The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I never liked Flash villains. I think most of them are super lame and disproportionately powered compared to Flash to a ridiculous degree. Just my take.
You just have to read the recent years' stuff. From Rogue Wars to now--the Rogues are frickin' badass. Some of the worst villains known. Oddly, because of their organization, the Rogues are a threat to be reckoned with.

11The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
You just have to read the recent years' stuff. From Rogue Wars to now--the Rogues are frickin' badass. Some of the worst villains known. Oddly, because of their organization, the Rogues are a threat to be reckoned with.

QFT.

12The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:I never liked Flash villains. I think most of them are super lame and disproportionately powered compared to Flash to a ridiculous degree. Just my take.
Meh I've given the recent stuff a try, just not my thing.

13The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fair enough. Flash mantle may be my favorite legacy mantle ever. ...jerk. Wink

14The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Fair enough. Flash mantle may be my favorite legacy mantle ever. ...jerk. Wink
Laughing I've just never been much of a Flash fan...sorry tongue

15The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:59 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Top 5:

5) Green Lantern
4) Dick Tracy
3) Batman
2) Spider-Man
1) Flash

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

16The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:15 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Top 5:

5) Green Lantern
4) Dick Tracy
3) Batman
2) Spider-Man
1) Flash

Some examples:

5) Green Lantern

Golden Age: Vandal Savage, Gambler, Solomon Grundy, Sportsmaster, Harlequin, and the Icicle (several go on to become JSA rogues).

Silver and Bronze Age: Sinestro, Star Sapphire, Dr. Polaris, Sonar, Hector Hammond, Shark, Black Hand, Evil Star, Tattooed Man, Manhunters, Major Disaster, Krona, Nekron, and Myrwhydden.

New Age: Effigy, Fatality, Sonar II, Major Force, Grayven, Nero, and Parallax.

Today: Cyborg Superman, Superboy Prime, Mongul, Sinestro Corps, Red Lantern Corps, Agent Orange, and Black Lantern Corps.

4) Dick Tracy

Flattop, Pruneface, Big Boy Caprice, Itchy Oliver, Stooge Viller, B.B. Eyes, Brow, Cheater Gunsmoke, Flyface, Mole, Mumbles, Oodles, Shoulders, Sketch Paree, Influence, Lips Manlis, Littleface Finney, Rodent, Steve the Tramp, Ben Spaldoni, and Blank.

3) Batman

Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, Killer Moth, Deadshot, Catman, Blockbuster, Ventriloquist, Clayface, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Copperhead, Mr. Zsasz, Firefly, Huge Strange, League of Assassins, Calendar Man, KGBeast, Maxie Zeus, Dr. Phosphorus, and Black Spider.

2) Spider-Man

Green Goblin, Venom, Dr. Octopus, Hobgoblin, Mr. Negative, Electro, Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven, Chameleon, Kingpin, Spider-Slayers, Carnage, Beetle, Rhino, Scorpion, Hydro-Man, Boomerang, Speed Demon, Shriek, Demogoblin, Carrion, Lizard, Morbius, Black Cat, Enforcers, Vermin, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Silvermane, Man Mountain Marko, Jackal, Man-Wolf, Menace, and Swarm.

1) Flash

Golden Age: Shade, Ragdoll, Thinker, Thorn, and Fiddler.

Silver Age to today: Reverse-Flash, Zoom, Grodd, Dr. Alchemy, Trickster, Captain Cold, Abra Kadabra, Weather Wizard, Top, Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Heat Wave, Pied Piper, Blue Trinity, Kilg%re, Savitar, Blacksmith, Girder, Double Down, Tar Pit, Murmur, and Plunder.

Sixth place is a tie between Superman (Luthor, Brainiac, Zod, Doomsday, Metallo, Bizarro, Parasite, Gog, Toyman, Mongul, New Gods, etc) and Fantastic Four (Dr. Doom, Galactus, Skrulls, Annihilus, Blastaar, Molecule Man, Mad Thinker, Diablo, Mole Man, Puppet Master, Psycho-Man, etc).

17The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:51 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Batman, The Flash, Superman, X-men, Thor.

I think Thor has an under-rated rogues gallery (up there with the Hulk and Iron Man). For Thor, most know Loki but you also have Enchantress, Executioner, Destroyer, Absorbing Man, Wrecking Crew, Ulik, Zarrko, Radioactive Man, Ego, Kurse, Malekith, Karnilla, Surtur, and Hela.

For Hulk, you got Leader, Abomination, Maestro, Hulkbusters, Zzzax, U-Foes, Missing Link, Circus of Crime, Psyklop, Metal Master, Glob, Hammer and Anvil, and Bi-Beast.

Iron Man has Mandarin, Fin Fang Foom, Whiplash, Madame Masque, Crimson Dynamo, Unicorn, Living Laser, Titanium Man, Blizzard, Melter, Spymaster, Dreadknight, Grey Gargoyle, Iron Monger, Controller, Justin Hammer, Ghost, Black Knight, and Ultimo.

18The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:47 am

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Surprise Surprise, Batman has the best rogues gallery, IMHO. I was just watching Batman TAS and it just reminded me why. Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Ra's Al Ghul. They're deep, colorful, always interesting, complex, and have served to make Batman the great hero that he is.

Flash's rogues are also excellent. Geoff Johns really saved these dudes from silver age obscurity and made them forces to be reckoned with. My only real problem with them is that they tend to upstage The Flash, they're that good.

Also, I know this is barely comic related, but Darkwing Duck also has a great rogues gallery. They're funny and they just explode with personality.

19The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:50 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have to go with Spider-Man. He as some of my all time favorite baddies amony his rogues gallery. Such as, The Goblins, Electro, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Shocker and Fusion the twin terror.

20The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Batman
Spider Man
Flash
Captain America
Superman
X-Men
Daredevil
Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
FF
The Tick
Venture Brothers (which needs a comic, btw)

21The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:24 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:Also, I know this is barely comic related, but Darkwing Duck also has a great rogues gallery. They're funny and they just explode with personality.

Especially the Fearsome Five.

22The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Rogues Gallery Thread Attack_of_the_FEARSOME_FIVE_by_Garlar

Debaser77 wrote:Batman
The Tick
Venture Brothers (which needs a comic, btw)
Forgot about The Tick.
And yes, Venture Bros. needs a comic. At least a mini.

23The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

alucardbarnivous wrote:
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:Also, I know this is barely comic related, but Darkwing Duck also has a great rogues gallery. They're funny and they just explode with personality.

Especially the Fearsome Five.

Totally. Negaduck will always be my favorite.

24The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

BlueMaxx wrote:The Rogues Gallery Thread Attack_of_the_FEARSOME_FIVE_by_Garlar

Nice.

25The Rogues Gallery Thread Empty Re: The Rogues Gallery Thread Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:22 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now post a picture of the Justice Ducks! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum