Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'X-Men: First Class' Thread

+51
FroZen
shining knight
Little_Goblyn
Gojiratoho
Joshua
boberthavok
Astro13Zombie
Goof
Denim
Spaced4SimonPegg
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Off_White_Lantern
krpykrwly
Airwolf
superdoug
MikeSabian
Janson
Ric Magnum
colossus1979
comicgeekelly
kerryart
Silent K
Combo Mo
Warren_Worthington IV
Paroxysm
Foreigner_Man
G_Zatara
shark6495
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
supervenom
ChrisToPhenom
shiky800
Mnemosis
dmahoney
Nymn
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
Batman25JM
vikoros
Debaser77
Sandman
Thundermatts
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Rath99
kidspider2099
Bigtymin504
55 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 16]

126'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

X1 was just awful. Sabretooth was basically a prop. Why the hell did Rogue go to Canada? What happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? It croaks? No? Same thing that happens to everything else? Really?! The yellow spandex line just pissed me right the fuck off, nowhere in the comics is it ever said that the costumes are made of spandex, they are either colored leather, silk or that material Reed made. And so many more things that it would take me forever to name all the crap that was wrong with that movie.

127'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:19 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tomer wait, are you saying what was good or bad? if good then i have to diagree with one, xavier's death was unwarranted, and just a bad move. especially considering they went and used him in the origins movie, it just eliminated the retcon they were trying to go for, or put them on that same stupid timeline which made the x-3 movie. in that case it's like shooting yourself in the foot, at least to me.

128'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Red what was your biggest beef with X3?

129'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:X1 was just awful. Sabretooth was basically a prop.

he's basically a prop in the comic most times, i can think of a few instances off the top of my head they just put him in the mix to go "ooohhh look here's sabretooth on an x-team!"

Janson wrote: Why the hell did Rogue go to Canada?

it was a part of her wanting to travel after high school. also a cheesy way to get a wolverine intro, enough said.

Janson wrote: What happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? It croaks? No? Same thing that happens to everything else? Really?!

dude, you're just reaching with that.

Janson wrote:
The yellow spandex line just pissed me right the fuck off, nowhere in the comics is it ever said that the costumes are made of spandex, they are either colored leather, silk or that material Reed made. And so many more things that it would take me forever to name all the crap that was wrong with that movie.

dude.....seriously? neutral that...was the most fanboy-ish, nonsense statment i've ever heard in my life. i know you're better than that, come on son. lol!

130'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

colossus1979 wrote:

dude.....seriously? neutral that...was the most fanboy-ish, nonsense statment i've ever heard in my life. i know you're better than that, come on son. lol!

What? You liked that line? You liked the bondage gear they wore? Every other comic movie at least tried to get the costumes right. And come on aren't we all fanboys (and girls) here? Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and everybody's is unique.

131'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the fact that X3 was garbage was a universal truth?

132'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

^ Yes, it is. But if I had to find something good in it... see my above comment.

Colossus: Surely there was no point for his death, but I thought it was done well otherwise. I was shocked to see Charles disintegrated like that.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

133'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Red what was your biggest beef with X3?

my BIGGEST beef with x-3....is that it even exists. the first part of the movieis the flashback of mags and prof. x meeting jean in an almost "dumbledore metting tom riddle" scene which gives a good insight into her phoenix alter-ego. they fast track back to the present time, life goes on as usual in the mansion i suppose...regular school classes, and a danger room session for the "x-men in training" which is fine. but then cyclops who'd been riddled with guilt and depression over jeans death.....decides to throw a healing crack at wolvy, not shave and go on a bike ride to canada because he hears voices. Rolling Eyes then for no reason he just eyebeams the water and sees the phoenix cocoon then she comes out and vaporizes him. then there's the cure storyline in general, using leech's dna to make a mutant cure was i guess clever, but as far as i know they never used that kid in the comic to do anything but hang out with franklin richards and artie. the cure story has been mishandled tragically here, they could have gone with the astonshing story, without causing any confusion. the whole "jean drunk with power." deal they've done to death, only this time they kill prof.x and cyclops in a assinine situation that only furthers the fact that the people in charge know nothing about the comic. angel was mishandled in general, they misnamed quill...kid omega psychic...quill....spiky guy.... callisto,arclight, all the morlocks in general were another footnote of awful. they expect everyone who wacted the movie, to play that stupid video game so they don't even mention kurt wagner in at any point or where he went. (i played the game and that sucked too.) they turn all the potential strong women characters (rogue/kitty) all whiny and tear ridden over iceman....which is so rediculous especially on kitty's part. (COLOSSUS HELLO!) they make beast talk "un"beast like, what i mean is that....basically he talks in the most drawn out super intelligent way possible....THEN when he's confused everyone enough, he dumbs it down, like reed, and tony, and a few others. juggernaught....done with that sentence. i can get over the fact he's not introduced as xavier's half brother (begrudgingly) i can get over the stupid "i'm the juggernaught bitch!" line...i can even get over the fact he's a mutant even when I KNOW how he got his powers (crimson gem yadda yadda) what i can't get over is that, for all his power, his anger, his "unstoppable fury"....a white wall does him in. that was just taking all the canon of cain marko and wiping your ass with it. mystique was abused as a character bryan singer spent 2 movies trying to build up, they dropped the ball entirely on the 2 storylines they tried to meld. rattner is the biggest comic movie criminal since joel shumacher. if i had 3 more days some booze and a steady supply of diabetes meds and sugar free food i could go on.

134'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:16 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:

What? You liked that line? You liked the bondage gear they wore? Every other comic movie at least tried to get the costumes right. And come on aren't we all fanboys (and girls) here? Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and everybody's is unique.

i was mostly playing with that statement, just givin ya a little shit. Twisted Evil the costumes weren't great, but i mean at the time they were working in the dark. they tried to get a unique look which failed.....but it could have been way worse. i thought the line was funny, because it's almost a given that although very colorful and spandex looking ...i know the comic costumes weren't spandex. as for being a fanboy....i'm in my house on a sunday afternoon having a now couple hour debate on x-men movies......enough said. Laughing

135'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:I thought the fact that X3 was garbage was a universal truth?

it is, but we have to beat the dead horse more lest it become a zombie.

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Colossus: Surely there was no point for his death, but I thought it was done well otherwise. I was shocked to see Charles disintegrated like that.

yeah, it was shock value. like the whole movie....rattner and the writers threw out story, and went for "oh wow." moments that made the NON comic reader go "OH WOW!" but meanwhile i was in the theatre screaming to the top of my lungs "WHAT THE HOLY BLUE F%^K!!"

136'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Where's TENIME? I know he has a soft spot for X3 as well.

137'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:41 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the only bright spot of X-3 was Kelsey Grammer as Beast. And the Danger Room sequence. The rest was Meh. I thought X-2 was the best of the bunch and X-Men was ok. Not great but ok. Still thought the first movie had better moments than the third movie.

138'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote: they make beast talk "un"beast like, what i mean is that....basically he talks in the most drawn out super intelligent way possible....THEN when he's confused everyone enough, he dumbs it down, like reed, and tony, and a few others.

I'd say that was a legitimate beef, had Beast not been written like that since his inception. If you go back and re-read the X-Men comics with the original team (as written by Lee), you'll see that often Beast would make some super-scientific statement only to have to repeat it and dumb it down for Bobby and Warren.

I agree with the rest of your assessment, but that statement needed to be addressed. Beast has, as long as I can remember, been guilty of using super-language and then having to repeat it in more simple terms (or, in a lot of cases, someone else will translate).

139'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Where's TENIME? I know he has a soft spot for X3 as well.

i understand your reasons for liking the movie, i understand alot of people's reasons. my issue is the fact that they took the previous 2 movies and basically blow them away like dust in the wind. then the new characters they introduce are poorly handled, EXCEPT for beast smart talking aside. kelsey grammar's beast,sir ian mckellan's magneto, save most of the movie. but as a person who has read x-men since he was 9, and cotinues to read it today.....it does the history no justice.

140'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

I'd say that was a legitimate beef, had Beast not been written like that since his inception. If you go back and re-read the X-Men comics with the original team (as written by Lee), you'll see that often Beast would make some super-scientific statement only to have to repeat it and dumb it down for Bobby and Warren.

I agree with the rest of your assessment, but that statement needed to be addressed. Beast has, as long as I can remember, been guilty of using super-language and then having to repeat it in more simple terms (or, in a lot of cases, someone else will translate).

Exactly, i wanted so much to hear him prattle on for like 2 minutes, have no clue what the hell he said, then for him to look and say something like "twist the knob." or some such thing and just laugh because i was too dumb to get it...like i do when i read the comic. Laughing

141'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kevin Bacon officially signed to play a villain.
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=20097

'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Kevin-bacon

"Bacon will play a villain, but his exact character is being kept under tight wraps. Some fanboy websites(that would be us!) have suggested that he will play Mr Sinister, Fox have declined comment."

So who do you guys think? Sinister?

142'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also, Jennifer Lawrence cast as Mystique.

http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/winters-bone-star-cast-as-mystique-in-xmen-first-class.html

'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 6a00d83451d69069e20133f24f7b65970b-pi'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Mystique

143'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ so there goes amber heard rumoured to play mysteque

alice eve and emma sounds good - she is a nice classy gal

144'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

sweet.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

145'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:26 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kevin bacon atm, is the only thing imo that will save this from being a fiasco....i'm still probably gonna just redbox this unless i hear like earth shattering positives....the whole "let's hire/fire/rehire/fire yadda yadda" has made me skeptical.

146'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

colossus1979 wrote:kevin bacon atm

Kevin Bacon Ass To Mouth? Wink tongue

147'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'm surprised it took this long to get K-Bake in a superhero movie. The man is a legend.

I support the Kevin Bacon comeback.

148'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I'm surprised it took this long to get K-Bake in a superhero movie. The man is a legend.

Is this really a Kevin Bacon comeback? I didn't know he been away that long.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000102/

149'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Also, Jennifer Lawrence cast as Mystique.

http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/winters-bone-star-cast-as-mystique-in-xmen-first-class.html

'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 6a00d83451d69069e20133f24f7b65970b-pi'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Mystique

There's been a lot of buzz about her performance in the recent film Winter's Bone...I've been anxious to check that one out.

150'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:05 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

jaydee74 wrote:
Silent K wrote:I'm surprised it took this long to get K-Bake in a superhero movie. The man is a legend.

Is this really a Kevin Bacon comeback? I didn't know he been away that long.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000102/

90's Bacon was a huge deal. Not so much any more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum