Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'X-Men: First Class' Thread

+51
FroZen
shining knight
Little_Goblyn
Gojiratoho
Joshua
boberthavok
Astro13Zombie
Goof
Denim
Spaced4SimonPegg
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Off_White_Lantern
krpykrwly
Airwolf
superdoug
MikeSabian
Janson
Ric Magnum
colossus1979
comicgeekelly
kerryart
Silent K
Combo Mo
Warren_Worthington IV
Paroxysm
Foreigner_Man
G_Zatara
shark6495
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
supervenom
ChrisToPhenom
shiky800
Mnemosis
dmahoney
Nymn
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
Batman25JM
vikoros
Debaser77
Sandman
Thundermatts
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Rath99
kidspider2099
Bigtymin504
55 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 16]

351'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn them gifs make this page hard to load. they nice and all, but bleh

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

352'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

get a better computer and stop using dial up!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

353'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tongue

354'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The trailer looks a lot better than those dumb pics from before.

355'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, I actually kind of like Havok's beams in the trailer.

356'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Paroxysm wrote:The trailer was fucking awesome. I take back what I said!
I don't

Denim wrote:I have never liked any of the X-Men movies. The differnece between the X-Men movies and the X-Men animated series that have come out is that the animated series creators actully seem to "get" the characters. It seems as if the movie people just go, "Ok, we need Wolverine, just take the names of everyone else and do whatever with them."

I have no problems with making things differnt, I have a problem when they don't give the characters justice.
Agreed. X-Men was the first comic I had as a kid and it's my favorite. After seeing the movies they all pissed me off. And though the trailer for this one looks good, I still can't stand the fact they have mutants that weren't even born yet in the story line. I kind of like the premise they are trying to go with, but I still get a bit of a nerd rage when I see the First Class characters.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

357'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm just posting in hopes this pushes the conversation to the next page so this one stops taking 10 minutes to load Laughing

358'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This post is also to help go to the next page.

359'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Denim wrote:This post is also to help go to the next page.
Is it taking 10 minutes for yours to load too?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

360'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:56 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was actually pretty impressed by the trailer. I won't see this in the theater, but I'll check it out on DVD.

361'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The trailer actually looks pretty good. Still very meh on the movie. A good trailer doesn't make a good movie. It still seems like they are shoehorning in a bunch of mutants to cover up what might be a poor story.

362'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And you are welcome for moving the thread to the next page Wink

363'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:The trailer actually looks pretty good. Still very meh on the movie. A good trailer doesn't make a good movie. It still seems like they are shoehorning in a bunch of mutants to cover up what might be a poor story.

Yeah trailers aren't always indicative of a good movie but I actually think the story looks pretty good based on the trailer and what we've heard from Vaughn. I like that they're using a real event like the Cuban Missile Crisis, plus the Civil Rights era should be the perfect background to explore the Xavier/Magneto relationship. Since it's Fox I'll take a wait and see approach but the director and lead actors do have me cautiously optimistic.

364'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:33 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Considering that this has been made within a year, I'm impressed. Even if the final film doesn't turn out amazingly well, Mathew Vaughn and his team deserve some praise for at least getting it made, and actually making an effort.

365'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

This trailer has a good look to it and the music just enhances the mood. I myself will give it a go because I'm not sure what to expect from this story. Hopefully there will be some surprises.

366'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HAVOC! ftw Smile

i wonder how much "backstory" there will be and when is the xmen relaunch be initiated. will all the marvel movies be set in one major universe - cross overs and cameos?

367'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:49 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Comicbookmovie.com is saying that Havok will be portrayed as Cyclops father in X-men:First Class. That sucks ass!!!

368'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:Comicbookmovie.com is saying that Havok will be portrayed as Cyclops father in X-men:First Class. That sucks ass!!!
'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Facepalm

369'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:37 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:Comicbookmovie.com is saying that Havok will be portrayed as Cyclops father in X-men:First Class. That sucks ass!!!

UGH!!

While I think the trailer looks good, and I'm now actually looking forward to the movie, I still hate that it's set in the 60s. That screws with continuity even more, and it was already pretty screwed with.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

370'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:44 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh.

371'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

IT'S MOVIE CONTINUITY! Calm down that it isn't like the comic exactly, none of the movies were. They already stated that Beast was the only original X-Men in the films. Yeah it would be great if they did a real first class movie, but you have to remember that a lot of the X-Men fans are new fans and only really know them through the movies. So this is more a a slight retcon story in the X-Men movie universe. Since Vaughn is directing this I'm sure it'll be pretty damn good and may just give us a glimpse of the X3 that might have been. IDK I have pretty good feelings about this. Also it'll be nice not to know exactly what's gonna happen because I knew it from the comics already. But I've always been a What If? fan and really isn't that really what it is when comics are transfered to an other media? I know everyone seems to like the 90s cartoon which was nowhere near as close to the comics as say the Spider-Man cartoon from the same time. Again I would also love to see the 616 X-Men on film, but until then as long as the story is good, which this one looks like it'll be good, I'll enjoy what I can get.

372'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:IT'S MOVIE CONTINUITY! Calm down that it isn't like the comic exactly, none of the movies were. They already stated that Beast was the only original X-Men in the films. Yeah it would be great if they did a real first class movie, but you have to remember that a lot of the X-Men fans are new fans and only really know them through the movies. So this is more a a slight retcon story in the X-Men movie universe. Since Vaughn is directing this I'm sure it'll be pretty damn good and may just give us a glimpse of the X3 that might have been. IDK I have pretty good feelings about this. Also it'll be nice not to know exactly what's gonna happen because I knew it from the comics already. But I've always been a What If? fan and really isn't that really what it is when comics are transfered to an other media? I know everyone seems to like the 90s cartoon which was nowhere near as close to the comics as say the Spider-Man cartoon from the same time. Again I would also love to see the 616 X-Men on film, but until then as long as the story is good, which this one looks like it'll be good, I'll enjoy what I can get.

I'm totally with you. It's a different universe and different continuity. I think it's important that they remain true to the spirit of the characters but apart from that they have to build their own world in the movies. I love that this is set in the 60s and I thought the preview looked great (of course have to be careful with these). I'm really looking forward to this - I love the whole concept and this is a seriously good cast with an excellent director.

373'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Janson wrote:IT'S MOVIE CONTINUITY! Calm down that it isn't like the comic exactly, none of the movies were. They already stated that Beast was the only original X-Men in the films. Yeah it would be great if they did a real first class movie, but you have to remember that a lot of the X-Men fans are new fans and only really know them through the movies. So this is more a a slight retcon story in the X-Men movie universe. Since Vaughn is directing this I'm sure it'll be pretty damn good and may just give us a glimpse of the X3 that might have been. IDK I have pretty good feelings about this. Also it'll be nice not to know exactly what's gonna happen because I knew it from the comics already. But I've always been a What If? fan and really isn't that really what it is when comics are transfered to an other media? I know everyone seems to like the 90s cartoon which was nowhere near as close to the comics as say the Spider-Man cartoon from the same time. Again I would also love to see the 616 X-Men on film, but until then as long as the story is good, which this one looks like it'll be good, I'll enjoy what I can get.

I'm totally with you. It's a different universe and different continuity. I think it's important that they remain true to the spirit of the characters but apart from that they have to build their own world in the movies. I love that this is set in the 60s and I thought the preview looked great (of course have to be careful with these). I'm really looking forward to this - I love the whole concept and this is a seriously good cast with an excellent director.

Agreed. People do seem to forget how groundbreaking the X-movies were when they first came out. They ushered in the new serious and sophisticated era of comic book movies we've seen ever since. X1 and X2 are almost universally praised by comic fans and non-comic fans alike to this day, with X2 widely regarded as one of the best superhero films ever. And you know what's funny, it seems like there's a lot of hate towards the last two X-movies (X3 and Wolverine) but it's almost exclusively from comic fans. In my experience, the general public really seemed to like both of them.

I know almost all of my non-comic fans loved them! X3 was awhile ago so I don't exactly remember their reactions but I remember them raving about Wolverine when we left the theater. And it's not because they're simpletons or something lol, they thought it was a good entertaining movie. It's weird because as a comic fan I thought Watchmen was much more well put together than Wolverine, yet almost every non-comic person I know absolutely despised it and thought it was boring. Point is, it's all a matter of perspective. We have to remember that the general public's views on these superhero movies don't always align with us nerds' views. cool

374'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't hate Wolverine because it deviated from the source material, I hated it because it's a terrible movie.

375'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I didn't hate Wolverine because it deviated from the source material, I hated it because it's a terrible movie.

I agree it wasn't very good, but just saying almost every non-comic fan I know really liked it. Maybe that's just the case for me though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum