Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV?

+4
Off_White_Lantern
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
hrdwrkngXsoldier
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is going to win the Super Bowl

Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 37% [ 7 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% [ 4 ]
Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Great win by the Cardinals.

27Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:14 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great missed facemask by the officials lol. But yeah, I didn't give two shits about that game, so it was a fun one to just enjoy.

28Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saints-Cards next week...looks like whoever has ball last wins. Laughing

29Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:05 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I want the Saints to go all the way but I don't know if they're gonna make it. Some of the other teams are on a roll and the Saints aren't hot right now. I hope they come out guns blazing next week.

30Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My guess is it will be a crazy offensive game, with the Saints losing of course, I Can't change my mind now!

31Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:My guess is it will be a crazy offensive game, with the Saints losing of course, I Can't change my mind now!

Kudos for sticking to your guns

32Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:24 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Balt Indy Indy

Jets SD SD but I would love the Jets win and face the Colts

Dal Minn Dal

Arz NO ARZ

Indy beats SD

Arz beats Dal

Colts beat Arz in SB

33Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:57 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Well I got the Indy pick right lol. Looks like the time off only got them rested and sharp. Colts played as good as possible on D & spent most of the 2nd half running the ball and the clock. Looked like the D that came up big 4 times in their Super Bowl run a few seasons ago.

Saints and ARZ was over when Leinart came in and Rodgers-Cromartie (the only capable defender on Arizona) left the game. I expected a shootout which started that way and then went South for the Cards.

Will love to see who has the Saints in the dome next week (good luck to Dal or Minn they'll need it lol).

34Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Well I got one pick right lmao. Luckily it was the Colts the one that mattered. I loved seeing the Jets win since obviously they are much less of a challenge than the Chargers. I should thank Mr. Rivers for giving that game away to the Jets.

I guess the best bet for the Super Bowl would be favoring the Colts heavily over NY for AFC and pretty even with the Saints and Vikes in the NFC champ game. The Vikings have a much better defense and an evenly stacked offense. Going into the dome though will probably make it anyones game.

Doesnt really matter to me who the Colts play as long as they are in the Super Bowl.

35Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Glad the Jets won. I hate Rivers. I think he's a real douche!

36Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow the Chargers losing was a shocker! So much for my Superbowl pick from the AFC lol. Well as long as my NFC pick makes it and wins it all, that's all that matters. Very Happy

37Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:34 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ah, well-the 'Boys didn't defeat the Vikings...3-34? Damn. But that haven't had a Playoff game since 1998 so this year was an improvement-new stadium with 2 huge titantrons inside it and made it to the playoffs. Too bad.

38Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going with the Colts.

39Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

That was an impressive game by the Colts against the #1 defense. Stopped twice in the red zone in first half and settled for field goals or this wouldnt have been close at all. Also blew coverage twice for the two td's for the Jets.

Indy looked VERY STRONG.

40Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Colts. I say the Colts. Wink

41Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Indy looked good on offense. The defense is still weak. They can't play like that against the Saints or Vikings. They got away with sloppy coverage and were able to stack the box against the Jets because they don't throw it often. Not the same against the Saints or Vikings.

42Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:22 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saints vs. Colts
Shootout anyone?

I'm pulling for the Saints.
Drew BReees!!

43Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Rath99 wrote:Indy looked good on offense. The defense is still weak. They can't play like that against the Saints or Vikings. They got away with sloppy coverage and were able to stack the box against the Jets because they don't throw it often. Not the same against the Saints or Vikings.

The Colts gave up three last week and 17 this week (all first half). Lol New Orleans has no defense to speak of. I was glad Minn fumbled that game away cause they looked much tougher on all sides of the ball. The toughest NO looked was when they were cheapshoting Favre into the ground.

Colts will win by two scores again this year.

44Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:40 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Rath99 wrote:Indy looked good on offense. The defense is still weak. They can't play like that against the Saints or Vikings. They got away with sloppy coverage and were able to stack the box against the Jets because they don't throw it often. Not the same against the Saints or Vikings.

The Colts gave up three last week and 17 this week (all first half). Lol New Orleans has no defense to speak of. I was glad Minn fumbled that game away cause they looked much tougher on all sides of the ball. The toughest NO looked was when they were cheapshoting Favre into the ground.

Colts will win by two scores again this year.
Man, talking shit already? Let's just wait and see in 2 weeks.
And don't give me that "cheapshot" nonsense.

45Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:18 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I dont care for Favre much but I was getting pissed watching all those late hits. I really didnt care who won that game but all those late hits & penalties were getting excessive.

Well maybe the Colts will fumble the ball 6 times and Manning will throw the game away with several interceptions including a last second pick in field goal range?

46Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:I dont care for Favre much but I was getting pissed watching all those late hits. I really didnt care who won that game but all those late hits & penalties were getting excessive.

Well maybe the Colts will fumble the ball 6 times and Manning will throw the game away with several interceptions including a last second pick in field goal range?

There were one or two "late hits" everything else was fair game. Its football, you're gonna get rocked if your line doesn't protect you right. And we got way more BS penalties called on us all game. It was a pretty poorly officiated game overall honestly.

And the Saints CAUSED those fumbles and interceptions, its what we've done ALL year, check the stats. Give credit where credit is due. And I'm not sure why you think the Colts are some kind of dominant team to make you talk so much trash. Other than the second half of the Jets game, they've looked average at best in the playoffs. They flat out got outplayed in the first half yesterday. Seriously, there's really no reason for you to be so cocky. Saints and Colts are pretty evenly matched teams.

47Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:02 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Colts way way out match the saints on the defensive side of the ball. I don't think there is much of a contest. I thought colts vikings would be a better game, but i'll be happy when the Colts win. The colts are 16-0 in games they tried to win this season.... the saints aren't. I'm just glad the teams with the best regular season record are in the big game. When was the last time two #1 seeds went up against each other? Sad thing is if the saints were in the AFC they probably wouldn't have gotten as far as they did.

48Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Colts way way out match the saints on the defensive side of the ball. I don't think there is much of a contest. I thought colts vikings would be a better game, but i'll be happy when the Colts win. The colts are 16-0 in games they tried to win this season.... the saints aren't. I'm just glad the teams with the best regular season record are in the big game. When was the last time two #1 seeds went up against each other? Sad thing is if the saints were in the AFC they probably wouldn't have gotten as far as they did.
We'll see my friend. Colts haven't had many really impressive wins this year IMO so I'm a little surprised at how cocky yall are. And what makes you think Saints wouldn't have gotten as far in the AFC playoffs? You telling me the Ravens and Jets were tougher than the Vikings? Laughing

And for some reason, people seem to think the Saints defense is horrible when its not. Yes we bend and give up some yards but we rarely break. We also hit you in the mouth and take the ball from you..we're one of the best at forcing fumbles and interceptions. And we're pretty damn good in the red zone.

Saints D just shut down the explosive Cardinals offense that put up 51 points on a very good Packers defense. And Minnesota's 28 points were the most we've given up all year other than two games. If the Saint's offense wasn't having trouble converting on 3rd down yesterday, our D might not have had to be on the field for double the amount of plays the offense was. I'm just saying, we might not have the best D in the world, but we're pretty solid so I wouldn't just write off the D if I were you.

49Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I give the Colts a slight edge in Defense but not by much. That defense has yet to see an offense like the Saints. I know the Saints haven't faced an offense like the Colts but the Vikings do come close. I see this as a shootout. Maybe who ever has the ball last will win.

50Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is your pick for Super Bowl XLIV? Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:I dont care for Favre much but I was getting pissed watching all those late hits. I really didnt care who won that game but all those late hits & penalties were getting excessive.

There were one or two "late hits" everything else was fair game. Its football, you're gonna get rocked if your line doesn't protect you right. And we got way more BS penalties called on us all game. It was a pretty poorly officiated game overall honestly.

And the Saints CAUSED those fumbles and interceptions, its what we've done ALL year, check the stats. Give credit where credit is due. And I'm not sure why you think the Colts are some kind of dominant team to make you talk so much trash. Other than the second half of the Jets game, they've looked average at best in the playoffs. They flat out got outplayed in the first half yesterday. Seriously, there's really no reason for you to be so cocky. Saints and Colts are pretty evenly matched teams.

Im not the only one noticing the dirty play of the Saints. Do a google search theres a shit-ton of threads and discussions about Bobby McCray and the other Saints dirty play against Warner and now Favre. They obviously didnt give a shit about a 15 yard penalty they just wanted to take out or limit the starting QB.

On to the Saints and Colts matchup it pretty much favors the Colts by nearly every single "expert opinion" and the betting line favors Indy. Anything can happen but they both have amazing offenses (although Shockey has looked really gimpy) but the Colts have a much better defense. The Colts score a few less points per game average than the Saints but they give up far less points per game and should tee off on the Saints poor pass D. Average the numbers up and they favor the Colts whether u love them or hate them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum