Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The TNA Thread

+13
DickGrayson007
G_Zatara
KingJoffers
comicgeekelly
Rath99
Matt
AlienIncognito
Fresh03
jaydee74
Ric Magnum
MillionDollarGeek
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From Wrestleview.com:

Report: Hogan frustrated with talent
» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM EST

Hulk Hogan has reportedly shown his frustrations to some friends as of late that he feels pressure to push people in TNA he doesn't want to as TNA President Dixie Carter doesn't want the "old crew" as they have been described as getting buried reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. There are said to be lots of wrestlers Hogan and Eric Bischoff see nothing in and want to get rid of. For what it is worth, Hogan seems to be high on only a handful of talent like Abyss, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero and Tomko (who he says at least looks like a wrestler).

27The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:From Wrestleview.com:

Report: Hogan frustrated with talent
» On Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM EST

Hulk Hogan has reportedly shown his frustrations to some friends as of late that he feels pressure to push people in TNA he doesn't want to as TNA President Dixie Carter doesn't want the "old crew" as they have been described as getting buried reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. There are said to be lots of wrestlers Hogan and Eric Bischoff see nothing in and want to get rid of. For what it is worth, Hogan seems to be high on only a handful of talent like Abyss, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero and Tomko (who he says at least looks like a wrestler).

Cause the Nasty Boys are so much better then MCMG. Give me a break. I give this about 6 more months before this goes tits up. also, Tomko is fat as fuck right now.

28The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LMAO... Tomko looks like a wrestler. Guess I know what i'll be watch this Thursday...

Supernatural baby!

29The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Alrighty, sat down and actually watched Impact live last night, so I thought I'd post some thoughts.

Wait, did Orlando Jordan just wrestle a pretty good match? I know he was wrestling the Pope, who is just phenominal(I'll never understand why the WWE released him), but he really held his own, not sure where that came from.

X-Division Championship match, pretty solid, of course Doug Williams is in it so I expected nothing less.

Knock-Outs, alright match, where the hell are Taylor Wilde and Sarita though? I'd rather see either of them than any of these 5, particularly Sarita who is just an incredible worker.

Is Desmond a face or a heel? Who frickin knows at this point.

Tag match was pretty fun back and forth stuff, Kennedy/Anderson stole the show though with his heelish antics.

Overall, all of the actual in ring stuff was good, there were far too many segments though, I realize this is the go home show so you save the talent involved in the PPV as best you can, but with the size of the roster TNA has you could have thrown a couple more matches up and cut the time of several of those segments.

At this point who gives a shit about the Band? I think Nash has a future as a commentator but outside of that the other two are just wasted pay checks at this point and they take up too much time that you could be using on matches or putting over people that will actually mean something to the company in two years.

Overall the show was kind of meh to me, which is pretty typical for TNA, I like it when wrestling is going on and then kind of zone out during segments.

30The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

What I don't get is how they can fire two shareholders(Jarret and Foley) yet they can't fire Flair? this makes no sense.

Styles as a heel sucks. He does not have the charisma to pull it off. People love him for his in ring talent he has never been strong on the mic

Also this was another show without Motor City Machine Guns Or The Young Bucks.

31The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Styles as a heel sucks. He does not have the charisma to pull it off. People love him for his in ring talent he has never been strong on the mic

He was pretty good at being a goofy heel when he teamed with Tomko and he was actually getting pretty stron on the mic for a while, they just haven't had him talk in forever it seems.

Also this was another show without Motor City Machine Guns Or The Young Bucks.

Yep, sucks I know, sounds like the Destination X PPV build up will be our best chance to see them.

32The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

Flair had me in tears last night during the title match. I was laughing so damn hard at how crazy he was acting all night I barely paid attention to the actual match with AJ/Joe. Was worth the whole price of the ppv. Thank god for the Nature Boy!!!

33The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:

He was pretty good at being a goofy heel when he teamed with Tomko and he was actually getting pretty stron on the mic for a while, they just haven't had him talk in forever it seems.

I like him better as a face as well.

34The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:36 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

AJ is way to much of a babyface to be taken seriously as a heel. It doesnt look like the guy has a mean bone in his body. Flair shoulda clicked up with the Pope. Those 2 could do some real guerilla pimpin.

35The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

KingJoffers wrote:AJ is way to much of a babyface to be taken seriously as a heel. It doesnt look like the guy has a mean bone in his body. Flair shoulda clicked up with the Pope. Those 2 could do some real guerilla pimpin.
I bet they could have used Flair with a bunch of other wrestlers to improve them. I don't think AJ needed Flair's help in TNA. He was hot enough without Flair's coaching.

36The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:53 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dude! Tomko got fat!!!

So Monday the war restarts at 8 central which will once again go head to head with Raw. I wont be able to watch it until Chuck, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, and 24 are over with. But as soon as that is done, then we'll see how good TNA can get.

37The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

The main event is Syles/Flair vs. Abyss/Hogan, the only time that match will be remotely good is when Hogan isn't in it, lol. Although I'm honestly expecting a non-match to happen somehow.

I want to root for TNA, I really do, but they just keep turning me off every time there isn't a match going on, all of the back stage stuff and promos usually drive me to look for something else to watch.

I'll give them both a chance monday, but Chuck has priority over both shows, period.

38The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:The main event is Syles/Flair vs. Abyss/Hogan, the only time that match will be remotely good is when Hogan isn't in it, lol. Although I'm honestly expecting a non-match to happen somehow.

I want to root for TNA, I really do, but they just keep turning me off every time there isn't a match going on, all of the back stage stuff and promos usually drive me to look for something else to watch.

I'll give them both a chance monday, but Chuck has priority over both shows, period.

I am so sick of Hogan. I really am. I thought he was ok back in the day but now I just see him as a parasite and he needs to disappear. Same deal with Flair but to less of an extent. I like Flair as a mentor but just not for AJ Styles. I never thought that AJ Styles needed Flair to improve him as a wrestler. I would have rather seen Flair improve some other wrestler instead of AJ who didn't need it but that's just my opinion.

39The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

RVD comments more on TNA rumors
» On Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 12:03 PM EST

Kelly Green of 100.9 The Farm passed on audio featuring an interview he conducted with Rob Van Dam on Friday morning regarding rumors that he has signed with TNA Wrestling. RVD didn't quite confirm the rumors, but didn't discount them either.

"Officially guys, no, I haven't signed anything officially. However, the talks have been very, very good lately. I'm sure I will be speaking to them a lot more today as well. I'd say there is a pretty good probability that you should tune in Monday night on Spike. Officially as of now, although rumors are everywhere that I have signed, it is not official at this moment."

You can listen to the full audio by clicking here.

Big thanks to Kelly Green and 100.9 The Farm!

40The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:RVD comments more on TNA rumors

Kelly Green of 100.9 The Farm passed on audio featuring an interview he conducted with Rob Van Dam on Friday morning regarding rumors that he has signed with TNA Wrestling. RVD didn't quite confirm the rumors, but didn't discount them either.

"Officially guys, no, I haven't signed anything officially. However, the talks have been very, very good lately. I'm sure I will be speaking to them a lot more today as well. I'd say there is a pretty good probability that you should tune in Monday night on Spike. Officially as of now, although rumors are everywhere that I have signed, it is not official at this moment."

Just what TNA needs more talent. I hope they actually let him wrestle instead of talk since that all TNA seems to have on their shows

41The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:RVD comments more on TNA rumors

Just what TNA needs more talent. I hope they actually let him wrestle instead of talk since that all TNA seems to have on their shows

Imagine an RVD vs. AJ Styles match? That would be insane.

42The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:42 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One of thhe only wrestlers I'd still do this for.

RVD! RVD! RVD!

Styles vs RVD would rock.

BTW, this is interesting. Basically the TV shows are "samplers" and the PPV is the real product.

From PWInsider:

After last week’s By the Numbers Column, I decided to return with another look back at the six major wrestling shows on television during the week (Sorry Wrestlicious, but you didn’t make the cut because a laugh track has no place in wrestling). The wrestling times below cover the wrestling that takes place during the show so commercials are not included. All times are rounded to the closest minute (examples: a 4:23 match will be listed as 4 minutes while a 4:32 match will be listed as 5 minutes and anything under a minute is rounded up to a minute)

Total Amount of Wrestling on Shows:

Raw: 14 Minutes in 5 Matches
Ring of Honor: 34 Minutes in 5 Matches
NXT: 16 Minutes in 3 Matches
Superstars: 21 Minutes in 4 Matches
Impact: 14 Minutes in 5 Matches
Smackdown: 31 Minutes in 6 Matches

Breakdown of the matches on each show:

Raw
Randy Orton versus Ted DiBiase: 5 Minutes
Jack Swagger versus Santino Marella 1 Minute
Zack Ryder versus Montel Vontavious Porter: 1 Minute
Divas Pillow Pajama Match: 2 Minutes
Show/Miz versus Degeneration X: 5 Minutes

Ring of Honor
Dark City Fight Club versus American Wolves: 12 Minutes
Bobby Dempsey versus Steve Corino: 3 Minutes
The Set versus Skullkrusher Rasche Brown: 2 Minutes
Portia Perez versus Sara Del Rey: 5 Minutes
Kenny King and Austin Aries versus Tyler Black and Roderick Strong: 12 Minutes

NXT
Darren Young versus David Otunga: 7 Minutes
Daniel Bryan versus Wade Barrett: 2 Minutes
Justin Gabriel and Matt Hardy versus William Regal and Skip Sheffield: 7 Minutes

Superstars
Chavo Guerrero versus Kofi Kingston: 6 Minutes
Evan Bourne versus William Regal: 5 Minutes
Mike Knox versus Kane: 4 Minutes
Chris Jericho versus Goldust: 6 Minutes

Impact
Motor City Machine Guns versus Generation Me versus Beer Money versus Hernandez and Matt Morgan: 3 Minutes
Jeff Jarrett versus Sean Morley: 2 Minutes
Doug Williams versus Rob Terry: 1 Minute
Jeff Jarrett versus Tomko: 4 Minutes
A.J. Styles versus D’Angelo Dinero versus Desmond Wolfe versus Abyss: 4 Minutes

Smackdown
Matt Hardy versus Drew McIntyre: 5 Minutes
Shelton Benjamin versus Dolph Ziggler: 5 Minutes
Jimmy Wang Yang versus Ezekiel Jackson: 2 Minutes
Rey Mysterio versus Luke Gallows: 8 Minutes
David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd versus Cryme Tyme versus John Morrison and R Truth: 5 Minutes
Edge versus Big Show: 6 Minutes

Hourly Averages (this week):
Raw: 7 Minutes
Ring of Honor: 34 Minutes
NXT: 16 Minutes
Superstars: 21 Minutes
Impact: 7 Minutes
Smackdown: 15.5 Minutes

Per Match Averages (this week):
Monday Night Raw: 2.8 Minutes
Ring of Honor: 6.8 Minutes
NXT: 5.33 Minutes
Superstars: 5.25 Minutes
Impact: 2.8 Minutes
Smackdown: 6.2 Minutes

Three Longest Matches (this week)
Dark City Fight Club versus American Wolves: 12 Minutes
Kenny King and Austin Aries versus Tyler Black and Roderick Strong: 12 Minutes
Rey Mysterio versus Luke Gallows: 8 Minutes

Three Shortest Matches (this week)
Jack Swagger versus Santino Marella 1 Minute (Raw)
Zack Ryder versus Montel Vontavious Porter: 1 Minute (Raw)
Doug Williams versus Rob Terry: 1 Minute (Impact)

Total Wrestling Time (2 Weeks)
Raw: 31 Minutes for 10 Matches
Ring of Honor: 58 Minutes for 8 Matches
NXT: 28 Minutes for 6 Matches
Superstars: 37 Minutes for 8 Matches
Impact: 26 Minutes for 10 Matches
Smackdown: 62 Minutes for 10 Matches

Hourly Averages (so far):
Raw: 7.75 Minutes
Ring of Honor: 29 Minutes
NXT: 14 Minutes
Superstars: 18.5 Minutes
Impact: 7 Minutes
Smackdown: 16.5 Minutes

Per Match Averages (so far):
Monday Night Raw: 3.1 Minutes
Ring of Honor: 7.25 Minutes
NXT: 4.66 Minutes
Superstars: 4.625 Minutes
Impact: 2.6 Minutes
Smackdown: 6.2 Minutes

Three Longest Matches (so far)
Young Bucks versus Briscoe Brothers: 15 minutes (ROH February 22)
Dark City Fight Club versus American Wolves: 12 Minutes (ROH March 1)
Kenny King and Austin Aries versus Tyler Black and Roderick Strong: 12 Minutes (ROH March 1)

Shortest Matches (so far)
Rob Terry versus Ken Anderson: 1 minute (Impact February 25)
David Otunga versus Darren Young: 1 minute (NXT February 23)
John Cena versus Batista: 1 minute (Raw February 22)
Jack Swagger versus Santino Marella 1 Minute (Raw March 1)
Zack Ryder versus Montel Vontavious Porter: 1 Minute (Raw March 1)
Doug Williams versus Rob Terry: 1 Minute (Impact March 4)

43The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:20 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting breakdowns.

44The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

RVD is in TNA! I wonder if they are trying to make TNA a mixture of what they had plus WCW and ECW.

45The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy teamed up last Monday. How awesome would it be for them to become a tag team? I would love to see that.

46The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:05 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, it was a good match.

47The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That was a great match. I really enjoyed it.

48The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ROB VAN DAM IS THE NEW TNA WORLD CHAMP!

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/1893-impact-results-rvd-new-world-champ

49The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paul Heyman headed to TNA?
» Reported by Steve Gerweck of Wrestleview.com
» On April 22, 2010 at 11:32 am
As we reporter earlier, Vince Russo intends to take a break from the TNA creative team, claiming to be burned out. This has fueled rumors that TNA is targeting Paul Heyman to replace him. It is true that TNA had previously offered Heyman a position to co-write with Russo on the creative team, but of course, he refused. TNA wants to start an ECW faction which could include Team 3D, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Rob Van Dam, and possibly Raven and Heyman himself, but nothing is confirmed at this time. Dave Meltzer reports that there are people with TNA that believe he is coming to TNA.

50The TNA Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TNA Thread Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:Paul Heyman headed to TNA?
» Reported by Steve Gerweck of Wrestleview.com
» On April 22, 2010 at 11:32 am
As we reporter earlier, Vince Russo intends to take a break from the TNA creative team, claiming to be burned out. This has fueled rumors that TNA is targeting Paul Heyman to replace him. It is true that TNA had previously offered Heyman a position to co-write with Russo on the creative team, but of course, he refused. TNA wants to start an ECW faction which could include Team 3D, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Rob Van Dam, and possibly Raven and Heyman himself, but nothing is confirmed at this time. Dave Meltzer reports that there are people with TNA that believe he is coming to TNA.

I hate when dirt sheets make logical guess about what will happen and report it as news with the statement "nothing is confirmed at this time." If Heyman does become head booker and Hogan and Bischoff actually let Haymen book then TNA might actually start to be good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum