Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sign Petition for "Lost" Island Attraction @ Disneyland

+4
BlueMaxx
Gandicles
kidspider2099
ChrisToPhenom
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yahoo! Buzz-
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/found-lost-petition-for-disney-attraction--894

That is, if some hardcore fans of both the happiest place on earth and the weirdest show on TV have anything to say about it. A petition for a "Lost" island attraction to replace Tom Sawyer Island has gone viral on the Web. It is making the rounds among those feeling a sense of, well, loss, at the idea that their beloved TV show will go dark as of May 2010.

So without word of a "Lost" movie in the works and looking at a grim future minus the completely engrossing world of plane crash victims stranded on a tropical island, fans' last hope is the Big Mouse. After all, Disney is the parent company to the ABC network, which airs the series. So, why not take over the sadly outdated mash-up of Tom Sawyer and Pirates of the Caribbean and imagineer something rabid obsessive lovers of "Lost" would actually appreciate?

The wishful thinkers behind the petition are making it easy for Disney: As the OC Weekly points out, the organizers even suggest components to the ride, including ruins, a smoke monster, Jacob's cabin, and a submarine ride. Clearly, a lot of thought has gone into this plea to let "Lost" live.

It's not a completely crazy idea, either. No offense to the American icon who ruled the Mississippi on a raft, but that's not even retro cool. That's just plain out of date. More puzzling, the Tom Sawyer Island is now shared with Pirate's Lair and, these Disney 2.0 types argue, the whole thing could use a refresh. Maybe Disney would be open to a social-media inspired attraction attached to one of their amazingly successful TV shows.

Petition-
http://www.petitiononline.com/lostdisn/petition.html

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm sorry but this seems really stupid. Yes i love lost but i think a lost island at disneyland would be stupid.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:i'm sorry but this seems really stupid. Yes i love lost but i think a lost island at disneyland would be stupid.
Really? I think this would be a genius idea replacing Tom Sawyers island with Lost. Wouldn't you love to go down the mysterious hatch? Hrm? Hrm? Hrm? Laughing

Sign Petition for "Lost" Island Attraction @ Disneyland Lost_hatch_photo_01_dp

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:i'm sorry but this seems really stupid. Yes i love lost but i think a lost island at disneyland would be stupid.
Really? I think this would be a genius idea replacing Tom Sawyers island with Lost. Wouldn't you love to go down the mysterious hatch? Hrm? Hrm? Hrm? Laughing

Sign Petition for "Lost" Island Attraction @ Disneyland Lost_hatch_photo_01_dp

so it would confusing and create a million questions and answer none of them.

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

OH! OH! Would you not know what ride you're on until like, the very end, but even then you're still confused as shit?

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:OH! OH! Would you not know what ride you're on until like, the very end, but even then you're still confused as shit?
A+ for me! Smile

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Haha! Gold. Sounds silly to make it into a ride, but I would totally ride it having the chance.

That sounds derogatory with me saying it so vague like that.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

so hold on theres seriously a petition to replace a ride that is as old as the park itself with a ride based on a series that lost its sparkle about three seasons ago?

not happening folks

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm against, not because I'm anti-Lost, but because I'm pro-Tom Sawyer Island. It's a great attraction and it's one of the originals from Disneyland's opening in 1955. I'd hate to see it go.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

exactly I'm with joshua

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm against for the fact that 'Land is further from me than 'World. Laughing

I'm all for a Lost theme-park attraction. Though, they shouldn't have to change an existing one to give it to us.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know. A decade from now, who's going to give a shit about 'Lost'?

It doesn't have that timelessness quality and universal appeal needed.

Kids and parents recognize/enjoy Tom Sawyer. Same can't be said for 'Lost'.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:I don't know. A decade from now, who's going to give a shit about 'Lost'?

Now that you've all mentioned it, I guess you're right but it wouldn't be a bad idea for Universal Studios or an attraction somewhere.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
krpykrwly wrote:I don't know. A decade from now, who's going to give a shit about 'Lost'?

Now that you've all mentioned it, I guess you're right but it wouldn't be a bad idea for Universal Studios or an attraction somewhere.
Don't hold your breath, I doubt Disney will be selling ABC anytime soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum