Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birds of Prey

+16
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
joegavilan
superdoug
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
WonderWoman2.0
jaydee74
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Fresh03
shining knight
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If Gail is writing it, I am reading it.

But I really liked seeing the gang back together.. not sure about Hawk though.. hrmmm

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

27Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon May 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Why aren't you sure about Hawk? Is it the penis? Laughing

Last edited by Batman25JM on Mon May 24, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

28Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon May 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes.. yes the penis

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

29Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I truly enjoyed this ish. Won't go into detail, because everyone pretty much stated my sentiments. The Hawk and Dove thing still has to grow on me, but I'm wondering more about the lists of info and that's enticing.

White Canary. Dinah said Shiva only called her that, but Cassie could very easily be her as well. Looked up Shado and she's in a coma, but who knows.

What about Sin? Time travel and Brightest Day's themes of resurrections...maybe it is a grown up Sin somehow? That'd explain her choice of theme, and why she's so ridiculously good at martial arting. Heh. :P

30Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Second issue. Good Lord! The Birds of Prey are in deep deep trouble. They got played and have their backs against the wall. To see how things were being played against them was awesome. I cannot wait to see how this all gets cleared up. I am so jazzed to find out who the White Canary is too.

I hope it's
Spoiler:
. Not saying it is her. I just WANT it to be her.

31Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:37 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I think Babs should've been a little more concerned over the Birds fighting Gotham cops, but other than that minor quibble it was a great issue.

Spoiler:

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

32Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Birds of Prey #2

Loved it.

I'm loving the dynamic of the team with the new members.

I always enjoy it when a team gets screwed, so I'm loving what's going on.

Penguin being around is icing on the cake. I love him.

Spoiler:

33Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like your theory but...

Spoiler:

34Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, the fact that she was brought up made me wonder if it was her. Especially since she's mentioned on a panel with just White Canary in it.

35Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:13 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I really hope it's not an aged-up or from-the-future Sin, just because I'm not a fan of Plot Relevant Age Ups.

36Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'm not hoping it's the case, but I'm wondering if it is.

37Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:23 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still hope it's

Spoiler:

I want her back in the worst way.

38Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

Last edited by Batman25JM on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

39Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed.

40Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:37 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate to say it but they always say "Never show a knife in the first act unless you're going to use it by the third."

Given how they framed that reference to Sin....Now how they've made her older will be interesting to see if they don't do some BS cop and age her up..... but then I have faith in Gail Simone, she did great things with Wonder Woman. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

41Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:58 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wasn't there a woman in Sin's village called 'Mother', who was really pissed that Dinah took Sin away? What if she heard that Sin 'died' and is looking to get revenge on BC?

42Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Wasn't there a woman in Sin's village called 'Mother', who was really pissed that Dinah took Sin away? What if she heard that Sin 'died' and is looking to get revenge on BC?

See, while I have no idea about that, it would be full of awesome. I like that idea a lot.

43Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:34 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

LordD3r3k wrote:Wasn't there a woman in Sin's village called 'Mother', who was really pissed that Dinah took Sin away? What if she heard that Sin 'died' and is looking to get revenge on BC?
That could work. She was really old, though, but that doesn't really mean too much.

44Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:38 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Birds of Prey #2

If you stuck around long enough to read Wonder Woman’s last few issues before its upcoming 600th anniversary and momentous creative shift, you just knew Gail Simone’s head where somewhere else. That somewhere else is simply Birds of Prey.

Simone’s childhood dream may have been to write Diana Prince—and write her well she did—but this group of Charlie’s Angels on HGH, jui jitsui, and sheer vengeance is the comic scripter’s bread and butter. Never has Dinah been so likeable, Helena been so emotional, and Barbara’s been more comical. Simply put, Simone knows these characters. Add the likes of DC’s Cloak and Dagger in Hawk and Dove, the sheer nonchalant gung-ho of Lady Blackhawk and what you have yourself is a winner.

With only one problem: an artistic change, midway through the issue.

Ed Benes drew the new volume’s debut with such fierce determination, detail, and composition that after this week’s epic opening standoff with the White Canary, I was baffled. Things looked similar, but just lacked the dynamism Benes is known for. That’s all because DC plugged in another fill-in artist in only Simone’s second issue. The same deal happened during the most-anticipated reunion with Nicola Scott on Wonder Woman. Too many artists drawing in one issue is typically detrimental.

Luckily, the elements that made B.O.P. #1 such an eye-opener last month remain. Simone’s script is both juicy and intelligent; the new assassin is full of unbridled, deadly potential as is the person out Oracle-ing Babs; and of course, Simone’s willingness to place newly reborn heroes Hawk and Dove right into the thick of Gotham without stretching the possibilities out is appreciated.

Despite this second issue taking on little more than a base to set-up the rest of the arc, as well as one epic slugfest that shall continue, there’s no doubt Birds of Prey is here to stay. The startling circumstances of recently reformed villains Savant and Creote, the grim possibilities of Gotham’s criminal underworld (i.e. Penguin), and the new hope that is Brightest Day all make for one exciting title—as long as Ed Benes is on full throttle, of course.

3.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

45Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:20 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah....

wasn't thrilled with what happened to Savant and creote....

It's just adding more fuel to the "Brightest day my arse!" crusade

46Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:17 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

shining knight wrote:Yeah....

It's just adding more fuel to the "Brightest day my arse!" crusade
At least they were killed by their creator.

47Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Yeah....

Who are these two and why do people care?

48Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:41 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

They were introduced towards the very beginning of Gail's run on the previous book, and they showed up quite often while she was writing it. If you ever read it, you'll understand why we like them.

49Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They sounded familiar, but I can't remember any actual stories with them

50Birds of Prey - Page 2 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #2 showed up a week late at my comic shop so only just read this.

I've just got to say - how well does Ed Benes draw action sequences! That whole fight scene was great. Not that it's a big deal but I really think Dinah (or her writers more appropriately) underutilises her sonic scream in fights. In this situation she gave us the sense that they were in a bit of trouble in this fight so I would think the best idea would be just to end it quickly with a sonic scream. Anyway, that would have robbed us of Benes's great fight sequence so there you go.

So there's that great work by Benes to start with then we get this jarring transition to Melo in the middle of the book. I've seen Melo's work before look really great so I'm suspecting this is a bit of a rush job. Disappointing for the second issue as Loosecannon says above.

It totally cracked me up when Dove tells Penguin she's got him and he's staring right at her boobs with a grin on his face! That was a very funny moment.

Overall I have to say this is a fantastic start to this book. Simone's just dropped us right in the middle of an action packed story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next