Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvel ending all current Avengers books!!

+15
Batman25JM
Joshua
Administrator
Chi-Town Spidey
Ben Akers
Metal Misfit
prescribeddrone
Rath99
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
shark6495
comicgeekelly
BlueMaxx
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked HUGE news:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1061476p1.html

This is a ridiculously ballsy move since the Avengers books are constant top sellers in the industry. I never thought they would cancel New Avengers yet (arguably the most successful title of the decade). But there it is...

NEW AVENGERS: FINALE
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by BRYAN HITCH

In the wake of SIEGE, an ALL NEW shocking conclusion to the landmark NEW AVENGERS series. NEW AVENGERS is coming to an end…but not without a bang. For the first time ever, series regular Brian Bendis teams up with the superstar artist that reinvented team books for this generation…Bryan Hitch.

The entirety of the Marvel landscape has changed and many Avengers do not know their place in it. But before they can move on, some very important loose ends need to be tied up. A.K.A. it's payback time!! All this and a bevy of super star artists stop by to pay tribute to the work they made famous over the course of this top-selling book.

Thoughts?

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In a way it makes sense to re-start everything afresh because it seems this really will be a massive change to the way things have been for so long.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya. Just like they did with Heroes Reborn to recharge after late-80s and early 90s' "Dark Age" with Midnight Sons and Inferno and Onslaught and all that other jazz that was extra prominent in Marvel's universe during that time as it is now. A dawn to the dusk, so to speak.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn, this is a pretty big shocker. I'm sure that the month after or maybe even a couple months down the road we'll see a just plain Avengers book.

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

it is surprising but I have a feeling this will just lead to a new Avengers book being published in the next 6-10 months. Get the heroes back in line and a new book will form..... maybe... lol

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'd rather just have one Avengers book. $4 is fine. No other offspring.

X-Men too. Wolverine can wear his 200 diff uniforms throughout the same title. Smile

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Question: Post-Siege now, and in the future of Marvel and the Heroic Age, I’m just going to go ahead and assume that the Avengers, or some form of the Avengers of course, will make it out. With Marvel doing a lot of renumbering with Thor and with Daredevil, are we going to see Avengers come out of it with a renumbered title? Or are we still going to have multiple Avengers? Or is that too much to reveal?

Bendis: I can’t reveal this just yet, we’re just at the first issue. But I’m thinking about a month from now we’re going to reveal all the Avengers plans, and they’re pretty grandiose! They’re pretty big! New Avengers and Dark Avengers still sitting up there on the top of the charts, so this revamping of the line is pretty brave and I’m pretty excited about it. But no one knows what’s coming! They’re not ready for what’s coming. That I’m stoked about.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/2010/01/multiversity-comics-presents-brian_15.html

I've been speculating for awhile that there would be a renumbering for The Avengers #600 but looking at the scenarios now, the numbers don't quite add up. They're either a little over or a little under. Either way, this revamp seems like its gonna be huge...

rwe1138

rwe1138

The rumored Gage/McKone Avengers Academy will probably spin out of this.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:The rumored Gage/McKone Avengers Academy will probably spin out of this.
Yep.

I thought Bendis's answer to the JLA question was interesting and pretty funny.

Question: If you were ever given the chance, what would you personally do to the Justice League of America?

Bendis: What?! I WOULD DESTROY THEM!

I think the Justice League, there’s a lot there to them. Years ago, Brad Meltzer and I, he called me up and said how badly he wanted to do a Justice League/Avengers with me, but DC didn’t want to do it. Then you can’t help the week thinking of all the things that you would do if you could write the Justice League for a little bit, and the different tones of the Avengers. Even if they’re the “mirror group” of the companies, they couldn’t be more different! I have ideas about Justice League, but I’m going to keep them to myself, because I’M NOT GIVING GEOFF JOHNS AND JAMES ROBINSON FREE LUNCH! They have to do it by themselves, and I’m sorry.

But you know what? More times than not, it does feel like I’m at the right company, and then I do think of those characters and what I would do with those characters, and I can’t help but then also go, “Nah, nah. I should be at Marvel. This is where my passion is right now. These characters mean the world to me.” And as a fan I’ll believe that gets across, but I love these characters and I also love the people that I work with and the freedom I’m allowed. Years ago they asked me and Alex to take over Batman, and I don’t know if they would let us do what we would have wanted to do, you know? As cool as that sounds, I don’t know if that would’ve worked out for us, so I’m glad we stayed here.

But one day, me and Alex will release a Plastic Man ongoing adult, rated X - you'll see! It’ll be the greatest book ever! One day...one day...the darkest noir book in the world. Plastic Man.

Laughing

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We all knew that the Dark Avengers had to end some how and that the staus quo Avengers would return in some form. It's kind of coming full circle with the Avengers as we knew them being distroyed in order to make way for the New Avengers and now it seem like they will go away (to an extent) and the Avengers Big 3 (Cap, Thor, Iron Man) will come back to lead the Avengers.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well damn, on one hand I'll save 8 bucks on another hand if the replacement Avengers title is as good as NA/DA usually is- I'll get it.

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Not a big deal. DC & Marvel "cancel" books all the time then immediately restart them with a different titling or tacked on adjectives. Let's see... "New" was the craze for a bit, then "Dark"... What word will Marvel revolve around now?

If anything, they should take this opportunity to pare the books down to two Avengers title at max. I'd like to see the Initiative cast/team continue in some form and it's probably time to get that "classic" feel to the core Avengers book by blending New with Mighty.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For those that haven't seen this teaser for The Heroic Age.

Marvel ending all current Avengers books!! 440_heroic

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I'm very interested to see what issue number they pick to "restart" the Avengers at.

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My guess, canceling all the present Avengers book cause after Siege is over, THE AVENGERS comic will come out, that's my guess at least.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Can I have my guesses too?

I know it's hard to believe, but I think Brian Bendis will write that new Avengers book. Crazy, right? And probably Tom Brevoort will edit it. Also, at least one former Avengers team member will be part of the new team. Maybe even 3 or 5, but 1 seems like a safe bet to me. Hmm... I'll even guess that there'll be a Marvel logo on the cover.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Can I have my guesses too?

I know it's hard to believe, but I think Brian Bendis will write that new Avengers book. Crazy, right? And probably Tom Brevoort will edit it. Also, at least one former Avengers team member will be part of the new team. Maybe even 3 or 5, but 1 seems like a safe bet to me. Hmm... I'll even guess that there'll be a Marvel logo on the cover.

Wooo going out on a major limb there.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

If I was a gambler, I would've put money on it.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hank Pym, Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman and Wolverine...with occasional appearances by the Hulk.

Hmmm...basically a cross between the Ultimates and New Avengers.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wow now this is one powerful team!

Reborn #6

Marvel ending all current Avengers books!! Capreborn6

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess I'm weird, I don't think this is huge news. It's certainly not the first time an Avengers book has ended. This is merely an opportunity to wipe the slate clean, have an "Avengers Assemble" event, and launch a new flagship title starring Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I guess I'm weird, I don't think this is huge news. It's certainly not the first time an Avengers book has ended. This is merely an opportunity to wipe the slate clean, have an "Avengers Assemble" event, and launch a new flagship title starring Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor.
Well its huge in a sense that its a major change in how the Avengers books have been structured over the last like 5 or 6 years. New Avengers has been one of the biggest books in comics during that time span, if not the biggest, so its pretty major for it to end. Obviously, I'm positive there will be new Avengers books launched. But still, ending major titles like that is nothing to sniff at if you ask me.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess I've just become jaded with the constant cancellations/reboots from the big two. Much like characters' deaths, the impact is lessened when it happens so frequently.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I guess I've just become jaded with the constant cancellations/reboots from the big two. Much like characters' deaths, the impact is lessened when it happens so frequently.
I hear you.

Look at it like this, this is sort of the equivalent to if DC were to end both Green Lantern books and relaunch and reshape the whole GL line post-Blackest Night. Its almost the exact situation since both the Avengers line and GL line were relaunched about the same time and have been helmed by essentially one main creator throughout. This Avengers relaunch is even bigger though because the Avengers books have been much more integral to the overall direction of the MU than the GL books have been for the DCU.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Look at it like this, this is sort of the equivalent to if DC were to end both Green Lantern books and relaunch and reshape the whole GL line post-Blackest Night.
That wouldn't shock me at all. You can only cancel and restart titles so many times before the impact is severely compromised. I reached my threshold for "Oh shit, look what's happening!" moments years ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum