Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 5 comic character performances, movies + TV

+4
Esbat
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
riv1
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Top 5 comic character performances:

1. Heath Ledger Joker

2. Jackie Earle Haley Rorschach

3. Michael Keaton Batman

4. Robert Downey JR Iron Man

5. Christopher Reeve Superman

Just my opinion. Top 10 would definately include Ed Norton Hulk and Wesley Snipes Blade...

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Good ones.

5) Billy Crudup as Dr. Jon Osterman/Doctor Manhattan (Poetically mechanical, just like in the books.)

4) Wesley Snipes as Blade (Many don't know too much about Blade, but Snipes did his fucking homework on this cult-followed anti-hero.)

3) Jackie Earl Haley as Walter Kovacs/Rorschach (The grit, the anger, the intelligence, the social-awkwardness...nicely done, Haley.)

2) Heath Ledger as The Joker (Best interpretation of a villain ever. EVER!)

1) Ron Perlman as Anung un Rama/Hellboy (The epitome of comic to film when it comes to characterization. He knocked it out of the frickin' park.)

Worth mentioning: Robert Downey, Jr. as Stark/Iron Man, of course.

rwe1138

rwe1138

Ian McKellen as Magneto

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd have to say Colin Farrell as Bullseye. He totally owned the role and stole the show in Daredevil.

http://realityfugitives.com/

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Eh. Thought Duncan's Kingpin was alright, I guess. They tweaked the persona a bit--what little was shown of the character. I did feel the vibe of the Kingpin well, though. That I-own-this-fuckin'-city type of vibe. But ya, they wasted a lot of moments on Elektra and Bullseye. Should've saved them for a sequel once they've set up The Kingpin and maybe "Crimemaster" and The Enforcers, and The Owl fight for territory. I know Crimemaster and The Enforcers are kind of Spider-Man schtick, but they've went up against DD many times. Possibly more than Spidey. Plus, it links to Kingpin, which is DD's villain. The Arranger, which the character Wesley Owen Welch was probably a nod to, should've been a bigger part of the first movie.

Then the sequel deals with Elektra and Bullseye. Fans'd have been pumped. Going all crime-drama noir with the first one, and then showing the fans, "Remember, he's in the MU and has supervillains."

I'm not this Affleck hater, but why couldn't they have chosen someone else?

rwe1138 wrote:Ian McKellen as Magneto
That should've been one of my honorable mentions. He looks a good bit older in the films, but it is more faithful to reality of aging. But ya, he got it down pat.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
Patrick Stewart as Professor X
Alfred Molina as Doc Ock

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
Alfred Molina as Doc Ock
Those 3 might make my top 10 if i ever get around to it. Definately a top 15 list. Come to think of it, Tobey Mcguire spider-man is definately top 10.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1. Heath Ledger -Joker

2. Robert Downey Jr -Iron Man/Tony Stark

3. Christopher Reeve -Superman/Clark Kent

4. Ron Perlman -Hellboy

5. Ian McKellen -Magneto

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alfred Molina as Doc Ock
Forgot about Molina's Dr. Octopus. Patrick Stewart was, of course, nicely cast. I still feel Wolverine should've been a bit different and more in the background the first couple of films. I've never seem him like he was in the movies. Not that Jackman was bad, just could've had a better script for him, I guess?

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Alfred Molina as Doc Ock
Forgot about Molina's Dr. Octopus. Patrick Stewart was, of course, nicely cast. I still feel Wolverine should've been a bit different and more in the background the first couple of films. I've never seem him like he was in the movies. Not that Jackman was bad, just could've had a better script for him, I guess?
I don't think Wolverine does "in the background". Laughing

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Apparently not to Marvel or FOX. Heh.

rwe1138

rwe1138

J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

supervenom

supervenom