Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Music Video

+2
shark6495
melvinlikechris
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Music Video Empty My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:33 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Knize isn't the only one making kick arse metal vids, this is the music video I made for my Media Coursework.

I would usually post something like this in 'The Official You-Tube/Video Thread' however this is kinda special to me.

The song is 'Trust' by Megadeth (Blood of Heroes is the name of the ficticious band in the video)

2My Music Video Empty Re: My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I use to do commercial and tv show editing, so I tend to look at these sort of critical. These are just observations or critiques so do not take them wrong, over all the video had a great vibe and told a good story. The video did seem to have a few pacing issues, but for a first video nicely done. Now the individual parts. It looked like in the beginning of the video you were using a camera that had an auto focus on it and it seemed like you were fighting the focus in the beginning. At around 2:43 when it cross fades from the book to the girl there is a weird reverse fade that happens. Where it seemed like you ran out of book video. Maybe shorten the fade by 5 frames? Overall though it looked very good. My only things I could mention for your next video would be these three things: work on your pacing-you tell a good story but if you shorten a few things you could get more details in, watch your natural lighting- it seemed when you shot the band you were getting some natural light bleeding in and messing with the color correction on the camera, and lastly on some of the stationary or panning shots it would help (if you plan on doing this professionally) to create a Steadicam kit, which allows you to move about while the camera does not jostle around. ( you can create on for cheap here http://steadycam.org/)

Other than that good video keep up the work

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

3My Music Video Empty Re: My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:51 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thanks for the comments, in hindsight there a few things I would do differently (for one I wouldn't actually be in the video and would have got someone else to play the guitarist) but ultiamtely I am satisifed.

4My Music Video Empty Re: My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:09 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blood of Heroes for the band name eh? Two Megadeth points FTW!

5My Music Video Empty Re: My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:16 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like it! I video edit also and I know both of us know how interesting it is. Good job and keep them coming! Laughing

6My Music Video Empty Re: My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not enough violence or nudity. Wink

Other than that...Good Job!

7My Music Video Empty Re: My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Great look to the vid, Melvin. Super professional!

8My Music Video Empty Re: My Music Video Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, I used to download official music videos from artists and bands and edit them to one of their songs that didn't have a video or at least not yet. I've been praised for my talent of making the clips synchronize closely. I don't make them anymore because YouTube doesn't isn't as nice or soft as they were 2 years ago but I'm happy to have three of them that are close to a million views and not to mention currently 261 subscribers. I've retired since they want to block my new video, Timbaland's "We Belong to the Music" featuring Miley Cyrus...worldwide?! They might as well had stripped it's audio like always and I would've had a million views from "Mileyacticts"! I don't mess with it anymore but take a look at it if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisDaMagicIzBack

Here's one of them and my best with over 770 hundred thousand views-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum