Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you know your comic book characters?

+14
Batman25JM
alucardbarnivous
Combo Mo
jaydee74
shining knight
superdoug
Joshua
elijahdprophet
Administrator
Bigtymin504
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Sandman
shark6495
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Do you know your comic book characters? Empty Do you know your comic book characters? Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:18 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Detektor/comicbookcharacters

Check it out, you get to guess comic book characters based on how many issues they have been in.... awesome game

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

I got 35 out of 66. there were some that I had not even CONSIDERED in that and there was only 1 bad guy!!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I surprisingly only got 39 out of 66. I'm tired and a bit off. That's my excuse. *crosses arms*

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I surprisingly only got 39 out of 66. I'm tired and a bit off. That's my excuse. *crosses arms*
come on! would you really have thought of # 7,8,& 9 if you were fully awake?

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

37.... hmm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

43/66...almost all the ones I missed were non-superheroes. dry

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Once you realize there are Disney and Archie characters, it's a bit easier.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yeah I only got 31, so dont take it so badly.... you all should check out the other comic games on there. There was a what issue did they appear, dc and marvel secret identities and such....

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

34 here. Did not even consider non supers. All the onse I was missing from the top 22 column were Disney.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

47/66. I got most of the Disney ones, but totally forgot the nephews. Argh.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

43/66. It would have been more, had I thought about non-heroes and knew how to spell Huey, Dewey, and Louie! (Louie was the only one I got right!)

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:43/66. It would have been more, had I thought about non-heroes and knew how to spell Huey, Dewey, and Louie! (Louie was the only one I got right!)
Then I'd say it's fair to say you got 45/66.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

65 out of 66 fucking gyro gearloose....

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

shining knight wrote:65 out of 66 fucking gyro gearloose....

I am pretty surprised that he has been in so many books, but I guess Gizmo Duck is a popular guy.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gyro Gearloose wasn't GizmoDuck, Fenton Crackshell was. I doubt GizmoDuck has very many comic book appearances.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Gyro Gearloose wasn't GizmoDuck, Fenton Crackshell was. I doubt GizmoDuck has very many comic book appearances.

Probably not. Launchpad, Gizmoduck, Webigail, and a few others from Ducktales/Darkwing Duck were created solely for the animated shows. I don't think they crossed over into the print versions of Duckburg or Mouseville....

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, GizmoDuck is very much a product of his time. He doesn't really fit in the Carl Barks universe. Launchpad seems pretty timeless, though that may be my own personal bias speaking because of my affinity for him.

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Joshua wrote:Gyro Gearloose wasn't GizmoDuck, Fenton Crackshell was. I doubt GizmoDuck has very many comic book appearances.

Ah, right, Gyro made the suit though, right? I'm not creating links out of thin air again am I?

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gyro did create the suit. Scrooge wanted a security system "with a brain".

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I doubt GizmoDuck has very many comic book appearances.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I looked it up. Gizmo/Fenton has only two 'traceable' appearances in Disney comics, and neither of them the 'main' titles:

1st print appearance: Disney's Cartoon Tales: DuckTales - Dime After Dime (1992 - W.D. Publications) in the tale "The Littlest Gizmo-Duck"

2nd print appearance: Disney's Colossal Comics Collection (Digest) #5 (1992 - Disney Comics) in the DarkWing Duck story called "Just Us Justice Ducks"

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Joshua wrote:I doubt GizmoDuck has very many comic book appearances.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I looked it up. Gizmo/Fenton has only two 'traceable' appearances in Disney comics, and neither of them the 'main' titles:

1st print appearance: Disney's Cartoon Tales: DuckTales - Dime After Dime (1992 - W.D. Publications) in the tale "The Littlest Gizmo-Duck"

2nd print appearance: Disney's Colossal Comics Collection (Digest) #5 (1992 - Disney Comics) in the DarkWing Duck story called "Just Us Justice Ducks"
It doesn't surprise me that he made any appearances, I was just skeptical that he had any pre-DuckTales comic appearances.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:65 out of 66 fucking gyro gearloose....

Same here. Who the fuck is that?

Do you know your comic book characters? Elf_Duesentrieb

Really? scratch

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

Really? scratch
He was created by Carl Barks in the 50s as part of the Donald Duck series of comic books. He also appeared in the animated series spun off of the comics, DuckTales, and was voiced by Hal Smith. He's pretty universally recognized.

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Joshua wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Really? scratch
He was created by Carl Barks in the 50s as part of the Donald Duck series of comic books. He also appeared in the animated series spun off of the comics, DuckTales, and was voiced by Hal Smith. He's pretty universally recognized.

Once I saw a picture I recognized him in an instant, but I didnt know that was his name.... awesome

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I don't remember him from anything else, but the character is burned in my mind after reading his FCBD Gemstone book two years ago.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum