Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Avengers

+31
Arsenal0602
UltimateUltimacy
GigaToast
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Demonweasel
G_Zatara
Batman25JM
gangsternerd
Lee
The Ignored One
Chi-Town Spidey
dmahoney
Mnemosis
Foreigner_Man
Aussiemandias
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
Fresh03
KingJoffers
Administrator
shiky800
shining knight
Jango Fett
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Joshua
Sandman
prescribeddrone
vikoros
Bigtymin504
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

326Secret Avengers - Page 14 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am all about some Nick Spencer on this.

327Secret Avengers - Page 14 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Indiana Solo wrote:I thought Spencer was too busy with Morning Glories and THUNDER Agents to write Supergirl, but he's got time for Secret Avengers. Boo! Hiss!

Secret Avengers is a way higher profle book than Supergirl. If I had the time to only write one of them, it would be an easy choice.

328Secret Avengers - Page 14 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:04 am

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

I'm going to be curious to see what Spencer does with the book. I love the Hell out of Brubaker, but Spencer is damn good too.

329Secret Avengers - Page 14 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Indiana Solo

Indiana Solo
Cadet
Cadet

comicgeekelly wrote:
Indiana Solo wrote:I thought Spencer was too busy with Morning Glories and THUNDER Agents to write Supergirl, but he's got time for Secret Avengers. Boo! Hiss!

Secret Avengers is a way higher profle book than Supergirl. If I had the time to only write one of them, it would be an easy choice.

I wouldn't have gone out of my way to say that I wasn't going to script the book I'd just announced to make sure that my other projects remained on time, and then picked up the reins on another title. I want to like Nick Spencer, but this bothers me.

330Secret Avengers - Page 14 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:03 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Avengers #10

I enjoyed this immensely.

The action sequences were fantastic. Deodato just kicked ass.

I'm super sad to see Brubaker leave.

331Secret Avengers - Page 14 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:Well now it makes sense why Nick Spencer is writing the 12.1 issue. He's taking over the book starting with issue 13.

He's a good writer, but I'd rather have Brubaker on the book.

What the hell?!?!

Noooooooooooooooo!

I wanted Brubaker on this for the long haul.

I don't think I have ever even heard of Nick Spencer.

Oh man, I am just completely disappointed to hear this. Brubaker was doing just a fantastic job and this was definitely my favourite Avengers book (also it's been one of my favourite Marvel books). Sad The thing is that I can't see Brubaker finishing off any of his larger storyline by isssue #12 so is that being handed over to Spencer too or is Brubaker taking the story elsewhere? And the way Brubaker talked about this book in interviews it really sounded to me like he had a much longer term run in mind. Very disappointing.

I've been getting THUNDER Agents and everyone seems to rave about Nick Spencer but I've not been impressed. The book has moved at an absolute snail's pace and I'm about to drop it which I think I will also be doing with this.

Not to mention Iron Man 2.0 - he's writing that too.

Batman25JM wrote:Secret Avengers #10

I enjoyed this immensely.

The action sequences were fantastic. Deodato just kicked ass.

I'm super sad to see Brubaker leave.

Yep, it was a fun issue. I loved the takedown of John Steele by Valkyrie (Steve Rogers landing on top of him first was pretty awesome too!). Can't wait until the next issue as I'm very keen to learn stome of Steele's backstory.

332Secret Avengers - Page 14 Empty Re: Secret Avengers Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah #10 was probably one of my favorite issues of the series so far. Tons of action and all gorgeously drawn by Deodato. I can't wait to see that conversation between John Steele and Cap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum