Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuck in time

+15
BlueMaxx
CherriesJubilee
alucardbarnivous
Aussiemandias
kidspider2099
(._Y_.)
Airwolf
Administrator
FroZen
Thundermatts
riv1
Joshua
Tom
Debaser77
Sandman
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Stuck in time Empty Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:36 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Ok say you got sucken in a time vortex and sent back to the Dawn of Man, and ina strange twist of Fate it gave you immortality Highlander style. Based on your knowledge of history, which is now your future, what would you do where would you go? There are several time periods that I am interested in but take place at the same time. Would you go to fuedal Japan and become a samurai? or find your way to south america and find out why the Myans stopped thier calender at 2012? December 25 0000 B.C. where would you be?

2Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The Grassy Knoll at Dealy Plaza in Dallas on November 22, 1963, sword in hand, ready to lop off some assassins' heads.

3Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Back to when the settlers first arrived from Europe to the "New World".
I would love to see what this country looked like before all these "modern marvels" were built.

4Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would definitely want to hit Bible times and follow Christ around, seeing miracles first-hand.

I think I'd like to hit the 18th and 19th centuries as a sailor. It's a tough life, but since I'm immortal I'm not too worried.

Other than that, I'd like to try every decade of the 20th century. I'd spend the 30s-60s trying to work at Disney, and then in 1966 I'd find Jim Henson and work with him.

5Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

"Psst...hey...Buddy Holly...don't get on that plane...seriously."

"Aw, Abe...I heard that play sucks anyway. Just stay home and chill with Mary Todd."

6Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:"Psst...hey...Buddy Holly...don't get on that plane...seriously."

"Aw, Abe...I heard that play sucks anyway. Just stay home and chill with Mary Todd."
Haven't you ever seen Back to the Future? You can't change what happened, you might destroy the universe! I don't want to live in a dystopian Hill Valley ruled by Biff Tannen because you couldn't live without the Great Emancipator.

7Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:48 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What he said. Much as i'd be tempted, i'm not gonna play God.

8Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You can't change what happened because it's already happened. Back to the Future time travel is re to the tarded.

9Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Joshua wrote:

Haven't you ever seen Back to the Future? You can't change what happened, you might destroy the universe! I don't want to live in a dystopian Hill Valley ruled by Biff Tannen because you couldn't live without the Great Emancipator.

As much as I enjoy Back to the Future, I don't put much faith in theories posited by a movie that claims Michael J. Fox invented rock and roll.

10Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:31 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Since I'm immortal...

I'd wanna be a gangster in the 20's and 30's Chicago .

Maybe a pirate in the 1770's.

Fight in Germany in W.W.II.

Check out the Witch Hunts in Salem. (pretty sure I'd get tried as a witch/Warlock and since I'm immortal I'd fool them all and still be alive to pass the dunk test and prove that I wasn't a witch...might've put too much thought into that one.)

11Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

riv1 wrote:What he said. Much as i'd be tempted, i'm not gonna play God.

what about going to ancient Egypt and proclaiming yourself a god? for all you know you could be the reason the pyrimids were build! and think of the harams! ...not that I think of such things of course...

12Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:You can't change what happened because it's already happened. Back to the Future time travel is re to the tarded.
All time travel is retarded because it isn't possible.

13Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I'll buy stocks of Betamax.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

14Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:19 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I'll buy stocks of Betamax.

Oh come on!! Go big....get stock in Laser Disc.

15Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's actually a wise investment since Betamax is still widely used and VHS is all but obsolete.

16Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rise of the roman empire and be a soldier - maybe a commander! commanderwolf!

17Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:Since I'm immortal...

Check out the Witch Hunts in Salem. (pretty sure I'd get tried as a witch/Warlock and since I'm immortal I'd fool them all and still be alive to pass the dunk test and prove that I wasn't a witch...might've put too much thought into that one.)

Maybe that actually does happen and that's why they use it as a test. Maybe the first "witch" was immortal and told the people that if you survive the dunk you're not a witch. hmmmm... Maybe it was you who will go back in time in the future and cause the witch hunts to happen in the first place. hmmm...

18Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

FroZen wrote:

Oh come on!! Go big....get stock in Laser Disc.

I actually miss laser disc. Crying or Very sad

19Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:
I'm curious, why? It's essentially just an inferior version of DVD.

20Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:
FroZen wrote:Since I'm immortal...

Maybe that actually does happen and that's why they use it as a test. Maybe the first "witch" was immortal and told the people that if you survive the dunk you're not a witch. hmmmm... Maybe it was you who will go back in time in the future and cause the witch hunts to happen in the first place. hmmm...

I'm sorry that you found out my secret.

My henchman will be at your door shortly. neutral

21Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Tom wrote:
I'm curious, why? It's essentially just an inferior version of DVD.

True... but I also miss records. Sure hauling them around was a pain in the butt, but I loved the larger artwork. I used to hang the sleeves on the wall. Also, some of the sleeves used to fold out like a booklet.

Plus, since most of the movies I love are comedies, I don't care if they are in hi-def or not. They're not going to make me laugh any more.

22Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I get missing records, there's a quality to the sound that isn't present on CDs. I can't really wrap my head around liking Laserdisc more than DVD. It's essentially the same thing, except it's a bigger disc and you have to turn it over halfway through the movie. As for being hi-definition or not, there's no such thing as a hi-def DVD, at least not where full-length movies are concerned.

23Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:27 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd wanna live in Medievel england for time that would awesome then i'd eventually to the new world, move out west be a cowboy. Then in the 60's i go with marvel comics.

24Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Wish I still had a record player. We had one when I was a kid and couple of years after my grandpa died one of my uncles gave my dad their father's player. We had that for awhile, and I listened to every record that came with it, but eventually my father sold it.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

25Stuck in time Empty Re: Stuck in time Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:08 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Wish I still had a record player. We had one when I was a kid and couple of years after my grandpa died one of my uncles gave my dad their father's player. We had that for awhile, and I listened to every record that came with it, but eventually my father sold it.

I've still got a record player and albums. The only thing in my collection are Black Sabbath and Ozzy albums though. Pretty sure most of them are warped by now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum