Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 42]

401The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

[quote="jaydee74"]
Foreigner_Man wrote:
shining knight wrote:
BTW, love your new avatar!
Oh and in Amy's Choice
Spoiler:
WHAT?!
Here's the ep. synopsis:
Spoiler:

402The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Sorry for any spoilers that may have lessened the enjoyment of the new season for Stateside fans.

I don't see a penchant for WWII with the Doctor. I can only think of one other story from the New Who and one from the classic series. (The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Curse of Fenric repectively) Am I missing something?

403The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Foreigner_Man"]
jaydee74 wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:
shining knight wrote:
BTW, love your new avatar!
Oh and in Amy's Choice
Spoiler:
WHAT?!
Here's the ep. synopsis:
Spoiler:

WOW!! This season sounds full of AWESOME!!

404The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

just watched episode two The Beast Below. Okay this is seriously bonkers stuff. Moffat is really stamping his 'Dark Fantasy' mark on the new season. I'm lovin it but I'll be interested to see what others think. I'm not gonna go into detail for fear of spoilers but blimey this was all kinds of wierd.

405The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:51 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:just watched episode two The Beast Below. Okay this is seriously bonkers stuff. Moffat is really stamping his 'Dark Fantasy' mark on the new season. I'm lovin it but I'll be interested to see what others think. I'm not gonna go into detail for fear of spoilers but blimey this was all kinds of wierd.

Every time an Englishman says 'blimey', they validate all the horrible cliche English used in Chris Claremont's initial run on Excalibur. tongue

406The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

superdoug wrote:
Jherek wrote:just watched episode two The Beast Below. Okay this is seriously bonkers stuff. Moffat is really stamping his 'Dark Fantasy' mark on the new season. I'm lovin it but I'll be interested to see what others think. I'm not gonna go into detail for fear of spoilers but blimey this was all kinds of wierd.

Every time an Englishman says 'blimey', they validate all the horrible cliche English used in Chris Claremont's initial run on Excalibur. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 51197

Guilty as charged Doug. I think we're still allowed to use 'Blimey' in moderation and it was in the spirit of an homage to Matt Smith's Doctor who has said Blimey a few times now. Personally it's one of my fave English expressions along with 'Crikey' and 'Guvnor'. Next time Shining Knight/David turns up here ask him about Scottishisms like 'Crivens!' and 'Jings!' The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 29517

407The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saw Beast Below yesterday. loved it. but yeah its kinda dark like Planet of the Ood dark.

408The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:57 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished watching Beast Below and while I have issues with this new incarnation of Who, I am seeing my issues being more of a character definition and to me that is what I am enjoying. Next weeks episode looks also amazing. I do see that this "crack" is going to be our theme for the season.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

409The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I enjoyed this episode. The second episode is usually kind of dark, and Moffat follows suit here. It's crazy stuff and I'm lovin' it. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan continue to be fantastic and Moffat's story is really good. That said, I wish the Smilers were a bit scarier. This was insane and I loved it. My only worry is whether or not we need an episode written by Neil Gaiman, coz he and Moffat share similar styles. Good episode, and when I saw this shot in the episode (MAJOR SPOILERS):
Spoiler:

I reacted like this.
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Pixel_scared

And then we see the crack in the wall, I wonder whether it affected anything or it's just following Amy& the doctor. Anyway, great episode. big grin

Spoiler:

410The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this show. Simply love it. Matt Smith is a very good Doctor and I totally understand why people say that their favorite Doctor is the one they are currently watching.

411The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Guilty as charged Doug. I think we're still allowed to use 'Blimey' in moderation and it was in the spirit of an homage to Matt Smith's Doctor who has said Blimey a few times now. Personally it's one of my fave English expressions along with 'Crikey' and 'Guvnor'. Next time Shining Knight/David turns up here ask him about Scottishisms like 'Crivens!' and 'Jings!

Hoots he speaks the truth gang! Laughing

incidently the fate of scotland in this future is so damn true it isn't funny Laughing

So yeah was gonna use something else for this weeks avatar but I didn't want to spoil anything for doug so you get smiley smiler instead (which I thought was faaaaaaaaaaar creepier than pissed off smiler)

412The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:36 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:
Guilty as charged Doug. I think we're still allowed to use 'Blimey' in moderation and it was in the spirit of an homage to Matt Smith's Doctor who has said Blimey a few times now. Personally it's one of my fave English expressions along with 'Crikey' and 'Guvnor'. Next time Shining Knight/David turns up here ask him about Scottishisms like 'Crivens!' and 'Jings!

Hoots he speaks the truth gang! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 29517
Och I'm an honorary Scot via my ex-wife (long story) and many trips to the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
shining knight wrote: incidently the fate of scotland in this future is so damn true it isn't funny The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 29517

Indeed there was an awful lot of political insight about the state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in this episode. With elections coming up here too, the episode couldn't have been more relevant.

shining knight wrote:So yeah was gonna use something else for this weeks avatar but I didn't want to spoil anything for doug so you get smiley smiler instead (which I thought was faaaaaaaaaaar creepier than pissed off smiler)
Damn straight. Moffat is the king of kids' nightmares, taking innocuous imagery (statues, clockwork dolls, cracks in walls, gas masks and now those creepy fairground dummies in boxes) and giving it a sinister spin. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Affraid

413The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

414The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:05 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If there was one thing I didn't like with this episode was that the demon headmaster was totally wasted in the short screentime he got.

waiting for someone to say "who?" Laughing

415The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:43 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So yeah this weeks avatar is a pre-emptive one as I don't think it could be anything else than that!

416The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:So yeah this weeks avatar is a pre-emptive one as I don't think it could be anything else than that!
Love it. And what a great episode. So much to enjoy, it's gonna take me a day or so to process all that. There's definitely something screwy (or wibbly wobbly) going on with space/time. No spoilers from me though. How do you like the new Dalek design?

417The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:56 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw the first episode of the new season on BBC America tonight and I have to say that I was really happy with it. I wasn't sure how I felt about Smith going, but now I think he'll do a fine job as the Doctor.

418The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:23 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They are gorgous the new daleks

Spoiler:

Next week....

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Weeping%20Angel%203

lest we forget....

Doug should have seen episode 1 by now wonder what he thought of it

419The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:57 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

420The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok so I'm a little behind but I did get to see the first episode and am looking forward to the next episode (April 24) on BBC America. As much as I wanted to dislike Matt Smith I just couldn't. I thought it was a really good episode and def. has me psyched for the next. Weeping Angels hiding in amongst other stone statues right?? Anyways...oh and the new companion Amy Pond is a str8 up hottie IMO. And on another note Steven Moffet is really gonna knock this season outta the park. "Blink" is one of my favorite episodes from season 3.

421The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:37 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I should stop clicking spoilers in this thread....but I can't seem too. Laughing

422The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some people would do their sequels as seperate stories but not our man Moffet....

The time of angels is a sequel to both blink and silence in the Library Laughing

423The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Is anyone else (that's seen all the latest episodes) thinking that there's something not quite right about everything? Not just the crack in Space/Time and Amy's Dalek knowledge gap but the whole universe that this season seems to be inhabiting is just slightly...strange. Strange in a parallel/pocket universe kinda way? I know Moffat's new 'fairy tale' tone is what it's all about but the WW II London depicted in 'Victory of the Daleks' compared to the same era as shown in 'The Empty Child/Doctor Dances' is a bit...well...unrealistic. It looked like a film set and I don't think this was due to budgetary constraints or bad design, I think the slightly unreal, dreamlike mood we've experienced in every episode so far is hiding a deeper threat. Right from the start Amy's village seemed a very idealised and yes unreal place. Like an attempt to create a 'perfect' English village. Or the kind of place a ten year old girl might inhabit in her imagination perhaps? It reminded me of the 'Big Ben - The Man With No Time for Crime' strip in the old Warrior comics where the events took place in a virtual world of uber quaint Englishness as a cover for the real sinister goings on involving back engineered alien tech. Oh I dunno maybe I'm reading too much into this. Anyone else got any theories? Something's going on. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Icon_scratch The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 334450

424The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:02 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ Well, now I'm really gonna be paying attention for the things you're describing. But I definately see your point about how pefect everything seemed in Amy's village. It just really seemed surreal

425The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Is anyone else (that's seen all the latest episodes) thinking that there's something not quite right about everything? Not just the crack in Space/Time and Amy's Dalek knowledge gap but the whole universe that this season seems to be inhabiting is just slightly...strange. Strange in a parallel/pocket universe kinda way? I know Moffat's new 'fairy tale' tone is what it's all about but the WW II London depicted in 'Victory of the Daleks' compared to the same era as shown in 'The Empty Child/Doctor Dances' is a bit...well...unrealistic. It looked like a film set and I don't think this was due to budgetary constraints or bad design, I think the slightly unreal, dreamlike mood we've experienced in every episode so far is hiding a deeper threat. Right from the start Amy's village seemed a very idealised and yes unreal place. Like an attempt to create a 'perfect' English village. Or the kind of place a ten year old girl might inhabit in her imagination perhaps? It reminded me of the 'Big Ben - The Man With No Time for Crime' strip in the old Warrior comics where the events took place in a virtual world of uber quaint Englishness as a cover for the real sinister goings on involving back engineered alien tech. Oh I dunno maybe I'm reading too much into this. Anyone else got any theories? Something's going on. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 Icon_scratch The official; Doctor who thread - Page 17 334450

Interesting thoughts. I am finally caught up with the new series and it's brilliant. Three stories down and it's been awesome. I love the new Daleks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum