Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Arrow & Hawkeye

+8
BlueMaxx
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
LordD3r3k
Joshua
Batman25JM
Debaser77
jaydee74
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Green Arrow or Hawkeye

Green Arrow & Hawkeye Vote_lcap52%Green Arrow & Hawkeye Vote_rcap 52% [ 11 ]
Green Arrow & Hawkeye Vote_lcap43%Green Arrow & Hawkeye Vote_rcap 43% [ 9 ]
Green Arrow & Hawkeye Vote_lcap5%Green Arrow & Hawkeye Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:20 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I was curious about this. When you look at the two archers, there are a LOT of similarities. Both have archer themed identities. Both were on their universe's premiere teams (JLA and Avengers). Both of them are into female heroes with bird-like themes (Black Canary and Mockingbird) and if I remember correctly, they both even share a passion for chilli. Also, I feel their attitudes are sorta similar to each other. So my question is do you prefer one over the other or do you like them both equally because they seem so similar to each other?

2Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also, why do you prefer one to the other?

3Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I like both characters, but I'm more familiar with Clint, so I voted for him.

4Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty familiar with both of them as well. I like them both pretty equally but in the end I was always a sucker for the trick arrows so I went with Green Arrow which is not to say I'm not a big Hawkeye fan. In fact, I like the name Hawkeye better than Green Arrow but the trick arrows pushes GA ahead a bit.

5Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Now that I think of it, they do have a lot of similarities. Both are notorious for not playing well with others, both have had lots of woman troubles, and both have come back from the dead.

6Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love them both, but I'm going with Green Arrow. The only real reason for this is because I'm more familiar with him. I hadn't even heard of him until JLU (I didn't collect comics regularly until about 4 years ago). JLU made me love GA, so I decided to check him out in the comics. I read the Kevin Smith, Brad Meltzer, and then Judd Winick stuff and fell in love with him even more. Smallville also furthered my love for him.

With Hawkeye, I have some exposure to him, and I do love him, but I am not as familiar with him as I am with GA. The main exposure I have to him is Bendis' stuff (Avengers: Disassembled, House of M, New Avengers, Secret Invasion), and for most of that he's been Ronin. I do have some non-Bendis exposure to him, but not a lot.

7Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Now that I think of it, they do have a lot of similarities. Both are notorious for not playing well with others, both have had lots of woman troubles, and both have come back from the dead.

It's very interesting how similar they are to each other when you look at them side-by-side.

8Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been a Hawkeye fan all of my life. My penchant for archers leaves a soft spot in my heart for Ollie, but Hawkeye just resonates more with me. I think it's a combination of the aesthetic design and the fact that he isn't a liberal mouthpiece.

9Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I've been a Hawkeye fan all of my life. My penchant for archers leaves a soft spot in my heart for Ollie, but Hawkeye just resonates more with me. I think it's a combination of the aesthetic design and the fact that he isn't a liberal mouthpiece.

Well, Ollie is also a liberal mouthpiece. It's why he and Hawkman don't get along so well. I do love Hawkeye's costume though. It's why it annoyed for so long when he was in that Ronan costume. I just didn't like it as much as the Hawkeye costume. Although Green Arrow's costume with the hood is fairly cool too. I've always liked his Robin Hood look.

10Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Joshua wrote:I've been a Hawkeye fan all of my life. My penchant for archers leaves a soft spot in my heart for Ollie, but Hawkeye just resonates more with me. I think it's a combination of the aesthetic design and the fact that he isn't a liberal mouthpiece.

Well, Ollie is also a liberal mouthpiece.
scratch
That's what I just said.

11Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Well, Ollie is also a liberal mouthpiece.
scratch
That's what I just said.

My eyes were completely playing tricks on me and I read that wrong. Nevemind. huh

12Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I love them both, but I'm going with Green Arrow. The only real reason for this is because I'm more familiar with him. I hadn't even heard of him until JLU (I didn't collect comics regularly until about 4 years ago). JLU made me love GA, so I decided to check him out in the comics. I read the Kevin Smith, Brad Meltzer, and then Judd Winick stuff and fell in love with him even more. Smallville also furthered my love for him.

With Hawkeye, I have some exposure to him, and I do love him, but I am not as familiar with him as I am with GA. The main exposure I have to him is Bendis' stuff (Avengers: Disassembled, House of M, New Avengers, Secret Invasion), and for most of that he's been Ronin. I do have some non-Bendis exposure to him, but not a lot.

I forgot to mention that Ultimate Hawkeye kicks major ass (if you exclude Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum).

It's funny, I'm fairly conservative, and yet I LOVE Green Arrow. I don't know why his liberal attitude doesn't bug me.

13Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Green Arrow, I just prefer Hawkeye.

14Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For me, my choice could really change on a dime. I just love the trick arrows.

15Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:For me, my choice could really change on a dime. I just love the trick arrows.

I do too, and it really bugs me that Ollie doesn't really use them that much anymore.

16Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:24 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow. Never developed any interest in Hawkeye. Not to say he's a bad character, just never had a motivation to check him out.

17Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Green Arrow. Never developed any interest in Hawkeye. Not to say he's a bad character, just never had a motivation to check him out.

I'm SHOCKED that you prefer a DC character over a Marvel character. Wink tongue

18Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:09 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Clint and Ollie. Both are their own man and they don't put up with any BS. That being said, I've had much more experience with Hawkeye, so I'd go with him. Green Arrow is a great character too, but I'm a pretty big Hawkeye fan, especially recently. He's stepped up and been a major leader in the Marvel Universe lately, moreso than GA has in the DCU recently I'd say.

19Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:19 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I vote other, give me Ultimate Hawkeye any day, he's three quarters Hawkeye, one quarter Bullseye, and one hundred percent awesome.

If I had to pick a main continuity character I'd probably go with Ollie.

20Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:34 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'm SHOCKED that you prefer a DC character over a Marvel character. Wink tongue

Hey, I can't help being drawn to talent. BOOM, Roasted tongue

21Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:42 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cissie King-Jones, Arrowette!!! Wink Just kidding. Although, I did really enjoy her character in Impulse's series.

I'll go with Green Arrow. I'm actually not that into him, but he's alright in groups. Can't vouch for his series, although I've heard nothing but good. Which is another thing, he's had such long series, ongoings/minis/one-shots, of critical acclaim. Can't say that with Clint. His attitude is kind of interesting (his political stance never really annoyed me), and his dynamic with Dinah can be fun at times. Ollie has two decades on Clint, his theme works well in a world of superheroes and vigilantes, while Clint feels like he was created out of the sole purpose of having an archer-themed character on Marvel's big-team's roster.

I disliked that both came back from the dead, but Ollie and the whole Parallax/Hal thing was so bad that it needed correcting, while Clint went out better than he should've been offered. Yet still a good ending for Hawkeye. Then they screwed up a good ending for the character by bringing him back.

Oliver Queen.

22Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:49 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I'm SHOCKED that you prefer a DC character over a Marvel character. Wink tongue

Hey, I can't help being drawn to talent. BOOM, Roasted tongue

lol!

23Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:32 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even though I'm a fan of archers in other mediums, I've never really followed these archers closely. I've never payed attention to Green Arrow in the past and found Hawkeye to be too belligerent for my tastes. Nowadays I enjoy them both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Green Arrow.

24Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:For me, my choice could really change on a dime. I just love the trick arrows.

I do too, and it really bugs me that Ollie doesn't really use them that much anymore.
I know. The last time I saw any trick arrows was when Conner had to use Ollie's trick arrows to help the JLA in Morrison's run that helped Conner get into the JLA for a short time.

25Green Arrow & Hawkeye Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:00 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Hawkeye for me. Why? Because I'm a closed-minded Marvel elitist. Make mine Marvel!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum