Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Arrow & Hawkeye

+8
BlueMaxx
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
LordD3r3k
Joshua
Batman25JM
Debaser77
jaydee74
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Green Arrow or Hawkeye

Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% [ 11 ]
Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% [ 9 ]
Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:50 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'm pretty familiar with both of them as well. I like them both pretty equally but in the end I was always a sucker for the trick arrows so I went with Green Arrow which is not to say I'm not a big Hawkeye fan. In fact, I like the name Hawkeye better than Green Arrow but the trick arrows pushes GA ahead a bit.
for me that is what puts green arrow behind hawkeye. i think a lot of the trick arrows is just lame.

27Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:15 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:For me, my choice could really change on a dime. I just love the trick arrows.

I do too, and it really bugs me that Ollie doesn't really use them that much anymore.
I know. The last time I saw any trick arrows was when Conner had to use Ollie's trick arrows to help the JLA in Morrison's run that helped Conner get into the JLA for a short time.

One of my favorite lines from JLU is from Green Arrow:

"And Black Canary said a buzz-saw arrow was self-indulgent...."

28Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:Hawkeye for me. Why? Because I'm a closed-minded Marvel elitist. Make mine Marvel!
Rolling Eyes

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:For me, my choice could really change on a dime. I just love the trick arrows.

I do too, and it really bugs me that Ollie doesn't really use them that much anymore.
I know. The last time I saw any trick arrows was when Conner had to use Ollie's trick arrows to help the JLA in Morrison's run that helped Conner get into the JLA for a short time.

Laughing I don't know why but trick arrows make me chuckle.

29Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I'm pretty familiar with both of them as well. I like them both pretty equally but in the end I was always a sucker for the trick arrows so I went with Green Arrow which is not to say I'm not a big Hawkeye fan. In fact, I like the name Hawkeye better than Green Arrow but the trick arrows pushes GA ahead a bit.
for me that is what puts green arrow behind hawkeye. i think a lot of the trick arrows is just lame.
Hawkeye has trick arrows too. neutral

30Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:32 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
shiky800 wrote:
Hawkeye has trick arrows too. neutral

He did? I honestly don't remember him using trick arrows. Well, if you can show me a picture, I'm gonna have to seriously rethink my favorite archer.

31Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:21 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is from Wikipedia:
Powers and abilities

While Hawkeye has no superhuman powers (with the exception of the period when using Pym particles to become Goliath), he is a trained athlete and tactician, being at the very peak of human conditioning. The character is a grandmaster marksman, having been trained by the criminal archer Trick Shot, and has been a highly trained acrobat and aerialist since his days in the circus. Hawkeye has been thoroughly trained by Captain America in tactics, martial arts, and hand-to-hand combat. Hawkeye excels in the use of weapons, especially the bow and arrow, and carries a quiver containing a number of customized "trick-arrows" that use sonics, gas, explosives, and flares, among others. In his new role as Ronin, Barton shows great proficiency with the katana and other melee weapons.

Here's a link to trick arrows from Wikipedia. It has a list of the different trick arrows used by both Hawkeye and Green Arrow:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick_arrows

32Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

I love that line.

33Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:51 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 65766-hawkeye_vs_green_arrow
Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Green-arrow-versus-hawkeye

Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Avengers_v1_042_p08
"In a rare moment of self-awareness, Hawkeye realizes that, although he is virtually identical to the Justice League's Green Arrow, he will never be remotely as cool, largely because Green Arrow scored with Black Canary and had a kid sidekick with a heroin problem. Take that, Stan Lee!"
From: http://comicsmakenosense.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

34Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Green-arrow-versus-hawkeye
I love that picture.

35Green Arrow & Hawkeye - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow & Hawkeye Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
From: http://comicsmakenosense.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

Alot of the those examples are explained rather easily by normal continuity. I hate being that guy who says such things but yeah. This is like the 3rd-4th time this week I've played continuity cop. It's embarassing. hmm Laughing I figured he's being humourous but yeah, continuity compells me like the Power Cosmic 9ten points for who gets the exact reference---I've been in uber-geek mode as of late). Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum