Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

american's playing british

+9
Batman25JM
Spaced4SimonPegg
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
shark6495
BlueMaxx
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
Administrator
kidspider2099
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1american's playing british Empty american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't say i'm a fan of americans playing Brits. I think british movies need british actors not americans. Most of the americans i've seen play brits do a pretty good job. I just think if the movie is an all british production it should be an alll british production.

also i don't really like british actors playing americans. I love their accents and when alot of them do americans they can sound kinda odd. Like simon pegg played an american in some movie with david swimner and he was sounded so not normal.

2american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

american's playing british Housemdfoff

( tongue )

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't understand why it matters.

4american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:american's playing british Housemdfoff

( tongue )

Joshua wrote:I don't understand why it matters.

american's playing british Ditto-787902

5american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:25 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it doesn't really matter it's just something that kinda annoys me.

6american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh, it depends. Brits and Aussies, for the most part, are pretty good at American accent. We're pretty easy, I guess. Wink

7american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:12 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yeah the American Midwest accent is one of the easiest to master. The reason being is that the sound is produced mostly in the middle of the voice productions. Its not really a sliding accent. Plus american accents have many influences (southern, east/west coast, midwest, plains) from foreign languages. Yea I do not have an issue with this at all. If you can make me go "holy crap I didnt know he was english" then you are doing a good job. Its no different when you have someone who is not from boston play a bostonian or if you have someone from Chicago play a southerner. So I have no worries when an American plays a brit or a brit plays an american. Just get the accent right and I am happy.

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

8american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:Just get the accent right and I am happy.

Indeed. That's all that matters. Country of origin is pretty pointless if they can get the needed accent right.

9american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:21 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I can't say i'm a fan of americans playing Brits. I think british movies need british actors not americans. Most of the americans i've seen play brits do a pretty good job. I just think if the movie is an all british production it should be an alll british production.

also i don't really like british actors playing americans. I love their accents and when alot of them do americans they can sound kinda odd. Like simon pegg played an american in some movie with david swimner and he was sounded so not normal.

The movie was Big Nothing and it was pure shit. The chick in it was also british who did an American accent...she also does one in She's Out of Your League.

I agree with your point.

10american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:29 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly, it doesn't bother me when an actor uses a fake accent as long as it sounds good. I think it's kind of sexy when a British or Australian woman uses an American accent.

11american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pip pip old bean!

12american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Hee, "pip"

13american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:02 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:I can't say i'm a fan of americans playing Brits. I think british movies need british actors not americans. Most of the americans i've seen play brits do a pretty good job. I just think if the movie is an all british production it should be an alll british production.

The movie was Big Nothing and it was pure shit. The chick in it was also british who did an American accent...she also does one in She's Out of Your League.

I agree with your point.

i kinda figured you were and that movie was one i was talking about. Simon pegg sounds so not good as an american.

14american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I don't understand why it matters.
QFT. Who the hell cares? As long as they do a good job with the role, it doesn't matter to me.

15american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

I agree with your point.

i kinda figured you were and that movie was one i was talking about. Simon pegg sounds so not good as an american.

He does a better Scottish accent than American. His accent took me completely out of the movie.

Although I will admit I think it is cute when Gerard Butler tries to do an American accent because you can actually see him trying to do it when he is talking and he goes in and out of it with certain words and phrases.

16american's playing british Empty Re: american's playing british Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Batman25JM wrote:I think it's kind of sexy when a British or Australian woman uses an American accent.

I actually like Minnie Driver better when she plays an American woman. Her accent in Good Will Hunting was actually kind of annoying, but I LOVED her in Grosse Pointe Blank and on The Riches.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum