Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Zombie Guide and World War Z

+7
Bigtymin504
Heytherejeffro
Spaced4SimonPegg
potatojoe
deadbolt85
BlueMaxx
ChrisToPhenom
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

...and can't wait to read them! I haven't read a good book in a while since Neil Strauss's The Game and Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings has already satisfied me until J.K. Rowling publishes a encyclopedia soon. I heard such good things about The Zombie Guide and World War Z and should have picked up the start of them all at age 13 in 2003, I know I'm missing out.

Covers-

The Zombie Guide and World War Z ZombieThe Zombie Guide and World War Z World%20war%20z

2The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You won't be disappointed. Don't let the textbook stylings deter you, the guide is fun and keeps you going till the end and WWZ really immerses you in that post-Z holocaust.

3The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:43 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:You won't be disappointed. Don't let the textbook stylings deter you, the guide is fun and keeps you going till the end and WWZ really immerses you in that post-Z holocaust.
Yeah, that what I heard-I love anything zombie related and this is going to be a couple of nice reads. I almost bought the audio book but I want it in my hands.

4The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, and don't forget the graphic novel. Need to pick this up myself.
The Zombie Guide and World War Z Zombie_Survival_Guide_Book
Heard it's good, but short.

5The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, that's a comic? I thought from the title "Recorded" it was a CD with audio of the attacks. I'll keep this in mind.

6The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:22 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

There is an audiobook featuring various actors voicing the survivors.

7The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:25 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

World War Z is a damn fine book.

If you want to check out a zombie book with a twist on the genre, check out The Rising

8The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote:There is an audiobook featuring various actors voicing the survivors.
Well, that sounds cool. Audio-books aren't for dummies anymore, they actually put some great voice-acting in them nowadays. Like radio-shows.

9The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed the Zombie Survival Guide and I am getting ready to read World War Z. I also enjoyed reading David Wellingtons Monster Nation and Monster Island.

10The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:24 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:
If you want to check out a zombie book with a twist on the genre, check out The Rising
Keep hearing about this one, just forget to look for it whenever I'm at the bookstore.

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I really enjoyed the Zombie Survival Guide and I am getting ready to read World War Z. I also enjoyed reading David Wellingtons Monster Nation and Monster Island.
I'll look up these ones, too.

11The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:01 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've said this before, but the WWZ audiobook is one of the greatest things ever. The voice-acting is ridiculously talented: Mark Hammil, Henry Rollins, Carl and Rob Reiner, Alan Alda, John Turturo, and more.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

12The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Really? I may actually pick that up before the film comes out. Sounds like they went all out. Or maybe just fans? Both?

13The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:20 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, Max Brooks is Mel Brooks' son, which was his Reiner connection. And I think he did voice work on some cartoons, which is where he met a lot of the other guys. Ultimately, though, it's a face melter.

14The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:I've said this before, but the WWZ audiobook is one of the greatest things ever. The voice-acting is ridiculously talented: Mark Hammil, Henry Rollins, Carl and Rob Reiner, Alan Alda, John Turturo, and more.
Yeah I still gotta pick that up. Mark Hammil is on it? He's a phenomenal voice actor.

15The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:I've said this before, but the WWZ audiobook is one of the greatest things ever. The voice-acting is ridiculously talented: Mark Hammil, Henry Rollins, Carl and Rob Reiner, Alan Alda, John Turturo, and more.
Yeah I still gotta pick that up. Mark Hammil is on it? He's a phenomenal voice actor.
He plays the main "grunt/soldier".
I remember how they called the zombies "Zack" (think Vietcong:"Charlie")

16The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
He plays the main "grunt/soldier".
I remember how they called the zombies "Zack" (think Vietcong:"Charlie")
Yeah I was confused when I first read them saying "Zack" but then realized it.

17The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

When I was watching Zombieland and they started going through their "rules" I totally thought of the Zombie guide. Which I have yet to finish. Entertaining read though.

18The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Wed May 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Z is such a damn fine book. Probably the best zombie related story this side of Walking Dead. Do not be surprised to read it more than once, or five times.

19The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Wed May 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was just talking abut WWZ today with a co-worker. Very Happy

It's a fun book to read. I wasn't 100% sure I was going to like it... mostly because I read before bed and zombie games give me nightmares so I wasn't looking forward to that. They never came and I stayed up late some nights reading. Very Happy

It's hard to put down. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

20The Zombie Guide and World War Z Empty Re: The Zombie Guide and World War Z Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:28 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I love this audio book

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum