Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goodbye, Jack Bauer...

+3
Batman25JM
shiky800
ChrisToPhenom
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:26 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sad This is all so sudden...ah, well. I'll stay tuned for the film.

News-

latest rough day will be his last on TV.

FOX drama "24" will conclude with its current eighth season, star Mary Lynn Rajskub Tweeted on Friday, breaking the news.

"Just found out we got the word officially," she Tweeted. "This is 24's last season."

FOX later confirmed the news, calling it a joint decision between "24" star and executive producer, Kiefer Sutherland, and showrunner Howard Gordon.

"This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible," Kiefer said in a statement to Access Hollywood. "While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted '24' to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon. This feels like the culmination of all our efforts from the writers to the actors to our fantastic crew and everyone at FOX."

The star added that a feature film based on the show is in development.

The series finale of "24" will air on Monday, May 24.

The series offered a groundbreaking format upon its November 2001 debut by splitting a 24-hour day into one-hour real-time episodes, and grappled with terrorism and political issues in the wake of 9/11.

2Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:35 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i heard about this 2 weeks ago

3Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, this kinda sucks. I LOVE 24. I'll miss it.

4Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:i heard about this 2 weeks ago

I just saw this on Yahoo!'s homepage yesterday and was shocked. I always thought it would be planned and announced in every promo like Lost is doing now..

5Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The douchiest, most annoying responce on the internet.

6Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:

The douchiest, most annoying responce on the internet.
You should read through your posting history some time. tongue

7Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ha!

8Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read this in the New York Times this past weekend. The show had a very good run. I also heard that there are possible plans for a movie down the line.

9Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

This is another long-running show that I never bothered to get into because I missed the first season. I'll check out the DVDs one day, after I've caught up on The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, etc. Jeez, watching TV shows after their initial runs is exhausting.

10Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:17 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched like season 5 or six or something, and enjoyed it but never bothered to watch anything more.

11Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Empty Re: Goodbye, Jack Bauer... Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:22 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:This is another long-running show that I never bothered to get into because I missed the first season. I'll check out the DVDs one day, after I've caught up on The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos, etc. Jeez, watching TV shows after their initial runs is exhausting.

I didn't watch the show when it started. The first episode I ever saw was the first episode of season 5. I was instantly hooked. While season 5 was still airing I caught up with the first 4 (while still watching season 5 as it was airing). This show is just great. There have been a few low points (season 6, and the first half of season 3), but all in all it's just great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum