Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics

+10
Spazzy
Jherek
Administrator
BlueMaxx
LordD3r3k
Aussiemandias
jaydee74
G_Zatara
Matt
Joshua
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, if you’re a fan of my work in the field of comics, you’ve most likely heard the news that I’m no longer doing work for DC. I’m told that speculation is flying fast and furious as to why this is, and apparently, even despite my on-the-record comments, it continues.

There is no drama here, folks. It is as it appears. I’m stepping away from DC to pursue different opportunities. Nothing more nefarious than that. Nothing less sinister. Time is a commodity that is as precious to me as it is rare, and there’s simply not enough of it.
http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/37574.htm/

As a fan of Rucka's work on Detective Comics this disappoints me greatly, but I'm optimistic that DC will pair Batwoman with a writer who complements her and utilizes her as well as Rucka did.

2Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

son of a bitch

3Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:54 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/04/02/greg-rucka-done-with-batwoman-and-dc/

it was announced this past weekend.

still a shame.

4Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That really does suck considering how well Rucka wrote Batwoman. I hope whoever they put on her title can get her voice down like Greg did.

5Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope the art continues to rotate between j.H. Williams and Jock.

6Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I hope the art continues to rotate between j.H. Williams and Jock.
Same here.

7Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Throws massive child-like tantrum! Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm truly disappointed to hear this as Rucka's Detective Comics/Batwoman was truly one of my favourite books/characters out there. Not just Batwoman, though - both Batwoman and the Question were really Rucka's voice. He's pretty much managed these 2 characters over the last few years and done a wonderful job.

Dammit. Nothing lasts forever I suppose. I just hope like crazy they put a quality writer to work on Batwoman.

8Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, indeed disappointing. But at least it was on good terms.

9Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Taking note from G's link.

...damn. I was wondering why Detective Comics is changing back to Batman (Dick), thought Rucka was leaving because he was prepping for the Batwoman series that was promised. Sad

I don't think there's going to be a Batwoman title later, now. Could see Brubaker writing Batwoman and Renee. I guess. They're writing styles are very similar when it comes to Gotham.

...yep, just looked it up. J.H. Williams said he's not going through with the promised series without Rucka. Crying or Very sad

10Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:32 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Brubaker is a Marvel exclusive nowadays. Rumor is Batwoman will eventually into the hands of Judd Winnick. Poor gal...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

11Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:38 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really bummed about this (that Office link really summed up my thoughts BlueMaxx). There haven't been too many characters in recent years I've really enjoyed seeing develop as much as Batwoman.

I think the thing that's most disappointing it it feels like he's only really just gotten started with the character. My sense was that he had a lot more to tell. I guess if there's one positive he has had enough time to set up a bit of a good starting point for the character with a history, a hideout, some mystery still and a link with her father.

12Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:50 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And that's not to say he won't be back after his side project is done

13Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

That really is a damn shame.

14Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Crying or Very sad

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

15Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Sad

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

16Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I'm not thrilled by this I'm not devastated either. At best I liked Rucka's Batwoman. I never loved it. Personally, I thought his Question backup was MUCH better.

17Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From what I'm hearing, he won't be back. I mean, you should never say never, but...

18Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Awesome news. headbang

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

19Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

scratch I guess you're waiting for people to ask why?

20Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I'm still a bit confused because I thought that Rucka was going to work on the Batwoman series. So since he left, will there still be a Batwoman series. If so, who's going to write it? Tomer mentioned that it would probably be Winnick but has that been revealed yet or is just rumor?

21Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:26 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Look for the series to be shelved for a while.

22Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ good question on who is going to write it

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

23Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Brubaker is a Marvel exclusive nowadays. Rumor is Batwoman will eventually into the hands of Judd Winnick. Poor gal...

I'm probably the only person on PoP! that would be thrilled if Winick wrote Batwoman.

24Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was looking through all the writers currently at DC and there wasn't really anyone who stood out to me who could capture the spirit of Rucka's work on this (well someone who's not already writing heaps of books) so I was thinking I wouldn't mind someone like Brian Wood taking it on. Someone a bit different.

25Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Empty Re: Greg Rucka leaves DC Comics Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:08 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:Brubaker is a Marvel exclusive nowadays. Rumor is Batwoman will eventually into the hands of Judd Winnick. Poor gal...

I'm probably the only person on PoP! that would be thrilled if Winick wrote Batwoman.

The problem I have with Winick handling Kate is the fact that he tends to be a bit heavy-handed when he writes gay characters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum