Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drama geeks

+14
TENIME_art
Sapphire Gypsy
Thundermatts
Hannibal king
Spaced4SimonPegg
(._Y_.)
FroZen
superdoug
shark6495
Heytherejeffro
MikeSabian
rwe1138
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
kidspider2099
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Drama geeks Empty Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:28 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was a drama geek in high school. I did almost a play almost all four years of high school. My school drama department did not do normal places. My freshman year we did Working my Studs Turkel, Then we did David and Lisa, then we did an improv show called Y B Normal, Roshomon (i wasn't in it)
a second improv show called on the spot then a one act play festival called Dramarama.

2Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:44 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I was a drama geek in high school. I did almost a play almost all four years of high school. My school drama department did not do normal places. My freshman year we did Working my Studs Turkel, Then we did David and Lisa, then we did an improv show called Y B Normal, Roshomon (i wasn't in it)
a second improv show called on the spot then a one act play festival called Dramarama.

But how about that time you fell into the Rancor pit. Tell us about that too! yes yes yes yes yes

-_-

3Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:03 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

You rang?

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

4Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:22 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

I played Nicely in Guys & Dolls in my last year of highschool. I also filled in several typical cockney walk-on parts in Oliver (in which I'd played the Artful Dodger when I was much younger). I've also done a few Shakespeare roles, Tybalt in Romeo & Juliet & Malcolm in Macbeth. The years I wasn't acting I was playing drums/percussion in the band. I miss it. Good times.

5Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did drama Sr. Year because we thought it'd be fun to do something new. It was Romeo and Juliet, and my best friend got Romeo, I nabbed Mercutio, and our other friend (who was 20 with homemade tattoos-yes, in High School) was Tybalt. We had a blast, but a lot of the male drama geeks were upset that we rolled in and took some of the better parts.
Fuck 'em, we had fun and got a lot of people going to the plays that wouldn't have done so otherwise.

Side note: My future wife had a small role, and the director/English teacher was the videographer at my wedding.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

6Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:47 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i did some theater in high school but didnt kick it into high gear till college(first time). did a few shows (midsummer's night dream, three sister, a few others) did some directing of the shows, did technical work on some shows. Just did hung around the theater in college. Got a minor in it....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

7Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:58 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I come from theater folk, so I was always interested in acting and stuff. When I got old enough to audition for the local community theater, it was the happiest day of my young life at that point.

Shows I've acted in:

The Trip to Bountiful
-- Extra (with a speaking line)
Harvey -- E. J. Lofgren (listed in cast as Cab Driver)
Into the Woods -- Cinderella's Father
Last Meeting of the Knights of the White Magnolia -- Milo Crawford
The Fantasticks -- Old Actor
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown -- Schroeder
Once Upon a Hardwood Floor (original production) -- (Forgot non-speaking character's name)
Guys & Dolls -- Big Julie
Noises Off -- Garry Lejeune/Roger Trampelmain
Lettuce and Lovage -- Irate Man in Crowd

Shows I've teched:

Bus Stop
As You Like It
Into the Woods (acted and teched)
No Sex Please, We're British
Steel Magnolias
Big River
Quilters
Murder at the Howard Johnson's
Lettuce and Lovage (acted and teched)

I definitely miss acting. Or maybe I just miss my old community theater group. Either way, I have nice memories of those years. Smile

8Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yep, I was in drama all through high school. Senior year a buddy of mine and myself actually wrote one of the plays and directed it. Good times...good times.

9Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:34 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I too was in drama. It was fun.

10Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was in drama all 4 years of high school. I even got to play a possessed girl Twisted Evil

11Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Never got the taste to act in front of people but I did do stage crew for like 2 years. Stage crew got all the bitches. Laughing

12Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:Never got the taste to act in front of people but I did do stage crew for like 2 years. Stage crew got all the bitches. Laughing

"When God said, 'Let there be Light', you can bet a technician was there to throw the switch."

13Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had always been interested in doing a school play, but they always did the lame ones, then my senior year we did Frankenstein and I played the monster, and rewrote the ending. The kind of cool thing was my school was super small, and not enough guys were good enough to be in it, so a few roles were changed to women (Victor Frankenstein became Victoria, therefore Elizabeth became Eric.) it was actually very cool and Victoria and I changed some dialogue that played off of a creepy mother son dynamic. It helped that a really good friend of mine (that sadly, I've since lost touch) played Victoria, we were fearless to just go with things because we were so comfortable with each other. Also, I got to kill like seven people, so that was cool. I really pushed for it to be dark and bloody, and they let me do it, by the end of the show, I was covered in blood. Not to sound dorky, but people went crazy for it, and it sort of got people interested, when for as long as I had been there, no one really cared to go see the plays. Again, small school, big football town. The football helmets were new every year, but seats were (are) falling apart in the auditorium.

14Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was usually in the chorus in the musicals every year, because I wasn't best friend with the directors daughter. Our senior year she let her daughter pick the musical and she was nice enough to choose something with enough big parts to go around.

They cast me in an alto role, I'm a soprano... or at least I used to be. I'm mezzo now because I stretched my vocal range down to hit all the notes because I told them "Bad guys don't sing soprano." and I lost my sky high notes. I miss them sometimes.

I usually got cast in the roles that required accents in drama class. I did a Russian part, I've played Frenchie, and just about every other role that needs an accent.

I did drama, choir and show choir all through middle and high school. Very Happy Couldn't break into local theater because the only folks that got cast without real dance experience were the children of people who donated lots of $. and my mom didn't think that dance was a good expense, what with the horses and all. Sad

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

15Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was Aslan in a stage version of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe; and I was Marcus Brutus in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

Wish I had done more.

16Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There's more drama geeks here than i thought. I do count theater techs as geeks.

17Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I took "Stage Craft" in grade 11 & 12, it was awesome. I was also a stage hand in several plays. I was always messing around in the sound booth in the auditorium. It was the best class I had in high school.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

18Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Awesome! tongue Seriously.

19Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not really one, but I take acting classes at school.

Freshmen year I took a stage combat class. For our final we had to team up with somebody and write a preform a fight. I was a drunken Sean Connery fighting a sith lord. We had one of the best fights, but I lost.

Junior year I took Acting 1 and did a scene at the end of the year. I also took directing and structured an epic gang fight for a silent film we had to make.

This (senior) year I'm taking Basic Improv. At the end of last semester we had an improv show and we're going to do it again this semester. Recently I wrote a short play that's going to get preformed next year at the student play festival. Since I'll be at college then I really hope that the director doesn't fuck it up.

20Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
superdoug wrote:

It was a fun show to do, and it has some great memories for me. I'll tell you my favorite story a little later, when I have more time. Wink

21Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i think acting in high school kept me sane.

22Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
superdoug wrote:

It was a fun show to do, and it has some great memories for me. I'll tell you my favorite story a little later, when I have more time. Wink
Does it involve scandalous actions? I know so many drama geeks that...did things on the stage or backstage while no one was there or after school. Tsk-tsk, naughty Kool-Aids.

23Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:18 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i don't think any of the drama geeks i knew got it on backstage. I did know girl drama geek who owned a pair of custom made vampire fangs, and was obsessed with rocky horror picture show.

24Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did some unspeakable things while at a performance at a local museum, but never at school.

I was an untouchable at school. I actually had a guy call me a dog... can you believe that?

I saw this same guy at a bar recently... I saw him check out my ass. Apparently this puppy grew up alright. Very Happy

I sang with a group that recorded a CD when I was 17. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

25Drama geeks Empty Re: Drama geeks Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ah, he was putting up a front for others, or else he would've kept it to himself if he thought that.

What kind of music was it? On your CD.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum